Been listening to this album a lot recently, what does Sup Forums think about Rust In Peace?

Been listening to this album a lot recently, what does Sup Forums think about Rust In Peace?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983

/thread

kek

>theonion.com/article/humanity-still-producing-new-art-though-megadeths--50983
tl;dr

It's pretty much saying, "Megadeth made the best piece of art ever, so artists releasing music now is just an insult to this."

>It's pretty much saying, "Megadeth made the best piece of art ever, so artists releasing music now is just an insult to this."
tl;dr

Megadeth > All \m/

lmao, Ik rite XDDDD

What do you perfer user?

nah man I enjoy Megadeth I'm just shitposting

What's your favorite album? I'm really torn between Peace or Rust

Same, but it always ends up being Rust

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sup Forums likes Rust in Peace quite a bit

pretty good dad metal tbqh

Unironically the all-time best metal album. Every heavy riff I've ever written is pretty much somehow inspired by this album

I recently listened to the remaster for the first time in a long time. It's really bad to the point that I don't know if I would have ever gotten into the album if I had been listening to that all my life. A lot of the parts are really fucked up. It's too bad it's the only version on spotify

So far So Good > Rust >>> Peace Sells > everything else

It's good

Lot of stolen Judas Priest licks on there, especially in Hangar 18.

that's incredibly wrong

kek

Both versions are on Spotify, aren't they?

dad metal is fucking GOAT

>tfw finding live after death in your dad's stack of dope ass CDs

Best thrash album ever made, one of the best metal albums in general ever made

Probably the best thrash album I've heard but then I very rarely listen to metal because it's tiring and boring to me for the most part.

>one of the best metal albums in general ever made

Practically the very best
It has everything, and keeps the melody

This is the most extreme metal can get without venturing into the realm of self-parody, pretentiousness, and cartoonish emotions.

I can deal with growling, but I prefer singing/yelling desu. And once you add growling, the instruments tend to follow suit and focus on "brutality" rather than songwriting and melody.

It sounds superlative, but this album is pretty close to the logical conclusion of rock music, while retaining what rock is. Cerebral, yet visceral, smart, yet full of attitude.

It's technical without being needlessly showy, it's melodic without being saccharine, it's aggressive without being overbearing. It's got punk influences, prog influences, jazz influences, blues influences, while not wearing those influences on it's sleeve.

To think Dave has such a grating voice and still made it work for him. And his lyrics are excellent, too. Some even a little prophetic, and the political ones are still relevant today.

It's really an incredible album, one of my favorites.

>Trying to make dad metal a thing

El em el

>his lyrics are excellent

It's a great album, bu settle the fuck down.

I can get behind this. So Far' So Good is actually one of my favorite albums.

>Computer banks to rule the world

>Don't look now to Israel
>It might be your homelands

>Your body has parts your country can spare

>Thermal count is rising
>In perpetual writhing
>The primordial ooze
>And the sanity they lose

Just because it's not poetry every single line doesn't mean the lyrics aren't excellent. There's no fat on any of them, and Dave still illustrated exactly what he wanted to, while still dropping a clever line here and there, or some nice imagery.

Excellent. Lyrics.

>Military Intelligence
>Two words combined, can't make sense.

I love this album, but even that's a little cringy.

>Computer banks to rule the world
>Instruments to sight the stars

honestly my favorite lines off the album

Definitely tongue-in-cheek

It's innately humorous, but the whole album is also saying why war is bad and what it can lead to and what is has lead to in some cases.

It's not saying that those in the military are "unintelligent" in the literal sense, it's saying that to be "military" is to be chasing insane and frankly stupid goals, ie killing other people for dominance.

It's making fun of them. Said with a wink. That's all.

Unironically correct, even though it's a joke.