/daily/ - /daily/ edition

ITT: we /daily/

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40
youtube.com/watch?v=OhlcLpICZhE
youtube.com/watch?v=lZD4ezDbbu4
rateyourmusic.com/release/mixtape/amnesia-scanner/as-truth/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/roly_poly_rag_bear/straw__water__pinstripe/
rateyourmusic.com/list/FollowingLeader/daily/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was just about to make a bread
first tho

What's everybody's most anticipated album of the year?
Also what's everybody's most highly anticipated film of the year?

/daily/

slumber

more like /gaily/ lmao

>album
lcd s
>film
T2

LCD Soundsystem

I dunno. I probably have shit taste in movies, I saw Fistfight today and even though it was panned and I thought it was pretty good

My favorite movie is Edward Scissorhands

haven't listened to much the past couple of days and am about to go to bed so I'm just gonna write one or two sentence reviews

Discordance Axis - The Inalienable Dreamless
>grindcore
Pretty good grindcore, nothing amazing though.

Panda Bear - Person Pitch
>Psychedelic pop, neo-psychedelia
The way the songs were put together was cool, but the songs themselves seemed too simple for me and I got bored, especially during the 12+ minute tracks.

Angharad Davies & Tisha Mukarji - Endspace
>Lowercase
Never really listened to lowercase before, and I'm not completely sold on it yet. This album was just interesting at best.

w/e this is
fb /liturgynybm/videos/vb.197084530268/10154784868140269

Also how tf is Person Pitch rated higher than every Anco album?

indie rock is boring

Just like you

When is it coming?

No one knows
They said 2016, but there's still no date, not even sure it'll be this year
It's gonna be interesting whether Tool or LCD comes first

the jlin one i gues
and none

Why? - Moh Lhean
what's a "film" tho

>Also how tf is Person Pitch rated higher than every Anco album?
best member makes best albums

"i was at some record trading fair btw"-bump

i went into Senser and Detonator666 blind, the fomer is really mediocre rap rocc but it's wonderfully of-its-time especially the 80s kinda MCing, the latter is really bland black metal, expected more cheese or amateur appeal or something idk

ITT stuff i used to hate but it's actually p ok

the dynamics and use of stereo are great, the bass and the snare sound huge, it creates the feeling of a live performance, not unlike And So I Watch You From Afar 'cept not as riffy sadly
i just couldn't get into something this straightforward and "happy for no reason" at the time it came out but i can appreciate it for what it is now, and basically it's the rock equivalent of EDM, complete with vocoder and other sorts of samples. Sensation is a full blown house track
it doesn't have much in common with math rock though
strong 6 to a light 7/10

Please rec me some stuff

Good day /blog/,

I don't care if anyone reads any of this, but I feel like I need to express myself a bit, for my own sake.

We started the first class that feels entirely related to being a clinical psychology today, roughly translates to "conversation methodology". It's really about stepping into the role as a clinician, and learning how to talk to a client that makes them open up to you. Pretty good stuff, and our teacher is good too. Shitty however, the literature we're using is a book by him, and it seems we're not even going to use it for the examination. That's pretty fucking dumb, and I'll make sure it's changed until next year.

Secondly, the two new mice we bought seem healthy. One of them might be a little bit aggressive towards spot, but it's not clear if it's fighting or just playing. There's no blood involved, so hopefully they're just playing with each other. There's a lot more activity in the enclosure now with three healthy mice. RIP Pi, I'll miss you.

Third, I'm so fucking frustrated with the department of psychology at the university, for several reasons. One is that they sent out an email a little while ago saying "hurr durr you didn't receive your schedule in time but we don't care also it doesn't matter you should be here 8-16 every day derp" which is just entirely wrong and super annoying. We study at 100% pace, but we don't have lectures 100% of the time, so they can go fuck themselves. The entire point of a schedule is so you can plan ahead, and if we don't receive the schedule more than a few days before each course starts they can't expect us to attend everything.

c.

