I tend to be arrogant in my writing and way of thought...

I tend to be arrogant in my writing and way of thought. I want you all to bring me back to reality by asking me questions which will surely disprove and discourage any further inflation of my ego. I don't really believe I'm subject-specific smart, but rather more wise.
Might simply be autistic though.
Tldr: I think i'm smarter than everyone else, test me

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.de/books?id=lwVjsKcHW7cC&printsec=frontcover&dq=dialectic of enlightenment&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie_erQy6DQAhVCrRQKHQRAC3cQ6AEIJTAB#v=onepage&q&f=false
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How is that working out for you?

Why the fuck did you use about 20 more words than you need to? Do you self aggrandize by wasting other people's time?

Whats the sense of life?

Shitty. It's hard to form relations with people as most of what they choose to talk about is superficial. It all seems to be obvious and boring when people talk. I piss people off quite often since i see no use in filtering myself.

We all think like that, then we grow up a bit.
We may find humility but also confidence in the skills and knowledge we do possess.
Important to remember that other people may know stuff we don't.

It's called being human.

Read this book and explain it to me in a few sentences:
books.google.de/books?id=lwVjsKcHW7cC&printsec=frontcover&dq=dialectic of enlightenment&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie_erQy6DQAhVCrRQKHQRAC3cQ6AEIJTAB#v=onepage&q&f=false

Yea, i do that a lot. Don't really know why. It's what naturally flows out.

It's called being a narcissist and believe me, you're wrong.

Sense? i think have a malformed question.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing

i think you*

Right, i agree but there is still a number of people who are above the average. I may not know everything but most of what i do think about seems to be the most sensible.
Might be narcissism as said.

I'm not superhuman. I'd have to get back to you with this one.
Thanks for the book recommendation though, seems like something i'll enjoy.

Is there a path to achieve the intelligence one delusions themselves with? or must i self-doubt forever? I'm not arrogant in day-to-day interaction by the way. I'm actually quite humble but when it comes to something i feel strongly about, there isn't something i won't say.

A true narcissist would never even begin to question him- or herself when it comes to how fantastic they are. The narcissist is blind to own faults and will blame the world at large for all failings.

So, no, you're not a narcissist.
You're just young.

Have you got any reason to think that you are wise, or is it simply you remembering the circumstances when you behaved wisely for an instance and are then attributing it to yourself as a character trait rather than an action?
I think the wisest people dont percieve themselves as such, they know their strengths and play to them.
I think you are using wisdom as an excuse for laziness and not pursuing personal growth in any given direction. If you downplay the interests of others as superficial/obvious/boring then you are actually excusing yourself for the laziness of not trying to empathise with someone else's worldview, you dont know more you are just limiting the ways you can enjoy yourself in this finite existence, unwisely.
True wisdom is finding pleasure and truth in each moment, it isn't about telling yourself you are more intelligent than everyone else in the room, that's narcissism.

Ah, the fruit to my tree.
This is a good perspective to see through.
Is there anything sensible about simplifying my choice of words if what i wish to achieve is literary perfection?
How long must i nourish my curiosity before i can truly equate my ego and intellect?

maybe it better is: What's the meaning of life to you? What do you life for? Altruism? Hedonism? Kantism? Egoism?

You really should give other people some credit. It will enrich your life and give you pointers to a better life. Else you will stay put in a closed ego-circle-jerk.

wanking into the mirror

You may like it indeed. We are reading it in a university seminar and it's very hard lecture. But it's also very interesting and one of the basic books in modern philosophy.
It tries to explain why things like tho holocaust and nazi germany itself could happen in a post-enlighted society.

I don't see the difference between acting wisely and being wise. Is not one without the other?
Well, i don't consciously decide whether or not someone is boring/obvious/superficial. It's simply what my brain determines from what is being said.
I like what you said about it making me lazy to self-improvement.

If you look you cannot see me. And if you see me you cannot see anything else. I can make anything you want happen, but later everything goes back to normal. What am I?

Always play with the things that gives you joy.
If it's language, learn a few and round off your vocabulary. Literary perfection is a myth, in fact perfection is a myth, which is nice, so no wasting time on achieving it. Liberating, you'll agree.

Nourish your curiosity as much as possible, the more you know, the more you know there is always more to know.
At some point you can say, with authority, I know now that I know nothing.

Your ego will always be a hinderance, if your intellect is sharp enough, you'll realise this and toss the ego.
Be warned, the ego does not want to go!
It will fight you and make you think you ARE it.
Hardest battle in any life is to manage ones ego. Good luck.

