If you ever heard a poseur use the term "traditional music" this is the kind of shit they listen to...

If you ever heard a poseur use the term "traditional music" this is the kind of shit they listen to. This is the kind of shit they make fun of YOU for not listening to.

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt0NcaxmGHo
youtube.com/watch?v=rt2LHE3oeks
youtube.com/watch?v=AY9OaL07Yy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are no savage and civilised peoples. there are only different cultures. :-)

>poseurs actually unironically think this is just as good as western art music

LMAO POSEURS BTFO THIS IS SHIT

Fuck, this is great. Thanks for sharing.

The thing is, I bet a harsh voice like that WOULD sound good with the right instrumentation.

This dumbass is basically trying to put two things together that just don't mesh, musically. Australia has a massive problem with racism against aborigines, and I guess this is how the more liberal parts of Australian society try to remedy it, by turning off any ability to be discerning at all and just throwing things together. You can mix things that are disparate together but you have to think about it and work out how to use it in the process.

And that just does everyone a disservice.

I honestly thought it was beautiful. I look at Abos like primitive humans and you can get a clue to what Human culture was like tens of thousands of years ago by what their culture is like. It's like watching human history through a time portal.

This feels racist.

Like, how patronizing it is, it feels racist. Look at the look she gives them, like 'go on,it's alright to play, you're safe now'. White savior complex having motherfucker. Read some shit about how shit aborigines are treated and instead of trying to raise awareness about the issue or, you know, using some of her wealth to do something about it, coos and fawns like they're children or a dog that's doing a trick.

Condescending motherfucker.

The abos know what they're look at the way the old man looks at his wife when she coughs. The faggot at the piano asked two people to play their traditional music while he accompanied with boring piano shit. It's like mixing Mongolian throat singing and classical guitar.

[SPOILER] abos are gonna be extinct in 30 years so we all just play nice and pretend they're wise and noble [/SPOILER]

I feel like aborigines actually doing shit in their ceremonies doesn't sound like what they were doing there. Not that that isn't a part of it but I would imagine there would be more people doing percussion or chanting and they'd be doing it a lot louder and with a lot more passion.

Do any videos of their actual ceremonies exist?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt0NcaxmGHo

abos culture/music is sacred and beautiful i'll have you know u racist shit
youtube.com/watch?v=rt2LHE3oeks

>Australia has a massive problem with racism against aborigines
The problem is the Aborigines, not racism against them. Fuck, just read some stories from Australians about how those "people" act. They're barely fucking human.

Genuinely it reminds me of this Eric Andre Show sketch in how much it clashes.
youtube.com/watch?v=AY9OaL07Yy8
It's just ridiculous and lazy.

WE SINGIN OPERA HO

>The problem is the [ethnic group], not racism against them.

What has every racist in history said when pressed about their views.

Identity politics is shit tier.

>When you never fell for the traditional music meme because you always knew that western culture was the pinnacle of human achievement.

>tips fedora
We wuz vikingz n sheeeit

Also, European folk music falls under traditional. Way to out yourself as a plen.

thx whitey for educating us on what abo music is

Is Euro folk distinct from folk from elsewhere in what it achieves though?

Like, people don't think of Celtic culture as Western culture, for example. Since it's only on par with the rest, not notable.

folk music is trash, that's the point. vikings didn't create anything of value. we're talking about european christian culture, not heathen garbage.

WHEN I ROLL UP TO YA HOUSE, I'M ONLY WEARIN' ONE SHOE
LEAVE A COUPLE HOURS LATER, SOMEHOW I GOT TWO

>folk music is trash, that's the point. vikings didn't create anything of value. we're talking about european christian culture, not heathen garbage.

say that to my face not online motherfucker

I don't know, I feel like there's a balance between treating aborigines like sacred children and fawning over them and literally putting on a bunch of blackface and mocking them with coonery.

Maybe actually treating the aborigines like they're not a problem to be swept under the carpet and they're a group of people who live in abject poverty with incredible unemployment and have obscene addiction rates lmao

I too only like 4 chord, verse-chorus-verse mass produced songs I can dance and sing along to with my friends.

>mfw

OP here

Disregard that, I suck cocks