On top of that, we received an email from our last course responsible person type of whatever, that said that the lecturers were disappointed with our attendance, and that we are expected to attend everything. No, we're adult people and are responsible for planning our studies ourselves. If a lecture isn't obligatory, people are simply not going to show up, that's it. Especially when it's a series of lectures that are in no way examined later. Literally this entire course has been shit and the teacher is shit. We were examined on about 10 pages of literature and NOTHING more. I am completely incompetent when it comes to developmental psychology, but I'll still receive an A since the examination is so dumb.

I'm also annoyed with the Student Union. My role is to co-ordinate different parts of the student union to work together and lift issues from a lower level to the board, but people are just. so. fucking. unmotivated. I send out summons for meetings and ask what they want to discuss, no one responds. I ask them what should be put on a poster which I print and put in every bathroom stall, and no response. Top this off with the fact that I feel like the entire board, me included, holds a bunch of meetings that lead to nothing. There's no change happening from the student union, so I don't really feel like being a board member anymore.

Fuck everyone and everything. I wish I had never gotten involved in anything to do with the administration of this shitty university and just attended the examinations to get my masters and NOTHING MORE.

FUCK

please suck my dick

That's a nice underrated Acid Mothers Temple album, one of my favs, in a similar vein check out
Earthless - Rhythms From a Cosmic Sky

Similar to all that Nick Drake, check out
Bill Fay - Time of the Last Persecution

Finally, if you like folk a little more progressive than that above, like Roy Harper's work, check out
Michael Chapman - Rainmaker

>IAO chant
>underrated

zeitkratzer - Metal Machine Music
Guapo - Five Suns
eX-Girl - Endangered Species
Black Vomit - Jungle Death
Liturgy split w/ Oval

Only in that most people don't look past La Novia or Pink Lady Lemonade and then most who do just guess which of the other hundred albums to listen to

b u
m p

Microcastle-Deerhunter- 6.91/0
Blank Banshee 0- 8/10
Blank Banshee 1- 7.5/10

im at loss for words

Yo you recommended me Boredoms - O but I can't find it on rym, can you link it?

Dog Faced Hermans in - Hum of Life
Янкa Дягилeвa - Cтыд и Cpaм
Woven Hand - Blush Music
Strawbs - From the Witchwood
Doug Snyder & Bob Thompson - Daily Dance

youtube.com/watch?v=zdPCt5ZEf40
Its the first song on this album

you forgot to

/blog

!!!

I will also say that academia is the worst. My experiences with it have been consistently sad.

Never been in a student union though. That sounds like a whole lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

/blog

O lol I've heard that album but didn't recognize the song name, do you have a different album as a rec?

Moondog...?
You've probably heard It tho

I haven't listened to any of the singles, nor do I plan to, but I'm eager to listen to that new Mount Eerie album

I'd be surprised if that Tool album didn't surprise drop early this summer. They're headlining like crazy, and I bet they have a good marketing head behind them

I doubt LCD will be releasing anything this year, but I guess I'd prefer to be pleasantly surprised than mildly disappointed

hmmmmm

the new six organs of admittance looks p good
Alexander Tucker - Furrowed Brow
Jorge Ben - Fôrça bruta
Brise-Glace - In Sisters All and Felony / Angels on Installment Plan
\$hit and \$hine - 54 Synth-Brass, 38 Metal Guitar, 65 Cathedral
Rice Corpse - Mrs Rice
Sissy Spacek - French Record
Yves Tumor - Serpent Music
Werewolf Jerusalem - God Has Shot Himself

don't know what's coming out this year desu, Spiritualized® are supposedly coming out with something tho so that I guess

nice beefheart and ATDI

btw my mal is ZRoT, don't think you added the right person

i'm pretty excited for gorillaz, i don't think it'll be a consistently good album like the rest but every album of there's has a few great songs

>implying anything below this post won't be blogging
Solefald was okay though, i only listened to half of it desu. downloaded a few of their later albums they seemed cool

ayy

William Onyeabor - Good Name
>post-afrobeat, afro-electro

Good Name the song is always a banger, good to throw on at parties and to listen on your own. Let's Fall in Love, on the other hand, is a shitty electro song with bad atonal sax (as opposed to good atonal sax?), an experiment gone awry. Sounds like a bad 90s Eurobeat song with heavily accented vox. 3.5/5, I guess.

