Why do people find these two funny, again?

Why do people find these two funny, again?

(And don't say drugs. That's a cop-out.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FlSHYL9peVc
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYUXOSxHtc
youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9yBgTp9UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mtYMx9P0zgI
youtube.com/watch?v=HWAAXrlt43s
youtube.com/watch?v=m-m7mBSw-5k
youtube.com/watch?v=tH4p_MX4YG8
youtu.be/_bXw4I6UqZs
youtu.be/SBs455jwb8w
youtube.com/watch?v=GjY11NtUceU
youtu.be/-tPX06wJh4g
autismsupportnetwork.com/news/aspergers-survival-guide-humor-656721
youtube.com/watch?v=XELKAaCerps
youtube.com/watch?v=XWX4GUYGQXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sJA3gQ6jmxc
youtube.com/watch?v=uCzq-uCSvfY
youtube.com/watch?v=qmmLr5nEGLA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mostly because you don't find them funny, so there's a sense of superiority in 'getting it' when you're too retarded to.

What is there to "get" about their act? They act cringeworthy on purpose. Nothing hard to grasp about that idea.

I never said there is anything to get really, they just like to think there is. It's like an inside joke fueled by an inferiority complex.

Parody of styles and sub-genres. Followed by Tim's irono-humour / anti-jokes. Followed by bad production or quirky / cheesy sound effects and music, oft times from cheap keyboards.

But most of all, a dedication to making the folly the folly it iself. Here in lies what I'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlSHYL9peVc

They have amazing comedic timing. Watch Tim's youtube skits where he does a cooking show and Eric comes in at the end to taste test the shit. Their fights are fucking hilarious.

Nobody finds them funny, their productions are all money laundering schemes.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYUXOSxHtc

No, you're thinking of Adam Sandler.

No, there's certainly something to get. I really do think you had to grow up watching those awful late night infomercials to understand what they're going for.

Eric Warheimer as the viss president

Also, I'd add, the "they are literally ear and eye cancer" or "they're gods" is what helps keep the machine spinning. It's like two counterweights for a pendulum.

I've seen plenty of bad infomercials and public access TV shows to "get" the idea behind their shit, but T&E just aren't funny, regardless of the conceit behind their bullshit.

More classic T&E. One of their less famous skits.

youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9yBgTp9UQ

lel'ing @ this damage control

Damage control? I wasn't even arguing with anyone.

Also, that's a statement that suggests neither side is right but helps them in garnering interest.

muh nigga. One of my favorites

Bedtime Stories has been the best thing they've done so far.

youtube.com/watch?v=mtYMx9P0zgI

Also, the musical numbers:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWAAXrlt43s

On Kino is the best.

>but helps them in garnering interest

So, you're against their interests. So you've chosen which side is right, this isn't a neutral position.

That's fine if you don't find them funny. I was just explaining that there was something to "get" in their act.

I've chosen nothing in my statement. I added, in answering OPs question, that the diametric/polar opposites of the people who have opinions about them is actually a positive for them because it just keeps discussion going in varioius online circles when guys like you start a thread or post news about a new show they produce.

So was any of that supposed to be funny, because it wasn't.

This one absolutely kills me
youtube.com/watch?v=m-m7mBSw-5k

lel fundie mad his precious cuck king got made fun of

They're experimental. They try new things, basically throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Not a whole lot works, in my opinion, but I believe they have a goldmine in the character of Steve Brule. They have an unsympathetic who is mentally unwell. It's an excellent way to convey disturbing comedy.

This. They have such amazing attention to detail, right down to the crazy posters in the background, fictional product brands lying around, etc. OP is probably a Chad.

>Premium?
>I'd say creamulum

They occasionally get a few good jokes. Other than that I think they're going for "ironic" humor and low-quality parody.
I don't really enjoy check it out or tom goes to the mayor.

Their show is something I watch late at night when I can't sleep. Not really something I'd go out of my way to watch otherwise.

David Liebe Hart and Pierre are 100% comedy gold.

old brule is better tho

The On Cinema Universe is one of the best comedic concepts ever and is up there with Monty Python etc

youtube.com/watch?v=tH4p_MX4YG8

From what I've seen they're funny because they're actually fairly spot-on when it comes to parodying late-night shit from the 80's and 90's.

Whenever I see that "IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE JIM" commercial I keep thinking of something like youtu.be/_bXw4I6UqZs or youtu.be/SBs455jwb8w

They just fucking nail the style.

>talking shit about Tim & Eric

Sure is summer.

yes

It's garbage appreciated by hipsters

People like this is why they are popular.
It's just another reddit meme.
You could play a loop of monkeys screaming and people would swear it's hilarious if you convinced them most other people also find it funny

>People not liking what I like is summer

First time I saw Steve Brule I almost cried of laughter. The shitty way it looked, all those unexpected cuts
>SPORTS UPDATE
>old guy talking to the camera "You're waving your hands in all kinds of direction, what do you guys want?"
>END
This one killed me. I can't understand how someone wouldn't find this funny

I love absurdity for the sake of absurdity and some laughs.
Seriously one of my favorite shows of all time, and the movie was more of the same. 10/10

the way Brule fucks up words and his speech pattern is the main thing that gets me

John C Reilly is actually a ridiculous actor when you think about all the shit he's done

Watching it makes you feel slightly uncomfortable in a humorous way. Instead of thinking "lol that's random" you're thinking "holy shit are these writers okay?"

OP I never understood either. I think only hipster faggots think they're funny but that's just me. It's literally "lolrandumb dude weed" humor.

