Turned 29 last month

> Turned 29 last month
> Never partied
> Don't drink
> Never took drugs
> no criminal record, perfect driving record
> Have 4 degrees (Business, Communications, Literature, Intelligence)
> 5th Degree black belt in Jujutsu - been training martial arts since I was 6 years old (Judo background) - competed Internationally
> studied, worked, improved myself non-stop since leaving school
> Ex-Army Soldier, ex-Navy Officer, ex-High School Teacher
> living with my parents
> no job - nobody wants to hire me (overqualified for entry level positions)

I got my health, but not much else. Even with a great work record, extensive education and excellent references I can't get a job.

I've been applying for everything, even put in an application at a service station. Nobody will hire me.

Where did I go wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfzCDoTff24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

checked

have you experienced anything fun? I say that as a fellow t-totaler but I've tried lots of things

Are you in the united States? If so move to another non globalist country most of the time companies are looking for a reason not to hire you so they can use those h1b visas for cheap labor, and I know it's sickening and unfair, but hopefully trump will solve the problem.

Probably your aura is so offsetting.

Reading your green text makes me want to vomit.
It does not sound like a cool guy.

If half of your shit is true- still cut it out. And start pretending to be an underdog. No one likes an as asshole like you.

Become a vigilante, OP

I don't have any emotions due to a side effect from seasickness medication I took in the Navy. I can't experience fun anymore, so I don't know.

I fight, which gets adrenalin pumping. I guess I enjoy the feeling of hitting people and avoiding getting hit.

I like to improve myself, perfecting memory techniques, observation, accumulating knowledge. Collecting so much information that you can anticipate what other people are going to do, then messing with them.

Urban exploration is interesting. Finding building sites or abandoned buildings and exploring.

Stalking people or animals. Like hunting without the kill. I think that is interesting.

Programming for a more logical exercise. Or hacking and cracking, breaking into buildings, disabling security systems, etc.

These activities interest me.

>most of the time companies are looking for a reason not to hire you so they can use those h1b visas for cheap labor
This only counts for low tier jobs like lawnmowers or farm work. Not for real jobs.

You sound like a psychopath. I wouldn't hire you. In fact I think I'd put you in jail just to be sure.

if all you need is a temporary retail job or something while you look for other stuff then leave most of your qualifications off your resume when you apply

I get told that a great deal. Arrogance, superiority complex, know-it-all are some of the attributes people have ascribed to me.

So you are telling me to create a more likable facade. A more relatable persona people can feel comfortable around?

/thread

Watch less anime. And. Please die.

Everything you say sounds like an asspie and totally detached from reality and society.

>overqualified for entry level positions

lolwut

Yes. Be more likable. You have to get a long with the other staff.

What are likeable traits and attributes?

Something that doesn't stand out, but makes everybody like you?

do u punch like dis

parties and doing drugs with other people is not enjoyable most of the time, you can live just fine without those memories

smoke some weed alone

>> Have 4 degrees (Business, Communications, Literature, Intelligence)
> has degree in Intelligence
> proves lack of intelligence by pursuing 4 worthless degrees

top kek man. Truth is: You are not overqualified. You spend the last 10 years sitting at university and hanging around with the droppers aka military fags.
You pretty much are the definition of "unemployable"

What can you actually do?

Can you design/make anything?

Fix/repair anything?

Do math?

Speak more than one language?

If so, you're a retard if you can't find a job.

If not, teach yourself something useful with the unlimited resources that the internet offers, and stop taking orders from the hierarchy like a mindless lemming in the hope that it will actually pay off someday.

>Business, Communications, Literature, Intelligence

guess he can....speak? About books and stuff? Idk man

This is straight up wrong, we're losing tons of jobs in the tech field to India.

Christ, you're able to psychologically profile this guy just based on his greentext? Are you a psychopath or something?

What did you take, I want some.

Ok, but did you spend any ffort on your network?

You know, the people you worked or studied with. Any of them employed? Where? Doing what? Are you on linkedin? Who can you ask for help?

Applications at a gas station? What are you-retarded? You might apply for the regional managers job and get some traction.

Where did you get those degrees? Don't they offer any placement assistance?

Dude- you might be ex-enlisted, but your true colors are showing.

And why are you out of the military already?

lying on Sup Forums was your biggest mistake. If you are really 5th degree black belt you can start teaching at the local university. Find a student interested and get them to start a club. Charge them 30 a month or something.

