American here. Why do Europeans hate Colin Farrell so much?

American here. Why do Europeans hate Colin Farrell so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's not a very good actor

...and? do you think Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are good actors? everyone loves those guys.

I liked him in Phone Booth and In Fucking Bruges

I think his overacting is second only to Travolta's and Cage's

He's Irish and proud of it. Any other self-respecting actor from the UK would play themselves off as either british or scottish

Oh and Seven Psychopaths. All around I think he's good.

have you seen The Lobster? he really played that role well. I admired his willingness to play such a thankless part completely straight.

Im french and I really like this dude

could you not

I'm English and I think he's great. He's one of those guys that's a great character actor, but because he's so handsome Hollywood wanted to make him a leading man action hero type and that's not really his jam. He impressed in a minor role in Minority Report. He was the best thing in the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie. Both side characters where he could let loose. He's good in both Martin McDonagh comedies In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths. He's good in Le Malick's The New World. He's good in The Lobster. He needs to play weird characters, comic characters, or side characters. He can't do middle-of-the-road mass appeal charisma. If he had a face like Cillian Murphy people would focus on his talent more.

I already did

I do not

Macedonian here: Alexander, what the fuck was that?

But we don't

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw

I'm American and I hate him. I always thought it must be Europeans who like him.

Idk how any Americans can tolerate him when he plays an American character he can't do a convincing accent.

First off, he's from Dublin. That's not Northern Ireland, so it's not the UK. Second off, last I checked the world's greatest living actor was an Irishman.

>Second off, last I checked the world's greatest living actor was an Irishman.
uh, Pierce Brosnan?

He's endeared himself to our American overlords while we've collectively failed. It's jealousy on our part.

>mfw he has Jared Leto Joker's coat on

>last I checked the world's greatest living actor was an Irishman.

Fuck, uhhh Brendan Gleeson?

>Pierce Brosnan

Daniel Day-Lewis

he's fairly popular here in Greece

every woman I've met had him in her top 5

Yeah okay user

Brad pitt actually is a good actor. People just dislike him because he's pretty and gets typecasted because of his looks.

This is accurate, but I hate you for it

He's grown into a very good actor. At the start of his career, at least when he started out in Hollywood, he made some shitty choices and was just obnoxious. But recently he's been solid.

I think Colin Farrell is as good as Brad Pitt. Colin could have easily played Mickey in Snatch, or Tyler in Fight Club, or Mills in Se7en. He was just too young at the time.

i love him, not from the us tho

Kai si beh

>Colin

sounds a bit like kevin to me so fuck that dude

But could he have been in 12 monkeys?

I don't think he could have pulled off tyler or mills. Collin is the same guy in every movie I've seen him in.

in Daredevil he plays an unhinged psychotic type. maybe not on the level of Pitt's Jeffrey Goines but you could see potential. Also, The Lobster is probably CF's best performance yet.

literally based as fuck in Miami Vice

I need to see lobster, heard it hyped on marons podcast. I haven't seen daredevil since I was 12. Not a big capeshit guy.

if you've seen Dogtooth you'll enjoy The Lobster. it's like that but a bit better production values.

>last I checked the world's greatest living actor was an Irishman.
Aiden Gillen, right?

For you

German here. Can't act and feces eyes

kinda like matthew mcconaughey