DAMNIT

Garbage build, might as well buy a Wii U if you're not gonna try

Not Getting an I7 6700k
Not getting a GTX 1080

2/10

not gonna overclock it past what it already is
don't have billions of dollars in my bank account
explain, faggot

Yup, looks fine. Personally I'd spend a bit extra and get a nicer case, and start with a modular PSU (Which is missing from your build?)

Specs are here, got 10TB of HDD storage

You bought it in bestbuy built faggot

I have one suggestion. Get rid of that fucking segate Hard drive. They ALWAYS fuck out just after warranty. Western Digital is the best for HDD

whacked it to your specs

idk too much about gaming builds but that seems pretty good. I'll post my worst specs and my best specs: Dell proprietary motherboard. 1.25GB ddr2. Pentium 4 windows XP:Best: Dell latitude mb, Intel i5, 8gb ddr3. integrated graphics for all btw but I'm looking to build my own pc in the next couple of years.

1070 is poor people

while i did buy it from a shop, it wasn't best buy, and it was mostly from a list i made, only like 2 parts were replaced to similar ones, that way i dont have to spend 1400$ on a build straight away and get split it to a few payments. i wouldve ordered all the parts seperately and made it myself but i don't wanna risk ruin anything and it would take way too long.

the cpu comes with the case i got, no name but it is 500w 80+
also 10tb seems like alot?, i mean what do you even do with that much space, i mean 1 or 2 should be more than enough

They are both just baiting fucks, ignore them.

Also my basic specs:

Amd 8150 Fx Black Edition
32Gb Kingston Hyper X ram
Seagate 1Tb HDD
Xtreme Gear 750W Psu
Gtx 680
Asus Ma97 Mobo

It's about 6 years old, plan on building a new one next spring.

off by 1, you faggot

That's a pretty good build. 7/10
My build is:
Intel Core i6800k
2 MSI GTX 1080s
MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition
16GB DDR4

really?, thats worrying.. i already ordered the pc so i cant go back now, i will just backup my files casually and upgrade it when i can, thanks for the heads up fam
>>good luck user, in a couple of years the prices of modern specs will go down

Dont get me wrong you can get 2 years out of it. Maybe 3, I've just overall had better luck with WD had THREE Seagates die on me at or around the 2 year mark.

any of you faggots know why my pc doesn't get past splash screen with my 1070 in place? is my 1070 fucked?

nice, good luck user
i didnt even know there was an i6800
looks nice overall

yeah and the requirements of the games will go up

ill say it was an alright build, depending on how much it cost. kicks the shit out of mine.
case: thermaltake chaser mk 1
Power supply: corsair Silverstone 1200w gold
mboard: asrock z77 extreme 6
pro: I7 3770K 4.4ghz
gcard: gtx 690
Hard drive: intel 480gb ssd
Ram: 32gb 1600mhz ddr3
I had this build when I was a complete retard, could of had a way better build if I wasn't trash

might have been unlucky?, i wont risk it and will probably switch it up to wd eventually, i plan to do another upgrade in a year and a half or so

How much does your PSU pack?

overpriced piece of shit/10

1070? Perfect to bottleneck the i7, lol
Get at least a 1080 or go back to your xBox 360.

Could be. I've heard other stories about bad experiences with them. But everyone puts in planned failure now adays.

depends on the games you wanna play, i mean 970s will get alot cheaper in a few years and they can tank alot of games easily

You really need to wake up earlier to get the freshest b8 because stale shit like this isn't going to pull anyone in.

That's no b8, fag

power supply? 450W

If this isnt a troll, you probably need more power than that. Is it rapid booting?

Not getting 2 way SLI Titan XP

A persistent b8r you are.

>d when I was a co
why 32 bit?, i mean 16 bit is pretty much an overkill no?
500 watts
bottleneck?, never heard that term, the thing is i went to people who know their shit about this stuff, they would tell me if that list would cause problems, and even if it does, i got warranty

i second this. Whilst all HDDs die, seagate is particularly shit.

no, this isn't a troll. if i sound retarded its because i've never upgraded my pc. also, no idea what rapid booting is

muh pc

Mate your PSU is whimpy you're gonna need like 850-1k

>GTX 680

At least you can play Team Fortress 2.

And what are you even playing on your cuck rig? Minecraft? Lmao get a life you homo lmao, literally manchild

Are you op? Because I'm confused. By rapid booting i mean it gets to splash screen then turns off then tries to turn on again. Rinse and repeat.

How much was al that?

A bottleneck would be when your cpu is maxed while your gpu is only at half its full potential because the cpu just cant keep up with it.

Well that's one example anyway.

yeah it is, I didn't know a lot about pc specs when I got this a few years back. power supply is also overkill.

How much did that cost you?

The GTX 680 is still a monster graphics card. It can run a lot of modern games well.

I mean in all fairness it was a good card for 6 years ago. Money has been tight for the past 2 years and finally I've gotten a better job so I will be building something with a 1080 by next spring like I mentioned.

