MTG thread, go

MTG thread, go.
>best card/combo edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-g-r-energy-29498#paper
youtube.com/watch?v=l_wUi57fewY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im building a budget white/black death and taxes deck in kaladesh. Any advice? I think I can center it around Kambal.

nice

all the other kids with their pumped up kicks

I suppose this is a combo

I read an article about how to deal 2↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑30 damage.

Look up Knuth's notation to get an idea of how insane this number is.

>>not dealing infinite damage

wrath of god, wrecking ball.

my first thought, i did that with all in podless on t3 last night

I believe the point of the combo was to deal the maximum amount of non-infinite damage possible with a 60 card deck.

Surprisingly hard to not tend towards infinity or be something small like a few billion damage.

I can't explain it well enough here, but search for doubling season and Knuth's notation, should find the article.

deflecting palm then

Stony Silence + Ghostly Prison + Mycosynth Lattice = now nobody can play magic anymore.

i would recommend Allys with panharmonicon that way you could trigger allys like hell or use panharmonicon with a flyer of the hatebound and Flameshadow conjouring

That would only deflect 1 of the 2↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑30 targets.

Actually panharmonicon was made after the article I read, so inserting that card would make 2↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑30 look small.

This asshole. I heard you like combos

"involuntary suicide"

buckle up buckaroo

This used to be popular. Think it won a pro tour and was banned in Legacy until recently.

yeah i totally love that card i use it in 2 of my decks and when i use it it instantly draws the hate of the whole table

i don't think you realize how that card works

Paradise mantle
Gilder bairn
Training Grounds

Who needs to be competitive when you can have frog suits instead?

please let me just have my combo
i try to drink away my sorrows

anyone play EDH here?

how does this work?
i mean wouldn´t the abillity from animate dead kick the dragon once it enters the battlefield and exiles animate dead?

This and a bunch of Fork effects.

Wut

sorry but its a may ability, just go for flickerwisp and emmy

sometimes

batterskull + lodestone golem, good times

1. Get Worldgorger Dragon into your graveyard (Entomb, Faithless looting, etc.)
2. Cast Animate Dead and target Worldgorger Dragon as it enters play
3. Worldgorger Dragon enters play, enchanting by the Animate dead
4. As soon as Worldgorger Dragon enters play, all other permanents, including the Animate dDead, leave play.
5. When the Animate Dead leaves play, Worldgorger Dragon is returned to the graveyard, leaving play
6. This returns Animate dead to play, as well as all of your other permanents (now untapped so you cab add mana and use abilities)
7. Now Animate Dead targets Worldgorger Dragon and we start over again
8. Do this many times
9. At some point the cycle must stop so you need a spell like surgical extraction to remove the Worldgorger Dragon and end the process
10. Fireball for 1 million

Mindslaver locks are always funny.

>all other permanents

Soooo for an 8/8 flying you lose all your lands creatures artifacts and enchantments..........

ITT: autistic 12 year olds

nice thanks

>playing a highly strategical cardgame
>for autistic 12 year olds

heh, go fap to your boyfriend

Hey guys. I know literally nothing about MTG but I want to start playing. I'm a filthy yu-gi-oh player, but the YGO scene in my town is really weak, so I was thinking of switching over to MTG. Do you guys have any beginner decks for me to check out, or some really insightful guide?

buy two of those premade duels decks and play with a friend, general rule tends to come with the package too

Ah yiiizzz... There is no way this kind of card would flip the shit out? It's not like it would be MtG-ception with a game within a game within a game within a game, right? Right?!

Probably standard/sealed/booster drafts.

Some stores just give away bulk commons to new/young players.

Focus on learning the basic rules and mechanics before committing to buying more expensive singles.

what said
also try to find some experienced players who can help you and don´t Start with the Shadow over innistrad or Elritch moon cards cause they are using Madness and Delirium which can lead to some rather dissapointing situations try using Kaladesh as its easier to play for the start at least in my opinion

start with a 60 cheatyface deck

Since he's already in play, the leveler's ability never triggers.

