BANDCAMP THREAD

Bandcamp thread. nothing new, you know the drill. The last one is dying and/or in a coma. Like my GF.
Last few ones were a-OK. Keep it up guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

noriginal.bandcamp.com
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/improvisations-ii
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/tired-travels
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/the-raven
harshnoisewall.bandcamp.com/album/jf-li-mag-ny
varsas.bandcamp.com/
dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/the-original-music-to-the-last-ride
flocksrecordings.bandcamp.com/
deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/
svccy.bandcamp.com/releases
sainttomorrow.bandcamp.com/track/portland
youtube.com/watch?v=W63jrJfxR3k
substantial.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/sorewigg
youtube.com/watch?v=oZsq_-49HfA
simoncameronfletcher2000.bandcamp.com/
zacb.bandcamp.com/album/netrunner-ep
zacharysticker.bandcamp.com/album/morning-star
benjaminhickey.bandcamp.com/album/lost-boy-2
clyp.it/ui4qf3pt
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
echotail.bandcamp.com/album/the-ancestry
bigrare.bandcamp.com/
cuddlyone.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=2OQvBrXLHUU&
occasionallytapes.bandcamp.com/album/stay-hydrated
androgynoussquash.bandcamp.com/album/androgynous-squash
angiehosh.bandcamp.com/album/solutions
thearticlesofmusic.bandcamp.com/album/north-lake
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uploaded a new condensed version of progression

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>experimental
>boom bap
>rap

Hello! I've got some NEW STUFF! Fresh from the bakery!

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/improvisations-ii
>said new stuff
>more piano improvisations!
>less ambient-esque this time (I think...)
>mostly a backgroung music

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/tired-travels
>a collaboration with Eelot (eelot.bandcamp.com)
>drone, ambient, modern classical

cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/the-raven
>loop-based dark ambient
>combination of digital and analog means

Wonder if I should really DO something new-ish now.
Also, a brief idea. Why don't we just make some sort of a Facebook group? That might be quite good to create some area for collaborations, general discussions and overall goodies. I mean, I don't know if that's a solid idea but... Tell me what do you think about it!

Wondering if you just shill or actually contribute to these threads...

>Wondering if you just shill or actually contribute to these threads...
You are in a Bandcamp thread. Take a wild guess as to that guy's intentions.

Hi guys

LATEST:
harshnoisewall.bandcamp.com/album/jf-li-mag-ny
>wall noise
>textures
>drone
>6 different "walls" to describe loneliness, depression and suicide

varsas.bandcamp.com/
>harsh noise
>drone
>noise rock
>indieshit
>psychedelic rock
>bluesyfolky
>FL studio electronic music

reccin ma boi

the new album should be ready by april or march

I really, REALLY want to have some hope...

Waiting for it my man!

Hey I haven't see you post in a while. Cool to see you have some new stuff.

dave-roland.bandcamp.com/album/the-original-music-to-the-last-ride

>synthpop, ambient, original soundtrack

Lyrics are currently all that's holding me back. I haven't done vocal work in over a year so I'm uncertain about doing it, even though these songs really need it.

>Lyrics are currently all that's holding me back. I haven't done vocal work in over a year so I'm uncertain about doing it, even though these songs really need it.
#YOLO
But seriously, I think that your music needs them a bit. However this can be a bit stressful, agreed. Maybe do several versions on few different days and have somebody listen to them? Somebody, you know, who knows about that kind of stuff.

>lol, obviously

I actually don't let anybody I know hear vocal takes, I've been pretty conscious of it since my first album which wasn't particularly liked.

I also took a look at the date for my last true album and it's actually been 2 years as of this month since I last did vocals. This might be worse than I thought.

Shoegaze, emo influences.
Pretty fresh album.
DIY.
Having fun making sad music.

flocksrecordings.bandcamp.com/

tearsofchronus.bandcamp.com/track/power-of-the-mind

>neo-folk/prg
>new single from upcoming album

Recs:

deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/

>dark ambient

svccy.bandcamp.com/releases

>Cds soon available

>Dream
>Chillwave
>Synthwave

sainttomorrow.bandcamp.com/track/portland

>Indie
>Emo
Digging this

Do it and then worry about that. Because you will only hold yourself back by saying stuff like that. I mean the same thing is happening to me from time to time so I get your position.