Serious response : united association of plumbers, Pipefitter's, and sprinkler fitters. There will be a local somewhere near you check out the website for apprentice. Don't worry once you join you will go to the top quick with all your qualifications

Serious question: Are you ugly and/or friendless?

I think people like OP assume you can rack up qualifications and then everything will automatically fall into place.

unfortunately that's not how the economy works.

yes, a skill like an in-demand foreign language, or being able to program, can help imo.

>I don't have any emotions due to a side effect from seasickness medication I took in the Navy. I can't experience fun anymore, so I don't know.
Try drugs.

Intelligence was the last one, majored in cyber-terrorism.

I've been doing odd jobs mostly. Made two apps, renovated a yacht, did some trenching (bore water), some teaching, had a few clients for which I did some cyber-security work.

I've got a wide variety of skills, can fix almost anything, highly developed mathematics skills and speak 7 languages.

It's called stemetil, its used for nausea but used to be used as an anti-psychotic. Loss of emotions is not a usual side-effect, but anti-psychotics do reduce dopamine levels (which is linked to emotions).

I've got a full linkedIn profile with examples of my work and references. I haven't kept up my network as well as I should have, but I do have many acquaintances which may be able to set me up (good advice thanks).

They are good degrees at an internationally recognised university, but I've been out too long to get placements.

I started out as a soldier then moved to the Navy as an Officer. Realised I had chronic seasickness, then decided to go back to the army. Army wouldn't take me back as an Officer, so I didn't enlist again.

I run my own dojo, but people aren't interested in real martial arts. All they want is McDojo bullshit and coloured belts. I have students, but they are all ex-military/ex-law enforcement. Not nearly enough to pay the bills etc.

Then join the Army. It looks like it's going to be almost perfect place for you.
It you could try some mercenary company.

Try shrooms sometime, they'll help you tap into happy

Also do thisCreate a likeable persona, name it, give it hobbys and interests and try to have fun with it. Assuming you have no friends and live alone, noone you haven't met yet will ever know.

As someone similar to OP, the Army would flush him out quickly. They don't like psychopaths who don't have a problem killing. It's pretty paradoxical, I know.

Mercenary companies are kind of over with in the U.S. They usually only want former SF guys anyway.

I chose bail recovery agent.

Gotta say, if you weren't dishonorably discharged going back to navy officer might not be a bad option. Look at something comp sci, maybe.

Do you know Russian? If yes, i could help you.

1. Rework your resume to show only one degree, in the field for the job you're applying for. Eg. apply for a job in finance and only disclose your business degree.
2. Eliminate all the achievements like Jujutsu off your resume because they're A. irrelevant B. will probably just piss off the hiring manager.
3. Receive job, because your resume is sufficient and no longer intimidating

FSBpls

>Where did I go wrong Sup Forums?
never partied

seriously, im in the same boat. if i could do it all again i would make sure to party at least 50 times a year.

id go so far that going to parties is more important than studies. social skills is key in life

Do I need to move to Russia? Where is this 'help' based and is it legal.

Can't serve in the Australian Navy if you can't go to sea. I would go back in a heartbeat, but chronic seasickness sucks too much.

Thanks, I'll try this.

>Thanks, I'll try this.
Good luck, you should be able to pick up a grad program position without too much difficulty with your quals, you just have to get your resume past the HR filter

OP what did you do after army and why did you join the navy afterwards, lastly would you recommend joining and what as?

>1 degree = good
>2 degrees = pretty cool
>3 or more = suspicious, seems like this guy don't stick with anything... his one of those types that can only study and not actually do the work, better not hire him

>his one of those types
*he's

its not like if user where a psychopath , its just the thinks that OP told dont show any kind of happines , his life was perfect and he hadn't failed , and now he just dont understand why is he failing

Fake experience and life events and go find some jobs outside your town, you lucky piece of shit. Try even going out of the country, and finding job elsewhere. With your resume you could end up in politics or manager of some billions dollar shit.

And stop coming to Sup Forums you can only find yourself a life now, stop wasting time, you're 29 it's already suspicious af to employers get a fucking life and try your best to get your job, go to a business every fucking day to get the secretary to let you in with the chief. Do some funny courageous shit and master your life instead of bowing to everyone

>> Never partied
So what?

