youtu.be/uuTcyXW2fsc
youtube.com/watch?v=2O9sZKXOCTo
youtube.com/watch?v=G5gBOlOWCLs&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=FI6wLtQla1E
youtu.be/i-p8-tcJh5I
soundcloud.com/harakiri-disembowelment/loss-of-consciousness
youtube.com/watch?v=sP-nSnuD6so
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is a chart that i intend to edit throughout the year, based on your suggestions. it contains eps and full-length shugazi releases from 2017. it's early in the year, and the chart isn't even fully filled, so some of the albums on here are pretty not great. by 2018 it'll probably look pretty good though

please post some suggestions ty

best jesu too

i just stumbled upon this and have to ask, is this the best shoegaze of this decade?

unfortunately

fuck im tired

aren't we all

what are the best ones on the chart user, I've only heard tangible rays

why has no one ever thought of mixing metal and shoegaze? would sound awesome

honestly don't know if you're baiting or not, but OP has posted one of those albums

New free Ambersmoke if y'all didn't know.
ambersmoke.bandcamp.com/

"Most of the sounds on this album were made with vintage or toy synths with guitars used sparingly."
It's not as pretentious as that makes it sound okay.

ersatz window is gr8
kairon irse I didn't listen to yet but its probably really good knowing them
super magnet and io sound recordings are pretty cool if you're into more spacy abstract psychedelic stuff

the tamagotoji one has a couple good tracks on it too

jesu.bandcamp.com/album/silver

Why has no one thought of giving a link, or at least naming the band. It's hardly metal in my opinion. Closer to pop punk and I'm not joking.

I think black metal is what you want with metal+shoegaze, or more specifically, blackgaze.

what similarities does it have to pop punk

jkb sounds like mark hoppus

I only got to the second song, but on that song, they've got the punk drum pattern & the pop punk clean/major vocal. There's obviously more to it then that, but I had more of that reaction then metal.

I'm not a blackgaze expert but you might enjoy these
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIGGiS33j_A
youtu.be/7rgB94jWvgY

>jesu.bandcamp.com/album/silver
I'm only at the first song but so far, I really like this. But I also agree with the other guy in that this doesn't really sound like metal very much.

Can anyone recommend me some blackgaze that's really just shoegaze but heavier? I haven't enjoyed any of the blackgaze that I've listened to, which admittedly isn't much. It's all just post-rock style compositions that don't stick out as particularly memorable to me with some screaming in the background.

1/4

and last one
4/4

graveface.bandcamp.com/track/shouldnt-stray-from-the-shadows
why did no one mention this new monster movie song
get on top of things shugazi

>Most of the sounds on this album were made with vintage or toy synths with guitars used sparingly
sounds pretty cool
never listened to before

Is there an equivalent chart for Chinese artists? Preferably one with some shugazi on it.

What, like Deafheaven?

ty for posting m8

anyone else here make shoegaze? couold do with some help on my guitar tone
clyp.it/0bcwwvyz

I'm new to shoegaze so I went through this chart. I mostly liked the essentials and stuff on the right (noise/black). Any recs?

So blackgaze nu-males got bullied out of /metal/?

Nice, I've been thinking about listening to more shibuya kei

youtu.be/LJLP5GGptho

guys how do I make screaming vocals like in blackgaze? I tried once and it sounded like crap and ruined my throat.

try it a different way until it sounds alright

Sounds like you ran the guitar into fuzz, and strait into your soundcard/interface and you added plugin reverb in your DAW.

Without an amp and speaker + mic, its harder to get a smooth fuzz. You could use a amp and cab simulator vst + EQ for better results.

Here's a quick recording I just made.
At first it is just Jaguar > SPX-90 > Amp, then when it goes quiet for a split sec, I kick on the Polara reverb for even more reverse smoothness.

Then I turn on the Big Muff which is after the SPX-90 but before the Polara, then lastly, when you hear it get harsher, I turn the Polara off.

clyp.it/1laweziy

Even this is kinda a messy quick recording, but it's basically how I get the sound. I'm still adjusting the sound from the SPX-90 in order to make it smoother and less clicky. It could be due to me modifying the unit to accept a guitar's impedance, which made it much brighter...might undo the mod.

GRIS ISNT BLACKGAZE

this the old outdated chart, even the newer flow chart is outdated. Last year we wanted to update it and we never got to do it.

