This film's success should seriously scare the hell out of you...

This film's success should seriously scare the hell out of you. Gone are the days of cinematic capeshit like The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2.

Films nowadays are products that hold no gravitas and are simply made as a two hour trailer for the next installment in a “cinematic" universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>marvelfags will defend this

Just watched dark knight again with a friend recently.
It's the same shit. Much more entertaining, but it isn't some lost gem.

Its just a movie senpai
Stop taking this shit so seriously

Why are you even on this board? Go back to facebook

Marvelshit is cancer

You cucks had a chance to make a statement with BvS and make it reach $2 Billion but you FUCKED IT UP

FUCK OFF

Nah Facebook is boring its more fun to fuck with you

ayyyyy lmao

nationalreview.com/article/435036/captain-america-superheroes-dumbed-down

Boo fucking hoo. Civil War was a good capeshit movie. But of course you feel threatened that it's "too popular" because you're a paranoid faggot that blames every film's failure on Marvel and Disney. And now companies like Sony and Hasbro are trying cinematic universes? Newsflash; companies trying to cash in on this cinematic universe trend were probably not going to make worthwhile movies regardless.

Quit blaming Disney/Marvel for us not getting movies like Dark Knight or Spider-man 2. Blame Warner Bros and Sony for being too incompetent to make anything better than ASM2 and BvS.

>The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2.
Those movies sucked

Kek, that looks so dopey.

Here is your reply.

>Quit blaming Disney/Marvel for us not getting movies like Dark Knight or Spider-man 2. Blame Warner Bros and Sony for being too incompetent to make anything better than ASM2 and BvS.

But Marvel is directly responsible for both of those films essentially. It's the Marvel effect. Everyone wants a cinematic universe when they should be trying to tell contained epic stories in one film.

JUST

>Newsflash; companies trying to cash in on this cinematic universe trend were probably not going to make worthwhile movies regardless.
Newsflash: Marvel started this cinematic universe thing to cash in, not to make worthwhile movies. If you actually believe Marvel is making good films and that they care about the characters more than money, then you are contributing to society moving towards pic related.

>This film's success should seriously scare the hell out of you

i'm more scared of not having enough money to survive. of getting murdered. of getting seriously injured. of losing loved ones. of the world going to hell.

get a life and some responsibilities you fucking NEET.

Don't really care, still enjoyable. If someone wants to make a new Spider-Man 2, there's nothing stopping them from making one

Marvel never told them to make do that. Not their problem

For some of us movies are our life. Stop masquerading as a normie you fucking scared Marvel shill.

Then why do you place so much importance on shitty movies? Is your life really that bad?

All Nolan Bat movies sucked ass, they took themselves too seriously and looked ridiculous because of it.

Yes his life really is that bad

Civil War represents the conflict between tradition and technology. Iron man, representing technology, wants to advance society (the Avengers) by creating rules and turning it into a machine, where everything is processed under the government's watch (the NSA). Captain America represents tradition. He wants everything to be done in a free and individual way, with no control. He represents the internet of the past, free from laws and copyright. Iron Man represents the government's view for the future of the internet, wanting it to be law-abiding and under the watch of the government. Both of these sides are extreme and the film is about how it is impossible to find middle ground, only one of two extremes.

Yeah, but the conflict is never resolved. Unless you count the love letter Cap sent Tony at the end a resolution.

>cinematic capeshit like The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2.

I'm getting bored of this meme

>Marvel started this cinematic universe thing to cash in
That can be applied to every movie company having a succesful idea.

>Spider-Man 2

Civil War had a better version of Spider-Man and wasn't full of Sam Raimi's hackwork.

And it's still not resolved here in real life.

My point is not that it's not successful. I'm saying that success does not equal quality. Marvel has developed a very good business plan. Unfortunately, their films will not stand the test of time because there is nothing worthwhile about them.

I think we can all agree that Bucky was a plot device, not a character in this

Defend from what, a bunch of irrelevant neckbeards?

>scared
But you yourself said that CW was a massive success and that people should be scared of that.

>Yeah, but the conflict is never resolved
Exactly, it's not, and the Russos said that the effects of the Accords still being approved would affect Earth-based Phase 3 movies.

>Unfortunately, their films will not stand the test of time because there is nothing worthwhile about them.
Welcome to blockbusters.
There's nothing worthwile in any of them.

>Iron Man 3 introduced crazy holographic CSI technology that enabled Tony to identify some dogtags
>Winter Soldier introduced face-changing technology that enabled Black Widow to infiltrate Pierce's office
>Civil War: Zemo uses a shitty mask and Tony can't figure out it wasn't Bucky
Cinematic Universe, guys!

What I find strange is that people shit on Marvel movies for being soulless and only made for money when that's what all superhero movies ever made are about.
There's no such thing as a superhero blockbuster with ''soul''.

Probably because they began pursuing Bucky right after the attack.

>their films will not stand the test of time
Yet nine years later Iron Man is still in capeshit list and most people agree in that it was a good movie.

You're a bit late. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, ID4, and The Matrix have already happened. Summer blockbusters have been degrading cinema for decades. This is not a capstone moment, just another pebble in the gravel road leading to film's death.

Blockbusters have always been a thing.
You forgot the 30 years of constant generic and boring cowboy movies, where only 1 out of 100 was good?

M Night Shyamalan needs to have an epiphany, return to his earlier days and make "Unbreakable 2".

>M Night Shyamalan directs BvS
>Superman was Batman all along

Id pay for it.

>Not a Sentry movie

Eh you're right to a degree. I'm arbitrating a line like OP is. There's always been shit, my issue is with the boundary for what is considered shit constantly being pushed I guess. In the era of the spaghetti western blockbuster, the quality pictures were still using proper conventions and paid their dues to character driven narratives. So the shit that aped them was at least aping something of substance. Now what passes for quality is as shallow as yesterday's trash.