William Onyeabor - Anything You Sow
>post-afrobeat, post-disco, HiNRG
Ooooooooooh, when the going is smooth and good, many many people will be your friends. Smooth and good is a jam of a lifetime, a sweet song with a dark message: when the going's good, friends are with you always; when the going's "tough, friends will disappear". The synth on this is seriously next level, very nearly propelling me to a higher plane of existence. The other songs are just ok, but When the Going is Smooth and Good is an 11/10. 3.5/5

Recs por favor

Judee Sill - everything by her

I think student unions are a bit different in Sweden compared to, well, anywhere else. There more or less must be, by law, a student union at every academic institution for higher education, and they're supposed to make sure the institution doesn't break laws and treats students right and shit. It works well at almost all universities, but for some reason almost no one at my university is invested in it at all, and we have very few members so very little money (we get more money from the state than from members, what).

Compared to larger student cities like Norrköping, Linköping or Lund, where nearly everyone is a member, it's really boring. In those cities, almost all of the student life is arranged by the student union and their various sections. Uppsala has a union so large and prominent they don't even need to arrange fun stuff, they can devote themselves entirely to politics.That said, the entirety of Uppsala student union is left-wing SJW cuckshit* politics so I wouldn't want to be a member either way.

*by Swedish standards

I really like AnCo's early stuff, but I for real have never "gotten" Person Pitch. My friends all love it and I feel left out :( People compare it to Pet Sounds, and I just don't see it at all.

have you heard the rest of the duster-likes?
Specificially, I'd rec Hier Kommt der Schwartze Mond by Valium Aggelein and Birds in the Ground by Eiafuawn.

Also, given that you enjoy LUM and 36M, I'd rec Dreamworld by Blackout and Da Devil's Playground: Underground Solo by Koopsta Knicca

how much have you heard from anco friend?

Bitch Magnet - Ben Hur
A Lot Like Birds - Plan B
Usurp Synapse and some other band idr - Just Do It!
Colossamite - Economy of Motion
The Fire Show - Saint

recs?

Stone Alliance - Stone Alliance

You've probably some of these but they're not on the chart so, Black Flag, Gang of Four, Mercury Rev, Spacemen 3, Bad Brains, Neu, PiL, Minutemen, The Sound, At The Drive-in

Only thing I haven't heard with over 500 ratings is Animal Crack Box, which looks really unappealing to me, and three of their EPs, which I should get around to eventually. Is there anything else worth hearing?

Based on Jazz likes I think you'd like The Third World by Gato Barbieri

Saw you liked Long Season, and I would definitely rec going back to 98.12.28 once you'd heard more of their studio stuff, specifically Uchu Nippon Setagaya and Kuchu Camp.

Have you heard anything by Joao Gilberto? I'd recommend some of his earlier bolded material. I'd also rec the first could Mercury Rev albums based on how much psych pop you like.

i never made it past the first track on the umbersun but it's pretty great. should probably do that one of these days, never in the mood tho, i mean it's quite something

that Paul Dolden album i used for our last OP is sprawling and bombastic like no other. i'd also recommend Sieul de silences, he should definitely be your speed

since both your charts have Three-6 Mafia on them can someone explain the appeal? Listened to Mystic Stylez for the first time and it's boring, the beats are average and get really samey after 73 (seventy-three) minutes. Vocals aren't much to write home about either.

Check out The Pyramids - King of Kings since you like Pharoah Sanders

youtube.com/watch?v=OhlcLpICZhE

Does anyone know of good albums that combine metal and minimalism?

ZZ Top - Eliminator

>mfw this is actually accurate

The Pyramids are ace. Got into them last year after I listened to their album with Idris Ackamoor.