Well, I can't attribute myself to any one life-view.
I take life as an experience. However meaningless it may be to the universe, we create our meaning through culture, society, entertainment, family, goals, dreams... etc.
More philosophically though, we are pure experience being probed by stimuli. The thoughts we are given and emotions which drive us are not who we are but what the world has created for us.

My brain? but that wouldn't make sense since rolling my eyes back isn't really looking at my brain. Don't know.

but are you not your brain?
You have more control over what your brain 'passively' decides for you then you realise, have a look into neuroplasticity.
it's very easy to see yourself and your emotions as automatic, but we are the mechanisms that make us move.

In regards to acting wise and being wise,
Acting is easy, you act once and your action is done, unchangeable forever, it's easy to remember the time that you gave a homeless person money on the side of the footpath, but that doesnt mean you are a good person onwards, it just means at that point you behaved nicely.
Internal wisdom on the other hand is an ever changing and ever growing landscape of internal and external reflection. Its about experiencing life instead of closing it off. Remember, you are better than nothing and no one, the value you place on intelligence is arbitrary.

Jesus christ your so fucking autistic.

so it's hedonism to you mixed with determinism. Basically you say you don't have a free choice.
either way, this is pretty good:

I get what you mean.
Almost like i'm making you all respond just so i can jerk off to myself talking in tongues and passing it as intelligence.

at the end of the day we are all pieces of shit, who is to say being an edgy intelligent white boy means shit if all we do is think about ourselves and complain about things we only care about to pass time. We cant be wise at all if we cant actually feel strongly about the world we live in. I think edgy dissociation is a weakness and lack of empathy we mask as a strength

>... lack of empathy we mask as a strength

I think you just described 90% of the patrons of Sup Forums.

I'll look into neuro-plasticity user. Thanks.
I understand now... I'll have to be more vigilant about how i value myself from now on. It may appear to some that i like bathing in my own cum but i want to learn and grow as a person. I think that's why i came to you all. The ones who will insult me but will eventually open my eyes to different perspectives.

I'd guess not caring about the world or about life is a result of a capitulation. There are countless problems around and no easy solution. I, for my part, have already capitulated several times because i wanted to make the world a better place but felt powerless. This, i think, happens to quite a lot people. There is still no good answer, the best thing to do is "never stop trying making this shithole nice again"

If you're so smart why are you so unhappy?
If cumb dumbs can figure it out then why can't you, maybe this "intelligence" that you have and everybody else lacks is completely useless.
This is the world you live in friendo and the social rules have been set.
If you are so smart how come you haven't figured out how to play the rules to your advantage.
Why are you here talking to degenerates?
Is it because you yourself are a degenerate?

It's only a strength if empathy is lowered, but if it never existed, it's a disability.
Almost like answering the half-full or half-empty question. It all depends on whether the glass got to that point by being emptied or filled.

beware of being too vigilant with yourself, then you get a strange breed of narcissism where you validate yourself by isolating all of the things you believe you do wrong and then emotionally chastising.
Everything in moderation

What contributions have you made to society recently?

I'm not sure low empathy is ever a strength, perhaps better suited would be selective empathy.
We are exposed to too much trauma, but if we allow that to desensitise ourselves then our threshold for pleasure lowers with it.

None whatsoever. It's my internal meaning for life, to contribute greatly to future thinkers and societies. Don't know how or when but thinking will surely be part of it.

You're smart, or so you think - so why would you think empaired empathy a strength?

So what would you say your purpose is, and would you say that you are actively working towards it?

You don't have to say something special for people to listen

not empaired, lowered. If you have the experience of being naturally empathetic and being able to lower it shows resistance to difficulties. Though i think explains it much better.

>If you're so smart why are you so unhappy?

bruh

I don't know yet but sitting on my ass and watching youtube videos surely isn't working towards it. I like thinking, it's what i do best. I think that being this self-aware of my faults at 19 is the best for me. I can only get smarter and wiser from here.
My ultimate goal is to be a public intellectual. Someone who people may not always agree with but will see my view as well thought out.

tell me why you want other people to think your views are well thought out?
Because at the moment it sounds like you want to be validated by the public and I can tell you that aint gon work out.

Are you thinking about going to college. To be a respected "thinker" anymore you need bona fides or atleast some proof that you're an actual intellectual original.

