How does Sup Forums feel about this recent phenomenon going around fb where people want to coerce the electoral college...

How does Sup Forums feel about this recent phenomenon going around fb where people want to coerce the electoral college to vote Hillary in despite the election results and recent events.

change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=470903&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-sm-share_petition-no_msg

it's getting millions of support I'm sure part of Sup Forums did sign the petition

You can't just sign a fucking petition on the internet and make Hillary president. God you fuckin liberals are retarded. Go read a book on US Government.

2 possibilities

1) Ain't gonna happen
2) Civil War

Fucking inevitable. Just like how there was a petition to have a second Brexit referendum in hopes that the new result would be Remain

I'm not a big trump fan but this is fucking ridiculous.

The amount of outrage and backlash from an already unstable group of people would be significantly worse than what we're seeing now.

If Trump is not fit to be president it will be apparent early and he would be impeached.

They're trying to shake down electoral voters into "unfaithfully" changing their vote. This has been done before, but only 157 times in u.s history and not a single one changed the outcome of a vote. Not to mention they would need to flip more than ever in one point in history (32?)

You realize there is an actual path that this 'could' work right?

There is a literal way that this could happen. It isn't going to, but under the current way the system works it is possible.

If you think the current protests are bad (they aren't), then you just wait to see the uproar that will be caused if they overturn the election result.

America will be pushed ever closer to a civil war if that happened and if that happens, no party will win.

Anyone have opinions on the university scam thing?

>Wtf is 'Murica's government

Shut up

I didn't make it m80. I should also mention some states "bind" a voter to the election results. However this will usually only take form of a fine. Which big wig Clinton supporters will surly offer to pay.
But like i said, un-fucking likely.

Some fresh OC, hot off the presses for you bitch ass niggers

I'm serious man, he wouldn't have to give up presidency or anything right?

Unfitness can't get you impeached. You essentially have to break the law, i.e. lying under oath that you did not have sex with that woman. He has the potential to be an outstanding president, but even if he's shitty he's got the office for at least 4 years regardless

Not true. While that would be 100% impeachment, they can still call for a vote without having solid broken law / lie.

Regardless, pretty sure trump has done both lol.

There's a faithless elector in WA who's abstaining his vote because he's Native American or something and would rather pay a fine than vote for either. Once they call NH for Hillary she'll still only be at a pathetic 232, meaning she would need to flip 39 Trump votes, not even 38 bc of the one guy in WA

Liberals are so fucking butt-hurt its so funny to watch. This petition wouldn't do shit. 20 GOP electoral voters would have to flop their votes in favor of Killary. Do you really think thats going to happen? And the mere fact of flipping your vote is incredibly rare in the electoral college.

Yeah maybe in an alternate universe. Trump is the president of the United States for the next 4 years get used to it

THIS

doesn't fucking matter. she conceded. Im happy with all this hate and racism. women getting what they deserve, people of color getting what they deserve. It feels good to be white right now.

I'm saying that there is a way that it can happen under the current way our government works.

It isn't going to happen. But it isn't just some baseless internet petition.

Are you speaking of calling for an investigation, or impeachment with the intent to remove?

Doing this would destroy any confidence people have in their government. The backlash would be enormous and probably lead to outright civil war and half the country seceding.