>What's everybody's most anticipated album of the year?
Sondre Lerche- Pleasure

>mfw i wouldn't lie to you baby/sugar

See also Tortoise & Bruce Springsteen.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZD4ezDbbu4

Shoobi Watxins - Glimpsing The Shoob

I just gave you recs, did you like them?

>general
Boris - Feedbacker (you might like it better than Flood, it's better after all.. you may also hate it)
Joshua Abrams - Magnetoception
Oren Ambarchi - Live Knots
Richard Abrams - Levels and Degrees of Light
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 2 Judges

>anime OSTs (mileage may vary depending on whether you've seen them or not)
Makoto Yoshimoro - Durarara!! Original Soundtrack CD: Psychedelic Dreams - Vol. 01
Various Artists - Cowboy Bebop
Shiro Sagisu - Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
Seiichi Yamamoto and the Fushigi Robots - MIND GAME OST

Yep heard it

Live at 9:30 is a solid live album. not much else under 500.

On Les légendes de Brocéliande, Serge Bulot presents the listener with eleven fairly short pieces of music that are mostly quite inobtrusive, though they all contain the potential to be very absorbing. Most of these tracks have a repetition as their basis, which may change slightly and subtly, upon which melodies play to add an aspect to the music which I would label as "character". On the cover artwork for the album, we see a person cycling across the face of a sleeping moon, like a scene that could be pictured in some imaginary dream. All of the tracks on the album create a fitting soundtrack for this kind of scene: their modulations (such as in Le Vélo de la Sorcière) put across a sound that portrays the curiosity of the imagination, and the swirling ambience (best heard on the title track where it is coupled with a dreamy woodwind melody and a rattling delayed guitar) conjures up the feeling of the tranquility of sleep. These two points kind of sum up the two main themes explored on this album: the controlled but excited ambient side (for example on the first three tracks) and the dreamy, ambient sleepy side (heard on Violectra, for example), both of which make this album very easy to enjoy.

could someone please give me ONE (1) rec

rateyourmusic.com/release/mixtape/amnesia-scanner/as-truth/

ooh nice, thanks!

welcome! enjoy AS's garage rock album!

if you add two bs to that you get garbage brock

ass rock

interesting

knew you'd like it

it was really solid. still angry that now 4/10 of my top 10 from this year so far are mixes.

not my type
yeah i rated 98.12.28 as low as i did when i also had fishmans low (and i gave it a 9 second listen), still need to revisit. glanced at the third world and it looks great, will listen, same with gilberto. also not a huge fan of mercury rev
umbersun is amazing but it's pretty extreme. added some paul dolden to my backlog
ty
forget what you rec'd desu probably added them to my backlog
thanks friend
dont really know your taste, but i love this and noones heard it
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/roly_poly_rag_bear/straw__water__pinstripe/

>not my type
:(

if you liked Forca Bruta, definitely try Carlos, ERASMO...

oh nice I'll check that out too!

>my gf, jokingly or not has been trying to find another gf for me, and for some time had settled on a choice, showing me her uploads on shit on fb.
>I've been laughing and trying to take this on the bright side.
>today, randomly, an unknown girl happened to offer me a right home (we were in the same direction) and just happened to be a friend of the girl that my gf settled on as her choice.
>say - do you know what's really crazy? my gf ha been trying to find me a new girlfriend and your friend is one of her top choices?
>think all of this is funny and inconsequential
>get home
>retell this mindblowing coincidence to my gf
>she is now mad with me

I'll post some new material @soundcloud soon, waiting for covers to arrive. Also Listened to Astro's The Echo from the Purple Dawn, which is one of my favorite noise albums, but I'll write on lengths about it some other day.

I hope she forgives me.

I haven't listened to that record they released last year actually. Lalibela is worth looking for too if you haven't already

Also reply time.

I'm glad to see that you are an active kind of person. Where I'm from university programs have a lot of issues too, but all of them are left unattended since no one wants to bother. I was in a dull exam situation, where I got an A on generative syntax or whatever - I studied a whole month in advance, but the test was completely odd compared to what the materials I god presented, whatever.
Student Union suck as a whole I think.

