>I.E. extremely popular while remaining original
Really not the appeal of The Beatles but OK

Radiohead

>tame impala
>original

sounding like the beatles =/= modern day beatles
god i hate tame impala and their fans

>sounding like the beatles =/= modern day beatles
actually, it does. the beatles were just taking things from everyone else at the time anways, like the who or the kinks, while barely contributing anything themselves. all of the tracks where they supposedly "invented" things are all novelty

low effort bait

nice quads, but you know nothing about music kys

please enlighten me on the effect the who and the kinks have had on the beatles. i remember being underage and being edgy

>spoonfeed me

Probably Oasis in certain aspects, I think there are similarities in how people keep listening to their music and also the music itself.

lol

he Boot Too Big For He Gotdamn Feet

I fucking hate him for walking like that

I dunno but we've basically established that the strongest discography of the last 20 years is from of Montreal

maroon5

Wtf.

the beatles suck, dude. probably beyonce (who also sucks).

sorry, I didn't really mean that, I just had that thought one day at work when they came on and laughed really hard/got sad about it

Hate to say it but 21p is probably the closest
They do and get away with a lot

They heard "See My Friends" and knew they had to step shit up and approach psychedelia.

Arcade Fire.

Rae Sremmurd

Faust is the German Beatles

The Who inspired Paul to write Helter Skelter
As well as inspiring Tomorrow Never Knows

>Beatles fans thinking that they're the pinnacle of creativity.
>thinking they didn't get influenced by other acts
>forgetting that they had George Martin to get them exposed and well marketed

is that pic based on LISA?? fucking love that game.

But John Lennon was the first one to use feedback intentionally on a popular rock song, which inspired The Who to do Anywhere Anyhow and My Generation and thus I Can See for Miles which led Paul to write helter skelter( which is bullshit by the way, I Can See for Miles isn't even that hard of a jam compared to Sister Ray which came out a few months later)

Yes.

I actually heard that Helter Skelter was based on Paul's impressions of The Who before hearing them, as he found them to be lackluster in comparison to those expectations
And believe it or not, same for Tomorrow Never Knows

ok but tomorrow never knows is completely out of lennons head. The Who haven't made anything close to that electronic or artsy before 67... they also used the flanging effect on tomorrow never knows first before it was popular on the small faces ichygoo park