Can't understand what the hell is with that DIY tag. But, hey, this is pretty nice. I like the mixing of the instruments. They feel solid but a bit artificial. But that's because of the effects I presume. While the compositions aren't the craziest thing on the world they are quite solid and don't make my head dizzy which is always fun. Tiny problem for me are the vocals - I don't know if they "fit" well to the music, at least in "Low" I feel like they could be mixed better. But it's really solid and I like it much. Definitely DLing it later for future listens!

Well, well Tears Of Chronus, long time no see!
Checked out your single. You've improved since I've heard you last time. Quite much, yeah. But I have some problem with that single. Something isn't right and I can't get what it is. Maybe the mixing is a bit bloated, maybe it's something else, I don't know. But it made me excited for the new release for sure! Also, loving these vocals, Jesus!

i get a strong twin peaks vibe off of this. i wouldnt be surprised if you did the score for the new season.

fuck this is good. have you ever played perfect dark on the n64? this sounds like some of the music in the levels, especially those funk basslines.

Flocks guy here, just tagged DIY because it literally is, we're just a bunch of friends with about $1,000 worth of recording gear, we mix ourselves, no studios, none of us are professionals, just having fun. Thanks for all the compliments and constructive criticism. Appreciate it.

It's more than likely it's a bloated mix, I'm hearing it now re-listening. But hey, I'm glad you liked the vocals, I've been mostly just paranoid about those. Thank you!

Mix is WAY too loud, holy balls. It's unpleasant and it made me quickly quiet you down. And your quiet moments are way too quiet. This inconsistency is really annoying and it need fixing. Not a fan of the vocals either. They are not wining but they sound like you are drunk or something along these lines. It can be pleasing but for me is annoying as all hell. And in the second verse it sounds like you really speed yourself just to be on point with the track, another thing to fix. Generally, since I'm not listening to emo all that much, I find it the least compelling, even this being just around 2 minutes. I see something here but it's over a horizon. Wearing a really shady jacket and looking at me funny.

>because it literally is, we're just a bunch of friends with about $1,000 worth of recording gear, we mix ourselves, no studios, none of us are professionals, just having fun
So... we're all DIY then! But with even less money!

thanks for listening no I haven't played that game ahahahah

check it out senpai, the bass and drums are so similar. i hope i see mroe of your stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=W63jrJfxR3k

I want your Cd !!!!!!!

yeah it is similar cool !!!

That's just doesn't add up mate

Still really, really bad...

substantial.bandcamp.com/
>rap
>good

Posting the chart that was made yesterday in case some of you haven't seen it

sorewigg.bandcamp.com

soundcloud.com/sorewigg

youtube.com/watch?v=oZsq_-49HfA

Pretty stereotypical rap-ish track. Nothing really interesting. Nothing really crazy and/or fancy. Blends well with other SC peeps around.

simoncameronfletcher2000.bandcamp.com/

>bedroom pop from toronto
>folky stuff
>acoustic lofi stuff
>stuff like elliott smith, early sebadoh, daniel johnston, alex g, ween's first few albums
-

recs:

>Wu-Tang Nirvana shirt

Reposting this for the first and last time.
zacb.bandcamp.com/album/netrunner-ep

Loved this. Will be sure to grab a CD.

This is damn cool. Recommending as well.

Yeah, it's not bad. To be honest I prefer NECROPOLIS in that sense that it feels more cyberpunk than the rest. But it's a good fun. Sadly, the beats are a bit generic which is not bad, just they don't intensify these tracks. But I'll probably get more out of this soon.

Cheers for the feedback.
Agreed on the beat side of things; another project I've been working on for months is all glitch and IDM-type stuff. I guess this is the polar opposite of that in some regards.

happy kurt cobain day

cause a Wu-Tang Nirvana shirt is such a good show of appreciation to an artist. gtfo teen girl

zacharysticker.bandcamp.com/album/morning-star
>Rock

Rec
Piano has interesting electronic yet acoustic sound to it. Sounds beautiful, very atmospheric and dreamlike piano playing. reminds me of the piano in the track "Kid A"

Definitely sounds like an ambient track made in the 1980's. Really like the melodies, especially on the featured track. Also sounds like it could be from a video game.

benjaminhickey.bandcamp.com/album/lost-boy-2
>synthwave/electronic dream pop

major recc:

Thanks for listening. My piano is actually a digital one so yeah, there's that. Although a comparison to "Kid A"...
Heard "Morning Star" and "The Great Dirge" track. First of all - that's up with the mixing on the first one? It feels really weird, unnatural, somehow unpleasant. And it may be just the fact that the instruments are recorded poorly. Especially seeing how the second track has a better overall quality in it. Also, I think your vocals aren't mixed well. They don't fit music sometimes, you know? Like they are in a different sphere of existence and not in a good way. Mixing of the drums is also really, really weird, hollow, empty. Especially the cymbals. Me personally 7 dollars seems way to much for it but hey, you be you. But... I can see where are you going with your sounds and aesthetic. Theoretically it would make a very diverse release and such. But in practice your album has a multiple holes that, with a proper fixing, could be hidden from the ears of the many. So keep at it!

Hey, a Princess guy! Yeah, having problem with these artificial drums/drum-esque parts alright. The are so weirdly recorded and I remember them being much better in your previous release. But the rest seems juicy enough to be entertaining and interesting. Sometimes your cracks which is obviously unpleasant. Although I would prefer more dream pop over synths and electronica but hey.

I definitely had some problems with this track. I used some lo-fi samples for the track for the drums and my vocals are amateurish and not professional, and could have been too loud in the mix. I think this is the only track that has these problems. Thanks for the feedback

hey im benjamin hickey, thank for listening! i actually much prefer live drums too, i had to use a drum machine since im away at school. when this semester is over i am recording an album more in the vein of "Princess" and other previous releases. heres a demo i recorded over winter break clyp.it/ui4qf3pt

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>depressive/melancholic musicke
>each release is different
>when prozac no longer helps

currently working on an 2 track EP

reccs
new album hype
gotta check your new release now
pd: a facebook group is not a bad idea desu
weird
enjoyed this

hugely recommended

Right? But I just don't want this to be like only a few guys because that would be better as a conversation. Sadly, it seems, you're the only one semi-interested as of yet.
Also, did I said "rec" enough times that people know I like your stuff?

There's already groups like that on FB of musician Sup Forumstants and a shit ton of people from fb/mu/, one's called Sup Forumssicians, I know there are a few others and more than a couple dozen groupchats.

Can you provide links to these? I'm genuinely interested about these

echotail.bandcamp.com/album/the-ancestry

>rock
>grunge
>progressive rock

Just released a new album, hope you guys can check it out and let me know what you think of it.

The compositions are quite hypnotising and very haunting, very nice.

Some parts sound very much like Deerhunter, very cool stuff. Liked Man quite a lot.

Very nice to see a new single from you man! Your vocals are really good and the track is nice.

Some very sick guitar work man, Underwater was a jam.

Some really beautiful moments on Transient Life, the guitar work is awesome and very intense.

bigrare.bandcamp.com/

>lofi hip hop
>beats
>instrumentals

Would love feedback

reccs

Can't go wrong with Echo Tail!

I think Sup Forumssicians is invite-only at this point, but you might be able to find it by searching for it on FB idk.

Hey hey, was wondering where you went! I haven't heard something new from you in a while, this excites me! Thanks for the listen, man, it means a lot knowing you liked the new single! I'm gonna spin your new stuff now.

I'd be down for a facebook group if it got our music out beyond these threads

Thanks guys, hope you like the album if you are listening to it, let me know what you think!

Veeeeeerrry prog/grunge, I love the production on this album. It's not super polished, it's incredibly organic and lush. The guitars, both distorted and cleans, sound expressive as hell. The vocals in particular are amazing, I love the harmonies especially in Anxiety Rush Hour, which is one of my faves along with Integers and Devil In The Desert. The ratio of heaviness to softness is very balanced. A lot of the vocal parts and lyrical content remind me of Gin Blossoms or Foo Fighters but in a more proggy context, which might turn some off but definitely not me because I loooove that era of music. Fucking great album, man.

cuddlyone.bandcamp.com/
>bedroom, lo-fi
>for ffo: johnny goth, xiu xiu, little kid

youtube.com/watch?v=2OQvBrXLHUU&

dig the vibes, very well produced. really surprised by how good this sounds. for some reason gives me nostalgia for spyro the dragon? very, very well done though its not the kind of thing i normally listen to. something about the vocals is odd though. like they aren't blended in as well, they sound separate from the track. maybe just turning them down a bit would do the trick

I appreciate the album art. this is some weird shit but its awesome. giving this one a download. gives me some really abstract sega genesis anime blade runner vibes its fucking awesome. love the use of old school midi. cant really hear anything wrong with this it's awesome

really weird. at first i was thrown off of the autoplay but then i heard "Underwater" and changed my mind. this is well done. some of the sounds are really random and not mixed very well. i can appreciate the experimental side

Oh yeah, Building A Myth, that one's probably my absolute favorite. Strong grunge vibes with the vocals, the instrumentation is like White Pony-era Deftones which is fucking great.