I ask myself this everyday.
I think it's to do with not trusting myself. I know i can take advantage of my mind and loosen up, but i'm afraid of corrupting myself. If i begin to shallow my thoughts to be happy, i might never return from my delusion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect?wprov=sfla1

Every 19 year old will think themselves more knowledgable than everyone else in the world.
There's no limit to your (potential) genius when you're 19.

Thankfully this burden of know-it-all will fade and real, actual knowledge will begin to seep in, with a healthy helping of humility.

Everybody feels the way you do, it'll pass as you mature.

Have some unrelated animated boobs.

No no no... not validated, consulted. Someone thought of as a thinker. I couldn't care less of what people thought of me but rather how they think of me. Someone who people will say, "i wonder what _____ would have to say about this."

Tell us more about you user. What's your education level, what's your living situation, what's your longest romantic relationship, and what are your hobbies?

of course, though independent reading is more fulfilling. Becoming learned is definitely on my list.

that's funny. So you believe, you are the next Charles Xavier. You wait for doom to happen and then you want to make a fancy entry on the new world stage with your superb intellect and all the acquired skills to build up the new world order from the ashes...

You DO know, that this is just another way (exaggerated, in your case) of your mind to keep a self-esteem? The lonely caller (or sth alike): "Knowing" of a dire fate that will happen soon and warning others (to no avail). The lone hero. Keeping fit and possibly socking supplies in a bomb shelter because the world will collapse. And everyone else who didn't believe in chemtrails is dead and you are the only one who survived and now you will form the new elite.

Chemtrails is a joke (i meant it as a joke, bcz its just hilarious). You could also say WW3, Global Warming whatever. It's about this: I am one of few who see it coming and prepare for it. That's why i am special.

To be honest, i do this, too, to a level. As a method it is quite good. BUT i don't discard the real world because of a possible future that might not even come to happen.

Why would anyone care what you think? What sets you apart from every other 19yo "thinker"?

You are currently in your delusion.
Delusions of grandeur.
Every great man has a poo, eats some wine gums and talks about storage wars.

You've come here only to depress me.
>High School Graduate
>Live with parents in South Central LA
>About 2 years solid and 1 year off and on with a qt 3.14
>None, though i'm starting to read more. I work 2 jobs so I don't have much time for hobbies.

you sort of remind me of myself a bit at your age,
Im only about 5 years older and cant tell you the exact point, but there comes a time when you realise where you are and exactly how far you have to travel and grow to get where you want to be. I can tell you its not easy.
Be careful of prizing yourself solely for intelligence, its easy to view the mind as wholely seperate from the body, whereas they work in unison. treat both kindly. And there is nothing wrong with a creative/philosophical field that is both mental and physical, like the arts/sciences.

But what original thought have you gleamed from reading others thoughts? Would you consider yourself a parrot of other people's ideas?

Not here to depress, just wondering why you would consider yourself an original voice. What hobbies did you have before you started working? What do you do for a living?

You missed my point. I know i'm an arrogant 19 yo autist without accomplishments. I hope to work myself into becoming this person i talk about. This "thinker".

You hope to, how?

i guess he means passively: His brain will make him into the thinker he imagines now.

I think it's a compromise we all make. I must first parrot the thoughts of those i agree with until i've come to terms with my own reasoning. I must learn from the greats of the past and grow my perspective outwards.

going to school, learning as much as i can and using such knowledge to form the best view i can.

That's called individual growth. How are you planning on implementing the experience of individual growth into a thinker of any renown?
Have you tried writing? Maybe fiction to work out the kinks in your reasoning and make a few connections therein?

I would play vidya, jack off, and watch youtube.
Wow, i'm a lot more of an autist than i thought.
I work in the kitchen doing line work.

Going to school for what?

You have an idealised vision of a thinker in your head
A wise, endlessly creative, thoughtful, insightful and witty caricature of a person that you see elements of in yourself, that you would like to focus on. But are you willing to cut away the parts of yourself that don't fit that mould? Why? To spread wisdom to others not wise enough or perceptive enough to think those wise thoughts themselves?
Why should you make a caricature of yourself and become a half person to satisfy the needs of others?
I'm not sure there are many people who are this thinker, and less who became it because they chose to be. Much better to become a thinker in the future is to think now, about things other than yourself.
The past, the future, recurring patterns, arts, music, words. It will be easy to get lost in this narcissitic and idealistic view of yourself that you will likely never be if thats the only reason you are doing it. Wisdom for the sake of the love of it, not for the views of others.
Google, internal and external locus.

You never tried to express yourself before? In art or writing?

