I'm a jeweler

I'm a jeweler.

Been with the same company for 7 years, been in the business for 10 (started at 17 in the diamond district)

Anything you want to know?

I'm bored, Just finished smoking a joint after getting off work

How much does a diamond really cost?

Depends on the 4 C's of diamond grading.

>Fun fact

I made a lot of Shy Carter's jewelry

No really.

Why do you perpetuate a business that's main goal is exploring people who like shiny things?

You don't sell diamonds right? At that point you go from jeweler to jew.

Around the same size you got in the picture, but flawless white.

That's not how exploiting is spelt

I'm not a salesman, I'm a jeweler

I heard Jim Jones was able to obtain cyanide because he had a jewelers license. What does cyanide have to do with being a jeweler?

ok?

This is an SI1, H color.

I was setting it in a plat solitaire with invisible set IF VVS1's around it

Which has more value a diamond, a ruby, or an emerald?

What do you think about mexicans impregnating american girls by millions everyday.

>Which has more value a diamond, a ruby, or an emerald?

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

stick diamond in anus, take pic... no one's ever done it!

I use sodium cyanide at work yea.

For electroplating (Rhodium or gold plate), and I also use it for cyanide "flashing" which is a method of etching metal so I don't have to polish it. It's like mass polishing instead of doing it by hand with a flex shaft and polishing lathe

An no, You will not be able to buy it from us or any other jeweler or jewelry supply company. After 9/11 we ALL had to get a license to purchase it

But I have had people come in and try to buy it many times, Answers always the same. No

So in English that would be?

Hey I want in, Diamonds aren't even rare
That's the scam of diamonds
really cheap labour mostly profit
How do I get in

i work in a foundry doing bronze casting. have a few jeweler friends. your markup is insane. feels good to work with your hands

What is the best ring settimg for an emerald cut / square diamond ~1.3ct. My wife has had 3 different settings and keeps catching the claws and opening it up. Im scared shitless that 10k is going to fall in the gutter.

So they made them look that they rare

where can people buy jewelry thats actually not a total rip off and overpriced? even if its just stones, but i mean mostly bracelets etc

Depends on cut and clarity. Emeralds are actually rare, Diamonds are not. De Beers controls the worlds diamond market, Think of it as a cartel.

They don't flood the market with them because that would make them valueless (as they are), they only allow certain grade stones though and the rest are turned into drill bits and shit

bezel set.

Stuller or Quality gold

Yeah make people think they are rare
To make them have value

African child labour camps

Sounds reasonable, thanks user :)

i couldnt ever be in the jewellery business, its like advertising. its basically enabling scum and saying "its just muh job"

What are you going to do when they finish perfecting man made diamonds and flood the market with 100 the volume in a few years?

So you make jewlery but dont make money from it?
What's your actual job?

Sure no problem

I don't sell anything. I am a jeweler. Not a salesman

I fix peoples already poor decisions, Stupid people exist...That's life.

My conscious is clear

If i want to get my wife a nice diamond tennis bracelet how much should i expect to pay for one that LOOKS nice and isnt all yellow and cloudy stones but isnt like 40 K - and where could i get it

When you give chicks diamonds you get to explore them.

They have already done that. It's called a moissanite.

And we have a tester for that, no worries

>bezel set

Yeah. Just seems a shame to only expose 90% of the top face and hide the rest. But she is such a clumsy twit that maybe we have to.

Still boring as fuck like every other job on planet
Fuck this piece of shit planet and everyone in it

*Jew

So as a jeweler favorite stone and favorite part of your job?

How did you become a jeweler? Did it require any schooling? How much money do you make?

A couple thousand. Check out stuller or qgold.com

thats women....amrite? No seriously, get the bezel set and save the 10k of her losing the diamond

>I'm a jew-

stopped reading there

How many diamonds can a man shove into his anus before it becomes uncomfortable?

favorite is smokey topez. Don't ask me why, I don't even know

my dad was a jeweler, I was raised in the diamond district in NYC and got into it by polishing.

Yes I went to GIA for 4 years

I make 73K a year without overtime. Because of Christmas and other holidays, usually around 103ish
>comes with risks though

And then in addition to this user's questions, I want to know if you have ever pocketed a diamond from work? Surely it would be easy enough to do. Or you resize a ring for customers, and you keep the gold that you took out of the band. That must add up over time.

do prices of jewelry fluctuate depending on what time of year it is, if so what time of year would i be able to get something cheapest

Do you use a 3d printer to make castings, if so what kind?

WTF are you IWB carrying? A taser? FFS, get a fucking gun, jew.

but thats the problem. your enabling it, and saying its just your job. you know yourself, its worthless, and that its a scam and yet you create it
>all i do is make it. its just a job

No I've never stolen from my work. Not once

Yes, we keep the gold when we resize a ring but we melt it and sell it to refineries when it adds up or trade them for sizing stock. But customers know this and have an option of the metal being returned for 10 dollars to do their repair separately and to collect all the metal shavings too.

all painters are scam artists, all they do is sell paint that they smear onto a canvas to stupid people who like pretty things

A glock 20

Who carries a taser?

No one carries in a paddle holsters unless your 300lbs and lives in texas lol

What is the best material for an engagement ring? She doesnt wear yellow gold.

White gold then.

Silver tarnishes too quickly, and platinum is more expensive and harder to work with for jewelers so we charge more for platinum repairs

>the electroplating room

aka the most dangerous room in building

Stuller and quality gold require you to have a business. When I had my jewelry store, I could fabricate some of my own findings and make my own solder. Hard and easy. Stuller is robbing hard working small businessmen. Fucking ridiculous.

What are fire opals/dragons breath made our of? Is it just glass?

You people arguing over the actual value of the work of a jewler, a painter, or any other designer or artist are completely missing the point : Pretty things are enjoyable, people like enjoying things; and so, once they are fed and secure, wealthy people spend money on pretty things

what the fuck is so hard to understand? You would like to live a life where all you have is shelter, food and a shotgun?

I hate most of the shit they call art
all those dumb rich cunts paying for something that looks like a 10yr did

Mind explaining to a total newbie what you do with all that stuff?

He said where can HE. Not a business. Also on both those sites you can find an authorized dealer.

We do CAD/CAM too, It's cheaper

I think it's mostly silica

i agree. both are pretty shitty

I'd love to take a shit on every art piece in existence

> You would like to live a life where all you have is shelter, food and a shotgun?
Don't forget bitches

Platinum isn't more expensive. Check kitco. Platinum just takes more time at the polishing wheel. Found a quick and efficient way to solder platinum without solder. Using your rolling mill of course.