I wonder why Sup Forums is so pretentious about their own taste in music

i wonder why Sup Forums is so pretentious about their own taste in music

I'm not. I like everyone's tastes :)

Sup Forums isn't pretentious anymore.
That's the problem.

I'm pretentious to normies but I cover it up with irony
"haha i listen to indie cause im pretentious lol"

What if I'm not down with the Hancock herb man - WHAT THEN (head hunters is great real talk)

How do we save her? ;-;

Then I'd respect it but ask why so I could get your perspective on it.

cause most people here don't actually have a genuine interest in music. they came here for the sole purpose of looking to "improve their taste" hoping it'll fill the void, or make them seem interesting in some way. note the bizarre reliance/obsession with charts and reviewers. what's the point if ur taste isn't validated! and it's been an issue since the day this board was created

lucky for us it actually just makes the void deeper, and life eventually takes care of them :)

You don't.

Dammit herb man why you gotta be so reasonable - ok give me your fav herbicide album

I just wish people weren't so dead set on their hatred of certain albums/music - there's tons of things I don't care for, but that's it, don't care for, I can live if it gets played in my vicinity

there is nothing wrong with using music as a void dumbass
life is eat,sleep and fucking
anything else is just to improve those three things.

Easy now.

I don't think I'm pretentious. I really like sharing music! I like trying music from other people!

Sup Forums just shits all over my taste.

old faggot

Here's the guide, will post favorite -> least in a moment.

this

if Sup Forums is so pretentious why is top 40 waifu pop and rap among the most popular genres on this board?

Wut?

Sure

its not pretentious anymore. just a bunch of kids with really bad taste mad nobody likes their shitty charts

>so many people not being nice to eachother.

:(

wtf where is flood

>Sextant that low

Studio albums, friend.

I've been meaning to bump it up.

Oh ok thank you for existing Herbieposter
trips=checked

Anyone still use tnycht?

Not that I know of.

Tnycht fulfilled it's purpose for me. No reason to go there anymore.

What's Tiny chat?

Video chat, used to be a Sup Forums room

I usually do the same thing when music is brought up into conversation, mostly because its inevitable to not be seen as pretentious when all the stuff you listen to is esoteric

>hey user you like music?
>haha yeah
>what do you listen to?
>oh you know just some really pretentious stuff hahahahaha

Discord's the cool thing now tho

Why do you only say the safest things?

What do you mean?

>>what do you listen to?
>>oh you know just some really pretentious stuff hahahahaha

protip: stop doing this. it comes across as overcompensating and insecure.

just speak calmly and simply about what you enjoy/are passionate about. people will actually respect that more than you anticipating every possible attack on you and prefacing every little thing with apprehension.

Literally this

im pretentious, because i make the best hip hop of this decade

It still is.

I absolutely despise pretentious poseurs. It's almost as bad as poptimists. Became parodies of themselves.

The true patrician idealist utopia is people that can appreciate and recognise artistic merit in both popular "conventional" music and the more experimental avant, and not be biased to one or the other in deciding its artistic value and enjoyment.

I literally just say what I like. People then say they haven't heard of anything I like, which is when I call them "massive plebs."

its called negging

Not him but you've been here too long and you're probably not edgy anymore. But you do post shit that shouldn't even warrant a tripcode or an identity that comes off as dull or "hey guys, I'm still here!". This is coming from someone that has been here probably as long as you.