How can one man have so much talent?

youtube.com/watch?v=GjY11NtUceU

The only things I've liked from them were Tom Goes to the Mayor and Brule.
Only John C. Reilly could have been Brule.

Anti-comedy has been a concept since Andy Kaufman. If you don't get it or find it funny that's fine but don't act like it's some new hipster fad.

lmao, you probably think that the Fast and the Furious movies aren't satirical as well.

They're action satire comedies and the writers know EXACTLY what they're writing.

You didn't like Will Forte's character or their spoof of Cosmos?

Samefag please go and watch Big Zimbabwe Theory and Kevin Hart films because obviously T&E are so hard for you to understand tee hee

It turns out Eric Wareheim isn't actually funny. Tim has been better than ever since they started doing separate things. Eric is basically a third rate zach galifidkaknais character at this point. Just look at him on Master of None and then look at stuff like On Cinema, Decker, The Comedy. Bedtime Stories was great though.

youtu.be/-tPX06wJh4g

>T&E are so hard for you to understand tee hee
Like I said hipster faggots.

Humor is difficult when you're autistic.

Here is a guide for you:
autismsupportnetwork.com/news/aspergers-survival-guide-humor-656721

>A style of comedy around since the 70s is only liked by hipster faggots

you have to be 18 to post here

t. butthurt hipsters

You just don't get the Absurdism movement. It's the same reason pic related was popular. It is a middle finger to the unthinking majority, and an absolute hysterical riot to those who are in the know.

>He's not funny in a show he didn't write so he's not funny

Watch interviews and podcasts where they both appear. They both can improvise their style very well

t. Robert Ebert

What is there to "get"? I've never seen any infomercials (not a thing here) yet I think the awesome show is great. Maybe it simply clicks or with you or it doesn't, there's nothing to "get" though

Don't invoke the god emperor with me, faggot. I have better images than you.

Dumb fucking trump poster

Nah f a m

Didn't catch the sarcasm there did ya kiddo?

TIME TO FLY
youtube.com/watch?v=XELKAaCerps

>Delta Force soundtrack

This is perfect

Trump supports the All-American CIA agent Jack Decker though.

I don't get why he hasn't been doing anything though. He seems dependent on Tim. His delivery in Master is absolute shit too and he does have control over that. I do think he's funny but Tim is more talented.

Eric is a great director.

>People actually think this shit is hilarious

you're relying on memes to backup your claims you cringey faggot. I was already cringing at the guy you were arguing against. just go back.

Pretty much this. They tread the line between obscure and ridiculous without necessarily going obscene/disgusting. It's a personal preference, but I find random and obscure humor funny. They do it well and mostly in a PG to PG-13 manner. Not relying on being too gross or crude, but instead on just uncomfortably awkward. They'll use gross when it fits, but they don't oversaturate their content with it for shock value.

>It's not funny!
>As he posts Facemaking Reaction Man from The Office

It's almost as if humour is subjective for each individual

why is anti-humor so unfunny?

Tim is an amazing physical comedian. Every fucking face and move he makes is gold.

>It's a "everything in comedy has to be funny to me because i'm so special" episode

But it's literally drugs.

Maybe Dane Cook talking about opening a door while making noises and prancing around is more your speed.

I prefer Bill Burr and Ari Shaffir

I dont find Tim & Erics Awesome Show funny when high.

I have to watch that show sober to be able to enjoy it.

nah, I never do drugs and love T&E

how can you watch something like youtube.com/watch?v=FlSHYL9peVc and not laugh. Every line is fucking gold.

>Ari Shaffir
>le amazing racist nigger joke man

sascha baron cohen does ari's one notable gimmick better. you probably shouldn't lecture people on what is or isn't funny. nigger. :^)

If you can't laugh at Paul Rudd's Computer you're probably joyless human trash

youtube.com/watch?v=XWX4GUYGQXQ

Sketch's called Celery Man btw.

I enjoy celery man, but hate all fans of celery man including myself

That's the Marvel movie Paul Rudd was in, user. I think you're confused.

Total one bagger.

His main gig is directing music videos now, not comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=sJA3gQ6jmxc

I've watched every video in this thread so far and not a single one has made me laugh. These guys are hacks, only an angsty teen or a misanthrope could find this shit funny.

Maybe in 10 years this'll be funny, or maybe not.

Why do you care what other people like / don't like? Humor is subjective famalam.

youtube.com/watch?v=uCzq-uCSvfY

HOT!

Unfortunately all the deleted takes of this from the DVD aren't on youtube.

You probably just don't get it 2bh pham. That's literally it.
youtube.com/watch?v=qmmLr5nEGLA

So is morality, and yet there are crimes and punishments.

>I came here to say this is NOT funny and only bad people could possibly enjoy them

thanks for the novel contribution champ

Not all humor is tailor-made for you specifically, professor.

My friend with aspergers loves them. Dies laughing at pretty much all they do.

He also laughs every time a sound is repeated too long and at farts.

I don't think they're bad people, I was just stating those are the types of people who this appeals.

Normal comedians think some things are stupid, and make fun of those things, and the audience laughs because they, too, think those things are stupid. These guys, however, think everything is stupid, and thus make fun of basic human behavior. Thus they only really appeal to people who think everything, even themselves, are stupid. It's like an ironic defense mechanism.

It's absurdist humor. That's it. Some people find it funny, some don't. The ones that don't, seem to be really bothered by it and keep bitching about how they don't get it when there's clearly really nothing to get. It's instinctual. You either laugh or you don't.

i just think people acting like total fucking weirdos is funny

You could use that in defense of anything, which is exactly the kind of wishy-washy postmodern attitude their skits have.