Knowledge isn't synonymous with intellect. How you perceive the world and react to it in regard to the knowledge you have obtained is called wisdom, which is a consequence of intellect.

There is nothing wrong with being authoritative in writing if the objective is to persuade others to agree with your argument. I am very similar to you, but I do not let it affect my decisions or happiness in life. I just go with the flow.

I figure my life will be much easier than most. I already have a beautiful woman I plan to marry and make roots with. My family is Upper-Middle Class. College is a breeze. I am likely to get a full-ride scholarship(most professors said so). Just be happy OP.

Well being well rounded in specific subject areas will broaden the perspective i'll have for any topic. I can use literature and history for reasoning out the death penalty or psychology to open the eyes of the world to the mental illness trying to brute force itself into society.

As an artist I couldn't agree more. You don't TRY to become an "artist", you are an artist simply by virtue of creating art. Whether you're good or bad is just a matter of time and experience.

just wait until life happens brother

So you're saying you're well read? But you haven't applied that knowledge to anything personally exclusive or tangible?

I'd like to start off as a journalist and go about a writing career from there. I'd still learn as much physics, math, bio, and chem. as i can. I just want to learn everything but journalism or Writing will be my main focus.If not, Engineering will suffice.

Nope, i lack the creativity for art and my writing usually becomes random thoughts and rants with the same autistic grammar.

Did you write for your school paper at all? Or submitted articles for review/publication? How are you at being criticized or having your content rejected?
Also, how would being an engineer satiate your need to be a renowned thinker?

creativity is learned

But you want to become a journalist? You might work better in the research dept.

No it's not. Technique is learned. Creativity is innate.

>No
>No
>I like criticism, is me being here not make it obvious?
>It would allow me to fulfill at least some objective sense of intelligence. I think it goes with the wording, hard science.

as the son of a Neuroscientist, I can tell you that you are very nearly 100% wrong

You sound like every single 17 year old libtard who read a book once. You're trying too hard.

As an artist I can tell you I am nearly 100% correct. I've met alot of art school kids that lacked creativity, but had great learned technique.

Knowledge itself is ever expanding - I suggest you keep up with it. And by the looks of your post OP, it seems you've found a good stopping point two thirds in to your book of SAT words. Your convoluted vocabulary does not boast intellectual prowess. You aren't wise. You're a thesaurus.

creativity is itself a technique, its a style of thinking and problem solving, the issue seems to be that often people place to much weight on artistic technique and not enough on asking why they have any reason to be creating that art in the first place.
I am painfully overqualified to talk about art wank.

You don't matter to 99% of the people you meet.
You will live, breathe and die without them noticing.
They also have equally fulfulling lives as you. Their values may not be the same as yours but they go through a day as rich an personally complicated as you.
Even if their life's struggle is what to watch on netflix after a 9 hour shift at a petrol station.

Be kind for everyone is fighting a hard fight.

I believe you've all achieved the purpose of this thread. With your probing into my way of life and thinking, i can see how much i don't know. It brings about a lost feeling.
I'll calm down on the wording now.
You all asked me questions i never asked myself. I was ignorant to a lot of things i never thought of.
Yea, i see that now. I think i cling on to it because it's all i have left, my mind. I have no friends or true experiences. Haven't gone out in months and have noone to talk to since philosophy and politics aren't interesting to everyone. This autistic grammar and delusional mind is what's left of me. Despair in human form.

If you dont think boring people can learn to be creative you haven't seen a bunch of stoners regroup and build a bong from scratch when theirs breaks.

I teaching drawing at a University and from my experience it's 100% something students will learn. It's simply that people learn passively as children observing tv, books, art, toys, (probably through high IQ, when was the last time you saw an artistic bully?) and that translates into them being creative early.

Given the proper 6 hours of foundation for creativity people who don't call them selves artists make quite impressive creative strides in a day or two.

very eye opening user. I think i did take myself to seriously. I try validating myself through superfical means. By ways that won't benefit me in any way, which might actually be harmful. I'm not who i think i was.

And those without capacity for creative thought? Those who are naturally literal minded and have no capacity for abstract thought?

and who are they?

You don't have to do abstract things to be creative. Inventors! How abstract do you rate the telegraph?

creativity is just problem solving, if you can figure out how to get food into your mouth you can be creative

Being artistic has nothing to do with high IQ or intellect. I've seen some really stupid people make brilliant art and some really smart people make brilliant art. And vise-versa.

It's impressiv how ignorant you are OP.
Proving you wrong would be a kindness you are not desserving off.