Print this shit out and have it with you if you're new, it helps alot

There is a reason it is the only card banned in Vintage that is not ante/dexterity

get into commander

build this

>spending 9 mana for a 10/10
>have to find/put leveler on top of your library
Yawn

Take it to /tg/ newfag

mtggoldfish.com/
theres a good resource for deck buliding and stuff including budget version that can win local tournaments
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-g-r-energy-29498#paper

i think this is the best budget one

Might be good to start of with either
1) "Kitchen table magic" aka kinda low-tier decks where you and your friends play, and you get a feel for the decks and the rules. Just play around a bit, try new stuff and weak-sauce themed decks rather than going for decks made to dominate.
2) Standardformat. If you jump into modern or legacy there will be a MILLION (or thousands atleast) of cards that are available, and many very expensive. Google for stuff like "budget standard deck" or similiar. Look for a deck or two that looks neat to play and play those extensivly. Learn the way that decks acts and the way you need to play against other decks (red aggro or blue control is totaly different to face).
Most towns imho have a pretty good MTG-scene, and standard games on fridays is a thing. Just say that you are a noob and any decent fellow will guide you.

Ohyeah, if you are only trying out a deck and playing against a friend,AND you ask nicely, you CAN print the deck and sleeve the printouts, but it is HEAVILY frowned upon to do so outside of a friendly circle.

Oh! oh! And altough it is superduper fun to crack open packs of cards, it is WAY cheaper and more reliable to just go to a dedicated online store (ebaystores are great) and get the cards you need.

When you git gud, you can also try out draft and sealed formats. Superfun, esp when new cards come out, but you need to know the rules by heart first.

Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood

10/10 with double strike.
Turn 4 at the fastest.

Turn 1, Index, stack top 5.
Turn 2, Izzet Signet, or other mana rock.
Turn 3, Rageform.
Turn 4, Flip Leveler, attack for 20.

I'm not digging up the pics but Panatropic Mirror and Time Warp for infinite turns starting in the 7th round.

used to love to do this to people

i'd rather have a myr emperion off the madcap

i need combos

You don't madcap into the Stuffy. Stuffy is the only artifact you run, you stick Pariah on it and madcap opponent to death

And if you draw into leveler?
It too high risk for an unguaranteed reward

gemstone cavern, elvish spirit guide, flash, protein hulk, carrion feeder, ornithopter, phyrexian walker, shield sphere, desciple of the vault. I win on turn 0

play it with the egg and zedruu

youtube.com/watch?v=l_wUi57fewY

thats pretty cute

Here's another for ya

so that is why it is banned in legacy

Put it on top, then manifest it.

Why not just stuffy doll and guilty conscience?

Paradise Mantle
Training Grounds
Patrol Signalar

Comes online turn 3, add time sieve for best effect. What can I say, it's the fastest one I know.

Quillspike and devoted druid

sliver queen (2 mana no tap make a 1/1 sliver)
heart sliver (slivers have haste)
gemhide sliver (slivers can tap for mana)
heartstone (sliverqueen cost 1 mana)
tap sliver, make token, tap token, make token, tap token, make token... repeat as many times as you like.
sliver legion (slivers gain X/X where X is the number of slivers you control)
GG

That's a lot of work for something so meh.
Like it's cool you can do it, but there is no flavor in the combo. It's just "look what I made mommy! Can I put it on the fridge?." and not all that interesting,

I'd rather see Leveler and laboratory maniac over this

That ain't even right

paradise mantle
training grounds
gilder bairn...

double counters on ANYTHING FUN (planeswalkers XD)
also I meant training grounds not heartstone

> not knowing how to play
The goblin sharpshooter deals one damage to target creature, which thanks to deathtouch, is enough to kill that creature, which then untaps the goblin sharpshooter so it can keep killing ever l until all the creatures you want dead are dead

Uh, its the new guy here, can anyone second this guys post or whatever so I know he's not trolling me or smth

Player of 2 years here
Seems like a pretty good standard deck. Seems really cheap as well. If you want to get into magic, this is definitively the way to do it.

my mistake, it's not standard legal, so that'd make it a casual deck