>> Don't drink
So what?

>> Never took drugs
So what?

>> no criminal record, perfect driving record
Ignore the edgy contrarian mainstream media. That is a good thing.

I agree with this, but I hate parties. I've been going to start-up events and business networking events, I don't mind those too much.

Social skills are critical to success.

Went to Japan between Army and Navy to teach English. Had a blast.

Don't join the Army unless you want to be a career soldier. Skills, knowledge and experience are not applicable in the civvy world, unless you went in as a trade or logistics guy.

Navy is an excellent life. If you can get in as an officer, do it; be prepared for long hours and getting overworked though. Logistics Officer have great options after leaving the Navy and are in high demand. Things like diving medicine or explosives (clearance diver) will net you 250k out in civvy street.

Otherwise get in as a trade. Plumber, electrician, weapon electrical, nuclear technician (if you are American or have Nuclear subs in your Navy of choice). Solid jobs with good outcomes after service.

Weapons electrical is easy as shit. You only work when things break. Get on a newer vessel and you will be playing xbox all day in an air-conditioned cabin.

Navy is a lot of fun. Air Force can be too. Army, not so much.

Nobody wants to hire somebody that they think will upstage them. Tone down your credentials for the next interview. Make yourself seem competent and easy to get along with and nothing more.

Thanks for that.

Calm down, you look like a try hard. Smh, you'll never be cool

It really is who you know.

Why the fuck would you stop being a navy officer? They're the most laid back shits I've met.

Welcome to the future.

50+ people think they worked harder, but it's because jobs were given to them.

"over-qualified"
If youre worried youre going to be over qualified why dont you just tone your resumes down?

Retarded i know, but hey, at least youll have the job you want

youtube.com/watch?v=BfzCDoTff24
That's YOU, that is.

why did you go from Army soldier to Navy officer?

>no ideas
>no direction
You've been on the rails your whole life.
5th degree black belt? You could go anywhere and open a school. 4 degrees? Sounds like you could start any number of businesses.
Degrees are no use if you're a slave and the slave jobs have all dried up.
It's time to grow up.

Nah, it happens.
Employers wonder why someone with a decent CV, plenty of experience and good qualifications would WANT to become a minimum-wage drone. And then they get nervous that it might be a reality-tv show or senior management plant, and decide to hire one of the dozens of borderline morons instead..

Hey OP youre cute if you showed us a pic maybr we could get to know you a little better? =]

>All they want is McDojo bullshit and coloured belts.
This is autism.
Give them what they want and charge double.
"Real martial arts" fuck you, when you're hungry you'll get that money.
Ip Man's students, the guys older than Bruce Lee, used to get together and fight on a friday night. Nobody died or went to hospital much because the instructors were all just out of war time and some were opium addicts.
Teach em enough to keep em paying and never enough to get you into court or casualty wards. They'll learn grit from the exercise and not get into trouble or flip out and kill their neighbors.
Seriously, you need to be hungrier, it'd sharpen your thinking.

That's not why use H1B visas. I've been forced to hire foreign nationals several times because I couldn't find a qualified American. Our foreign employees make as much as their American colleagues.
H1B visas are not for migrants and lawn mowers.

You probably interview poorly, have a shitty long resume, or are an arrogant shit.
I've seen some awesomely qualified candidates that fall into one of the three categories above - each is disqualifier.

probably should have worked on those people skills user. you could probably get a shit job to start though but I'm sure you think you are above that type of thing.

Quite an enormous list of lies. Do you have all these saved on a Notepad or something, OP?

You're clearly not a dumbass. Introverted and autistic maybe, but not a dumbass.

I'm going to give you credit and assume that you're self aware enough to be able to analyze what aspects of your personality set you apart from other people.
Given you mentioned not drinking, partying and fucking up as your opening lines I'm going to guess you're already self aware or at least on some level wish you had at least experienced those things; and given how society is now where even losers regularly drink and get high even with other losers, not being openly social says a great deal.

You don't need to be like other people, but learn how to act like other people. Use your intel degree to profile normies and learn how to front as a normie, not an overqualified ex-military robot. Ive worked in a variety of fields, professional to customer service and i've seen bullshitting and talking get hired over experience time and time again.
End of the day humans are social animals and will put a lot of emphasis on someone they like rather than just someone who ticks the boxes.

Join a private military like Blackwater or be a merc in Africa