450w is pushing a 1070s base power limit

i7 6700k
gtx 980ti
asus maximus hero 8
corsair vengeance
4tb hdd
700gb ssd

i'm not op, i just opened this thread. it gets to the splash screen and then it stays there for like 5 minutes, then the screen goes black and nothing happens. when it gets to this point i just power off

That PSU is definitely weak for a 1070, however I don't know if that's your issue.

i doubt it man, i can always upgrade it if i run into problems, just out of curiousity, what would happen if i dont use enough watts?, will it cause any permenant damage?
i did buy it from a shop so i assume they took in some extra but it costed me 1538 dollars not including tax, with tax it was 1800$
so i should upgrade my cpu?, i mean if its fairly new i guess i can always replace it at the store i bought it from, or upgrade it atleast, thanks for alerting me to that user

Amazing PSU

I'm in agreement with this.
Although, Seagate hasn't been bad lately (that I've heard of) but, I'll never trust them.

If your psu doesnt give the correct amount of power to your parts it WILL take all the other components with it to brick town.

alright, thanks for the replies anyways. i'll probably end up buying a 500W

i see, i do have warranty, but i shouldn't rely on it too much, ill check up with some people i know and hear their opinions, thanks

Suppose your 500 was enough, it'd be BARELY enough, and if you have your PSU running full throttle 24/7 it will burn out quicker, which means it will be able to provide enough constant power to your parts like it could out of the box leading you to tears.

The guy is a fucking moron, the i7 will work absolutely fine with the 1070.

I mean fuck dude I have a 6 year old Am 8150 fx eight core and Ive been assured that I can even use a 1080 on it without bottleknecking issues.

You'll be fine user, happy gaming, your rig is mint .

Will not be able**

what

so, will a 550 or 600 will do?, i already ordered my pc so i cant change anything now, anything i shouldn't do while i fix this? is there anything i should watch out for?

I'd go higher than that mate.

I like Corsair PSU's. I had a shit PSU in my first build, I went with the 750w I have now. It's lasted for years. Through brownouts, system short-outs.
Don't go low on PSU.

I'd personally buy the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2

It's a good psu and should run the pc with no issues, fuck that 500w bs thats for kiddie pcs.

aight man, thanks

my honest opinion would be to go higher for psu and make sure its certified. buying a shitty psu can actually fry your rig. had a close call when i bought my gtx 970

hah

would two 1080s bottleneck an i7 4790? honest question im getting wicked fps drops in games i should be able to run no problem

Unfortunately I've only ever had a psu fuck out once. All it'd do is power off randomly and when I tried to turn it on it'd fight me. Like when I got to my desktop it'd power off again. Or if I ran something that'd cause my 970 to kick up the pace it'd power off etc. Depends if you have a water cooler, if so id go like 850 if not id go like 700-750

u r fagot

fite me in irl pheyggit

no u

thanks for the advice user

>Gigabyte Ga-970A mobo
>AMD FX-4350
>4Gb GDDR5 GPU R7 370 Graphics
>14Gb DDR3 RAM
>~500Gb HDD
>thermaltake case
>650W PSU
>Blue themed

>pic related mah case

Np, i just love building computers, built all my mates and my brothers mates. Built 4 computers for myself in 2 years.

i7-3770K
16GB G.Skill Sniper 2400MHz
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
4GB ASUS GTX770 DirectCUII
240GB Kingston HyperX Savage SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda
1TB Toshiba
EVGA Supernova NEX650G1 650watt PSU
case is a Thermaltake Core X5

custom EK/XSPC cooling loop

looks awesome

nice

CPU: i7-6400k 4.0GHz
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR5-2400
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
GPU: EVGA 1080 1.71GHZ
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT 27" 144Hz 2560x1440

Then get a better case.

>i mean what do you even do with that much space,
mainly video storage, tv shows, anime etc

CPU: i7 4790k OC to 4.7 GHz
Mobo: MSI Gaming 5
RAM: Corsair??? (dont remember what brand I got) 16 GB 2400 hz
Hard Drive: 2 SSD Samsung 850 EVO in Raid 0
GPU: GTX 970

two SSD 500 GB each

*DDR4 for the ram, mistyped.

- Motherboard - ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming
- CPU - Intel Core i7 6700k
- GPU - Asus Strix GeForce GTX1080
- RAM - 32GB DDR4 Savage 3000Mhz
- SSD - 250GB Samsung 850 PRO
- HDD - 1TB Seagate 7200
- Cooler - Fortis 3
- Case - Fractal R5 Black

I5 6600k
EVGA 1070 FTW
MSI Z170 Krait Gaming x3
16BG DDR4
250 Samsung Evo SSD
1TB WD HDD
Phanteks P400S
Cryorig H7 cpu cooler

Where is the M2 solid state drive?

Do you have all the slots on your GPU plugged in. There should be like 2 slots that go to the PSU.

That's overkill.

I have a 650 for my 1070 FTW you shouldnt need more.

didn't quite understand you there

alright, thanks for the advice mate