What is the best rock album in the past 20 years and why is it objectively this?

What is the best rock album in the past 20 years and why is it objectively this?

you're a feague

I dunno but probably not that

>what is your favorite opinion meme and why are they all shitty and pretentious

It isn't even the best TMV album though.

Bedlam In Goliath > De Loused In The Comatorium > Amputechture > Frances The Mute > Octahedron > Noctourniquet

And the Glass Handed Kites

I fucking LOVE everything on this album, the opener is one of the best songs I've heard in my life.
This one is also a great contender.

Now THAT'S a hot opinion

>noctourniquet last
gut yourself f a m

it's up there for sure

Reminder that putting Deloused in the Comatorioum above any other TMV is objectively wrong.

>tfw 99% of TMV fans don't even know that Omar was forced to cut 50% of what was originally meant to be released

Rick Rubin was a mistake

De Loused In The Comatorium > Octahedron > The Bedlam In Goliath > Amputecture > Noctourniquet > Frances The Mute > Scab Dates > Tremulant

Though Frances The Mute has my favorite track Miranda, That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore.

Frances The Mute > Amputechture > Bedlam in Goliath > Noctourniquet = Deloused in the Comatorium > Octahedron

>Octahedron above FTM
I couldn't even imagine what kind of people would do such a thing

at least provide some kind of argument

that's not public strain

no its quite obviously to the point where contradicting is either deliberately blind and without much deeper thought, or contrarionism

It's a great album, and it doesn't have L'Via L'Viaquez on it. Which is one of my least favorite TMV tracks. Also I am a vinyl fag, Frances The Mute is terrible on vinyl because of the way it splits the tracks so poorly.

The argument is opinion. You new here?

>it doesn't have L'Via L'Viaquez on it. Which is one of my least favorite TMV tracks

Why? It's one of their best rocking songs with Viscera Eyes. And their best Santana rip-off.

It's too repetitive for my liking, and I am not a fan of Santana.

I think you mean this.

provide reasoning for your retarded ranking or don't post. it's glorified shitposting

It's literally ranking the albums of the bands being discussed based off of opinion and personal choice. No other reasoning or argument is required.

Beat Cops - Mean Streets.

But they're very underrated, just like Heppners last band Priestess.
I think it's kinda like a curse by now, really. Or maybe because they're canadians.

nooooo fucking way

Amputechture is too long
There are multiple tracks on that album where they had a material for a 5 minute long song but decided to stretch it to 10
Octahedron is underrated
At first I regarded it inferior to their 2 first albums, but Bedlam is probably their best. It needs time to grow on you

The only thing that album has going for it is the cool album art and the decent opening track. So no, it can't be the best rock album in the past 20 years.

Yeah it could be, here are some other contenders imo:

Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A#∞
Swans - The Seer
Shit and Shine - Ladybird

Frances the Mute > De-Loused in the Comatorium = The Bedlam in Goliath > Scabdates = Amputechture > Noctourniquet > Octahedron

The Tremulant EP is also great.

>The only thing that album has going for it is the cool album art and the decent opening track
That's just wrong