Saying that, and as a Bulgarian language/literature major/aspiring professor, I think that as long as the staff is friendly on open you can gain a lot more by discussing with them and sharing your problems, then let's say, by attending examinations.

>tfw accidentally bite lip quite bad, ouch!
>tfw it swells up a bit
>tfw continuously bite swollen lip because it is swollen and I'm not used to eating with it
>tfw infinite cycle of accidentally biting lip for the rest of my life

plz send halp

Music for this feel?

Carlos, ERASMO...

>Caetano shows up within the first minute
this sounds like it will be a good album hmm...

Caetano wrote the song, Erasmo sings it. It's very good :)

The Beatles - The Beatles (The White Album)

>Pop Rock

The White Album follows a very familiar trend, seen in literally every Beatles album before this one: It's a mixed bag. Every Beatles album so far has at least two songs that are uninspired, childish, underdeveloped, or just uneventful. So, reviewing (and scoring) boils down to one question: what is the ratio of bad to decent to great songs?

And for The White Album, it doesn't fare too poorly, actually. Something around 1:2:1. The main problem is that this thing is a slog to sit down to listen to. I don't mind long albums, but long albums were not meant for The Beatles; a lot of songs here sound very similar to each other and blend together in a bad way as a result of the album's length.

However, this album does have by far my favorite Beatles composition to date: Revolution 9.

>3/5

rateyourmusic.com/list/FollowingLeader/daily/

nice Ellie-core chart :^)
but really, check out
Grausamkeit - Satan's Addicktion and Pure Madness
Cecile Taylor - Nefertiti, The Beautiful One Has Come
Fushitsusha - Allegorical Misunderstanding

well it's still a mix of exclusively their own material so that doesn't really count does it

Another Sunny Day - London Weekend
>Jangle Pop, C86, Twee

A compilation of ’88-92 singles from Cornwall-hailing jangle pop band, Another Sunny Day, that falls into the all too common jangle pop trap of sounding a lot like The Smiths. (You know it’s bad when the first first line on their Wikipedia page calls them out on it.) And as always, that’s not to say there aren’t some great songs on here. I love the power pop enthusiasm of “What’s Happened to You, My Dearest Friend?” and the lo-fi haziness and Velvet Underground-propulsive build of “Can’t You Tell It’s True?” (both from the same single though).

“I’m in Love With the Girl Who Doesn’t Know I Exist” is probably the most single-geared song here, and with the extraordinarily blatant Morrissey-imitation “You Should All Be Murdered”, apparently put the band on the map. The latter does have a pretty good shambling guitar riff though, and many have a pretty good drum sound.

The last third of the compilation gets a bit tiresome, and those singles loses a bit of the urgency seen in the earlier releases.

6+/10

I should start putting these in a freeform chart again

Recc me bb

wakes on cerulean

we have designated threads for these types of things
check out the modest mouse EPs

haha
sui...
ha"haah"
self titled... s/t
hhuhu

>ellie-core

i think i know what you mean by this but wdhmbt

my apologies, thought this was one of those threads

Strand of Oaks - Hard Love
>Indie Rock, Stadium Rock, Neo-psychedelia

As the genre tags there would indicate, this is an odd combo of indie and stadium rock with a bit of a psychedelic streak. Sounds way too much like a bad mix of the Fray and Bruce Springsteen with some background buzzer synths thrown in—maybe a dash of Black Keys. Most songs are treated with pointless light psychedelia. Most songs are at their most experimental in their intros and outros (for example, the last 30-ish seconds of “Salt Brothers” are nothing short of crazy). Miss me with everything in between.

These guys are playing near me in a few weeks, so I figure’d I try them out, but I’m super disappointed. They do kind of seem like a better live act though, so I may still see them.

4/10

Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers From the Universe

it pretty much is one of those threads as long as you come back and tell us what you thought of what you listened to