It'll never happen probably

Saw kairon irse this weekend, was pretty fucking great.

name some essential shoegaze albums pls

I don't think one exists but I'm just gonna list a bunch of Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese shoegaze bands:
Baby Formula
Boyish
City Flanker
Dear Eloise
Forsaken Autumn
Manic Sheep
Sea of Tranquility
Skip Skip Ben Ben
The Sound and The Fury
The fuzz
The Gar
The white Tulips
Thud
TuT
河豚子
yourboyfriendsucks!
汤姆克鲁斯和凯蒂赫尔姆斯

tell us about it

Well, it was at this pretty small club and they played mostly the new stuff, the more proggy material worked really well live. Also this good krautrock band played.
Nothing too out of the ordinary tho, so no big stories to tell.

Faye Wong is great too

How many of her albums are actually dream pop?

I can't dig their new trip-hop sound. The drums are weak and what I loved about their old albums was the roaring guitars and HANL-esque reverbed drums.
Salem is a solid track though, the rest (and all of The Great Nothing) just felt bare

Haven't been on here in a while, anything ever happen with that one obscure Japanese album nobody could ever find?

Yeah someone uploaded it
it's aight

also curious

Seemed like one of those things that just seemed so cool because it was unattainable at the time. It's probably too j-poppy for most people on here.

Thanks. I'm seeing a girl from HK and she was really impressed that I listened to Faye Wong.

Would be cool to bond over some more Chinese music.

I can't express how much I love Eureka.

Have you ever had trouble getting into a usually rec'd /shugazi/ album/band? I love dream pop, but I couldn't get into Teen Dream for the longest time. It just suddenly clicked when I sat through the album again recently, then the same thing happened for DP and TLYS.

What album? I love both jpop and shoegaze, so i'm pretty interested in this. Could a friendly user share the upload, or redirect me to the achive or thread where it was shared?

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S69585293#p69593986

I never posted here. Could anyone help me?

Are these songs of what genre?

youtube.com/watch?v=rZHPCcFmEjc

youtube.com/watch?v=_5utM9A9VI4

youtube.com/watch?v=7JFLEE6b8SU

youtube.com/watch?v=rF1sfqnp8kk

Thanks man

Coaltar of the Deepers - Yukari Telepath. An absolute must listen

Forgot link: youtube.com/watch?v=2Ir5C-Ir_v4&t=822s

I love Alvvays and Hibou. I'd say indie pop, synthpop, dream pop, and space/psych rock respectively.

Me too. Thanks

I heard this a couple weeks ago and cannot stop listening. Really can't believe I haven't seen it around here. Could someone rec some similar artists?

love you

found slowdive tickets for $35 should I go?

youtu.be/uuTcyXW2fsc

Listened to this because of this post; cannot thank you enough.

I've only listened to two of them and Fuzao (anxiety) is the one that is the most shugazi.

holy shit, which venue? I'm looking for 1 more ticket for toronto but it sold out.

do it bro

Sounds like it couldn't hurt.

Brooklyn Steel on May 9th

some spanish dreampop:

youtube.com/watch?v=2O9sZKXOCTo

I've heard Fuzao is the only dreamy one

Anyone going to see Slowdive in Livepool

does anyone have a link for Skip Skip Ben Ben - Sacrifice Mountain Hills?

This is actually their best release

what do you think of the new ride track?

youtube.com/watch?v=G5gBOlOWCLs&feature=youtu.be

Listening to it now, sounds like that belongs on going blank again, but with a lot, A LOT, more reverb on the guitar.

It's probably around the same level as the new Slowdive track, I like it, but I don't love it.

Not bad actually. I like the part at 0:20 - 0:40 the most. I wish I hadn't listened to Vapour Trail as my first Ride song - there's only a couple of other songs of theirs that I like as much.

Yo bipolar explorer is ducking good dude,

You gotta check it out

heh, maybe I'll dig it more after a couple of listens but it ain't on par with their previous material.

pleb

It's better than their last two albums

I don't even consider their last two to be part of their discog.

it's kinda proggy

This ones been getting me lately. Esp great on acid.

youtube.com/watch?v=FI6wLtQla1E

Great record. Another favorite of mine from them youtu.be/i-p8-tcJh5I

pals, it's all about emergency turn-off

I've seen this band referred to as dream pop/shoegaze. Any bands similar to Broadcast? I really like their vocals and psychedelic sound

Im in a shewgays band and we have a new track out,

any one wanna check it out and leave feedback?

soundcloud.com/harakiri-disembowelment/loss-of-consciousness

sunny day in glasgow

focus group

the advisory circle

that's all i can remember atm

I dunno if this chart really does a good job,
I like true widow and really like whirr, but I didn't really like the albums before them on the chart

>no cotd

ya memed it

check this out too

this was shit.

This album doesnt get enough praise here IMO. Top-tier dreampop sound.

Ride fucking sucks

Not as good as this: youtube.com/watch?v=sP-nSnuD6so