They had success with Avengers and they'll repeat that formula 'till everyone gets tired of it. Maybe memes and the South Park game can give normies the steam necessary to give Marvel the middle finger. Otherwise, expect at least 7 more years of this type of capeshit.

What a hilarious fucking post
you entry level plebs are adorable

you messed with the actual playback, to make it look more loopy.

>gravitas

ah you're that asshurt loser that loves DC that always says gravitas. stop being so mad

Dude, Marvel along with Star Wars will be succesful as long as this
>lol i'm such a nerd xD
trend goes on.

Even then, Marvel movies are now pretty much the same as animated movies, parents go watch them because they are midly entertaining and they know they are ''safe'' for kids.
That's the superhero audience.
Of course, you also have the people who just want to watch the characters they read about on the big screen, but that's a much smaller part.

For me as far as blockbusters go Marvel is one of the only ones doing them right. They're blockbusters and in that regard they do exactly what they're supposed to do. Aside from Fury Road I can't really think of a big summer blockbuster from the past few years that I've really enjoyed

Is this the obligatory "they're meant to be shit" post?

seems to be

Fair enough. It's near hypocritical to say now after what I've already said here, but I do enjoy blockbusters for what they are. I just hate looking at them critically after I've enjoyed myself because I invariably get stuck on all the things obviously wrong with them. Sometimes I just wish we could have more. And I don't mean the Snyderfag definition of """""more""""" being a paper thin layer of half understood metaphor masquerading as depth either. Spaghetti westerns are a great example really. I've seen middling stuff like Shane but I would argue that For a Few Dollars More was a pretty damn good movie. I just miss movies paying attention to internal logic and characters more.

Sad.

It's the ultimate money making-machine.

People love the same garbage they got before, and that's exactly what Disney is dishing out to them.

Normalfag moviegoers are basically farms animals now.

I think what he's saying is that blockbusters never tried to be good.
Don't know why people here are calling out Marvel specifically for that.

I can't remember the last superhero movie I saw that I would deem "cinematic".

What is this formula everyone's talking about?

I laugh everytime someone makes a cinemagrid and they don't put a single decent shot.

Quips.

I'm placing importance on the popularity of shit movies.

If it was that easy you'd think someone would have copied Marvel succesfully already.

The thing is that, like or not, normies like the characters from the MCU.
For example, people liking Tony Stark is what spawned the MCU.
Not to mention that some people were kids when Iron Man came out, they grew up with these characters.

That's why no one has managed to copy what Marvel did, and why people didn't like BvS, everyone's an unlikeable dickhead in that movie.

You consider them shit because they are not what you go to the movies for. Hell you probably don't go to the movies at all. For the stories they are telling, simple as they may be, they have a winning formula. These movies are not made for you the are made for the masses.

Shit movies have been popular for decades.
Yesterday was western and coybows, today is superhero movies, tomorrow it'll be another different thing.

Basicly yeah. Normies like to think there nerds because they watch starwars and marvel movies. Its bad.

Could be worse thought
They could be plebs that actually like the trash its based on

>Calls me out for being unimpressive
>posts another boring and unimpressive cinegrid
Lol whatever.
The MCU needs to be good again.

>Some people were kids when ironman came out

Fuck i feel old.

The Disney shilling is real.

I consider them shit because they are dull, uninteresting movies.

As a compelling story they fail, as an entertaining action film they fail.

The only "real" thing here is your paranoia
Nobody is going to pay an astroturfing/guerrilla marketing company to convince the three hundred bitter nerds that relentlessly post here that make up 0,000000002% of the human population, when they could convince thousands with a billboard instead.

>again

It was never good. I remember watching Iron Man in the theater and thinking "well that was pretty decent. Fun, at the very least". I literally forgot the movie a week later.

It never crossed my mind that it'd span a 10+ movie franchise.

Well if it mean not having pure shit like Dark Knight Rises and Spiderman 3 made then Im all for it

Plus:
>high stakes/low risk
>everyone's chummy
>all interpersonal conflicts end up in dangerous/deathless battles
>fights happen in urban landscapes because they're sexy
>everything is interrelated

Thor 1 was easily as bad as those movies

Capeshit killed the action movie genre

Gone are the days where one man would perform impressive feats against all odds with his personal life at stake.

Now it's one or more super powered men performing several feats in order to save the entire universe.

How can IM1 still have better looking cgi

>Sup Forums will defend this

Jesus Christ I forgot about this

>fights happen in urban landscapes because they're sexy
Ant-Man?

>It was never good.
According to one guy.

To be honest Marvel was better off with Paramount than Disney.

>Comparing cherry picked high quality screenshots to two taken from a barely watchable cam rip

You should probably examine why your life is so shitty and empty.

Westerns were rarely bad.

it's not trash, senpai

Is this all you got? Kek.
The final fight between TFA was deeper than this. Two supermen having a fight that ends with one of them getting the power of the gods and unlimited knowledge, while the other one decides to stay down to earth.
What does CW has?

This whole fucking thread

Why the hell did they decided to go with that fully-uncovered Downey head? It makes the CGI so goddamn obvious

they should have kept the visor look from earlier movies

This whole site tbqh

Literally our guy.

Movies are doing the same thing tv and comics do. Whatso wrong with that? Contained stories will still exist either way. Most will be shit either way.

Don't be an oldfag before it's your time, user. Don't be scared of new things. New formats, new avenues of content. These are good things which only increase the variety of content in the long run. Would you rather see, gee I dunno, a Ghostbusters reboot?