Which sounds sounded random? Do you mean from the featured track?

(Cont). ...Im sure a few of the sounds sounded off putting but are put there very deliberately

In Underwater it starts with those beautiful quiet strings and at 0:47 that abrupt guitar part comes in and switches to a completely different song. I'm not saying it's bad it's just my impression on first listen

Oh ok. Yes I noticed the guitar comes in quite loud, however I felt this was the best version of the track.

Awesome man thanks for the feedback, the harmonies on Anxiety Rush Hour took a bit of work so glad it paid off in the end. Production was also a bit of a pain also as I took a different approach this time round so I am glad that worked out for you also.

bump

We're dying again anons...

triteicerecords.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Label, Various Genres

>STILL OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
>2 BRAND NEW RELEASES!

>space husband
>artificial recreation technique
>Lansing, Michigan, Chillwave, Questwave.

>Beige Monk
>New Aeon (Modern Androgynous Horror Suite)
>New Jersey, Alternative, Alternative Rock, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Psychedelic Pop, Psychedelic Rock, Rock, Shoegaze.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Solo Bandcamp:
jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

Proud Supporter Of:

you're stupidly good at being a solo-musician
fuck you.

>industrial, experimental, drone, electronic

Just finished this thing up after leaving it sit for almost a year

polahr.bandcamp.com/album/anodyne

At least we could work up the replies to 70-80 for a few days
That's something

occasionallytapes.bandcamp.com/album/stay-hydrated

>Rhythmic drone/ambient
>sample-based
>it's about water

returning all feedback, I'd love to get some :)

recs:
(major support to this label)

I like "Winter". I find it to have a nice mix of elements. At least for a first half. I think there is way too much added for such a track, too many elements that makes this thing really try-hard-ish. Also, after a while, I can hear how compressed these drones seems to be. And I don't find layers to be that interesting (except that little touch of an old recording). "Teeth" is the place where I just went out. I can get myself to be interested to listen to this all way through. It's not consistent, feels like snippets combined together to see what might potentially stick. I've never liked that approached and, to be perfectly honest, I don't like your release. Then again I'm probably not the target audience but the disappointing drone track made me really unhappy.

I mean sure, I can look at it from this angle. Seems more optimistic than the rest

>Seems more optimistic than the rest
It's good no matter how you look at it, because it means there was conversation/interaction between artists. That's what we need (and also new listeners)

Thanks for the feedback! I love hearing opinions good or bad

I like it what you've shared. With one giant "but". I have an aversion for ambience made with a very weak rhythmic section. I mean, if you start to make ambient with some beats at least make these beats interesting. Because, at least in my eyes, they are a driving force behind beat-based ambience. Yet I see that it make me more "meh" about the track than without them. They could really be exchanged with some decently layered drone. And also, maybe, removing vaporwave-y voice samples are always welcomed in my book. But the rest seems OK, for a most part it doesn't make me go mad and/or angry about you so there's that. Just thinking that you might get a lot of more listeners and/or love from people if the beats were not just placeholders for nothing and that they actually make this stuff more interesting.

Totally agree.

I would love you to participate in here because I think you're new, if not - correct me. We'd welcome all feedback you give to anyone of us. Much appreciated in advance!

I usually lurk, but yes. I am fairly new. I'll work on getting through some releases in these threads

holy shit "im glad youre not dead" is fucking amazing

androgynoussquash.bandcamp.com/album/androgynous-squash

>garage
>post punk

not mine, but from a band that i've done recordings for

from the same guy who leads the band at angiehosh.bandcamp.com/album/solutions

>goth
>punk
>synth pop (track 4)

thearticlesofmusic.bandcamp.com/album/north-lake

>psychedelic
>sludge