Fact: 99.9% of black box flight recorders survive plane crashes in tact

>Fact: 99.9% of black box flight recorders survive plane crashes in tact
>Fact: 0% of planes survive plane crashes in tact

Conclusion: If they built planes out of the same material as flight recorders, almost everybody would survive plane crashes. The only reason they don't is because airliners are cheap and don't care about the safety of their passengers.

Stop

The plane would be too heavy to fly.

build better engines

Op is the reason why I love Sup Forums...great insight faggot

If you build a big enough engine it will fly.

Again, it comes down to airliners not giving a fuck about what happens to you. Face facts.

hello ryanair

you faggot shut the fuck up

clearly the government and lockheed martin are in on this conspiracy. they don't want the sheeple to figure it out.

Well shit he's got us there

>absolutely no valid rebuttal whatsoever

Nice argument. How much stock do you have in American Airlines, you fucking shill?

Flight recorders are made of several different materials. Perhaps the steel would be good for an airframe and outer skin.

the rebuttal is you're wrong and there's a certain weight at which planes just can't fly anymore due to air pressure, no matter how fast they go or how big their engines are

also just because the plane stays intact doesn't mean anyone survives the crash you mongoloid

>too heavy to fly
>nobody dies

Everything went better than expected

I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. The government obviously sets the regulations and they could just as easily require airlines to build what would obviously be safer aircraft but they don't. I guarantee airline companies are lobbyists playing both sides of the house.

>the rebuttal is you're wrong

Thanks for clearing that up you massive tool.

>there's a certain weight at which planes just can't fly anymore due to air pressure, no matter how fast they go or how big their engines are

They literally put people on the moon in a gigantic heavy ass chunk of steel that didn't even have fucking wings, you stupid faggot.

>also just because the plane stays intact doesn't mean anyone survives the crash you mongoloid

"almost everybody would survive plane crashes" were my exact words, you fucking retard. ALMOST everybody. Obviously I know some people would still die.

Holy shit you're fucking dumb.

@711379374
>haha look at me im pretending to be dumb ! : D

you're not getting this (You) from me

>playing the "you must be trolling" card because you can't think of an argument and don't want to admit you're wrong

Lowest of the low. I'm embarrassed I wasted time responding to you.

planes can't exceed a certain weight otherwise they can't fly it's a scientific fact (rockets are propelled by combustion you spastic)
also having a sturdier plane means a greater shock means MORE people die in a crash

your idea is idiotic but thanks for the (You)

Yep, they could also manufacture cars that could survive 99.9% of crashes fully intact, but the occupants would end up in multitudinous gibs due to laws of physics.

Just out of curiosity, what was the main reason these weren't cost effective?

I watched a documentary about it but they didn't exactly say what it was. Price of the plane? Price of fuel? Price of seat? What exactly was it?

No it was the fact that they could only cross the Atlantic or a large ocean/sea because the planes sonic boom meant you couldn't fly it over residential or industrial areas without causing major window damage or other damages. The fuel prices and crashes were the last nails in the concords coffin

>forgot pic
Fixed

Nothing worse that technological marvels being shut down

Jet fuel cannot melt steel beams

>the planes sonic boom meant you couldn't fly it over residential or industrial areas without causing major window damage or other damages

Even when your thousands of feet in the air?

Yeah to achieve effective sonic speed to engine efficiency, which was already pretty bad, the concord had to cruise at an altitude that was approximately half that of other commercial airlines. In fact before the concord could reach 100 km of the shore the concord had to slow down to sub sonic

So basically they spent millions of dollars on a plane that was useless.....thats a damn shame....i was kinda hoping we would have super sonic jets by now in mass production. Guess we are still a long way off.

The black box is a small object, so it can be carried in a plane. A black box the size of a plane would be many times heavier than a plane. Also, even if the plane were indestructible, the people on board would not survive a crash. The reason cars are built to crumple is so that they can absorb some of the impact. Older cars that were built to be stronger and survive impacts caused more fatalities because the kinetic energy of a crash would directly affect the occupants. Airplanes can not be designed to effectively negate an impact due to their nature. The only effective safety measures they currently have are the educated people that keep the plane working properly and flying correctly. They don't fuck up, and nobody dies. They fuck up, everybody dies.

Sorry I meant twice as high as other airlines but the sonic boom was still audible on the ground and was concerning to environmentalists as it was feared it could effect bird migration and the high altitude meant it could deplete the ozone more rapidly by flying at that altitude.

One time Obama was visiting Seattle and some dumb fuck breached the air space. 2 FA18 Hornets were scrambled. They went supersonic and the sonic boom was heard throughout the state.

Yeah if there was a way to eliminate the rapid compression of air that causes a sonic boom then it may be feasible but for now the government and airlines are content with subsonic aircraft

Wait, I just looked up the story. It was F-15s. I just assumed they were F18s because I see them flying around here constantly.