AMA. I'm a 23 white nobody riding a greyhound bus to NYC with only 30 dollars to my name...

AMA. I'm a 23 white nobody riding a greyhound bus to NYC with only 30 dollars to my name. I have no housing prospects or job prospects. How fucked am I? I'm 12 hours away and shitting bricks.

K.

It could work out but more than likely won't.

Why the fuck did you do that?

NYCfag here, too. You'll fit in. Dollar pizza all over the place downtown manhattan should last you a little less than a month. You can eat and drink free water until you find a job and last resort you just beg like all the other begfags here.

You're going to a very expensive city with...really nothing but $30. What do you plan to do?

you are super fucked dude, why the fuck would you do that?

are you ill? the only expensive part of nyc is housing.

vote hillary and get free shit

wait...

>considers being homeless normal

Do you have any skills or talents?

>the only expensive part of nyc is housing
You've never been to NYC.

I trust he wants to live somewhere other than under an overpass.

Well, that billionaire's not working out for him.

Dude post on Craigslist and offer that ass up. Maybe an older guy will take you in

lived here for 14 years. food is cheap as shit. I've seen homeless people get by here their whole lives just on beg money.

You've lived in coon town then.

OP, you would've had an easier time in California. Plus, you wouldn't be cold as fuck. Winter is coming up, good fucking luck surviving outside.

Well... I moved around for a while and ended up crashing with my estranged dad in some buttfuck town in alabama. There were inbreds and degenerates everywhere and we lived in the middle of nowhrere. It was killing me mentally. I figured that being homeless in NYC is better than living in buttfuck nowhere in alabama. Going to nyc was something I've dreamt of as a child so.. Here I am. Following my dream.

It´s not as bad as the other anons telling you, you are fucked. Go to a homeless shelter. Look for one as soon as you can since they stop giving new people passes at around 3 PM. They may still let you sleep in there under some conditions. They´ll feed you and offer you some blue collar work. You will also go to sleep early and wake up early so if you´re one of us you are fucked in that front. Don´t worry and have fun. I plan to do the same but with over 10K to my name after I go to the next Olympics.

this

this homeless people literally collect news papers and garbage bags to construct 20 jackets and pants to wear for sleeping outside. You might as well just kill yourself it will be nicer than hypothermia.

probably not. you're going to get fucked for money at some point being a white homeless dude

kek'd

>People saying ny is cheap
Literal niggers

OP why not go to Detroit? There's houses there you can buy for $30.

Well I'm well spoken, tall, semi attractive and white. My prospects aren't awful I guess.

Winter is coming.

He's fucked.

Guys. It's starting to hit me. What the fuck have I done. I'm in north carolina right now. Holy shit I feel like I just committed suicide. Shiiiiiiiit.

>tfw 22 year old nyc native paying rent on a part time 20k salary

well yeah, you dumb idiot.

hope you brought a coat idiot

Just go with it. Don´t worry. You will be fine.

>Only had $30 to his name
>Didn't try to fix his life, get a job or obtain a skillset that would make him valuable
>Decided to spend all his remaining money on a one way ticket to one of the most difficult and expensive cities on the planet

Oh no shit? You think you made a bad decision?

maybe I should look for an old gay guy to take me in. I think that might be my best chance. I'll try the shelter if that doesn't work.

Not everyone wants to live in coon town there Jamal.

>coon town
>Astoria

>Queens
>Not coon town

It's winter. Why not wait for summer so you can sleep in the parks for free?

Nothing to your name and trying to make it big in the city? Why it's the American Dream, OP, just roll with it and who knows, you might be president some day.

>not being from Queens

Op you want a dope job?

It was an impulse decision. I could always sleep in the subway I guess.

Omg hahahah this one got me

Yes. I'd rather not sell my body to old gay dudes or panhandle.

Dont worry, down in 2nd Ave / E 25th there is a collectivist group that helps poorfags who come to the Big Apple lacking the "basic 3" (which is home, money and talent). You'll be in a Bernie Sanders cheer squad in no time, and maybe you can find a good place as a manspreading/fartrape/safespace couselor.

Boom raped.

Wow, so many niggers. I'm so grateful there are no niggers in my town. What's it like?

Holy fuck these bathrooms are fucked up.

Cool, and don't worry I got you. I work for a company that travels around and maps out commercial realestate. We get per diem, housing, and cars. I'll hook a Sup Forumsro up. Email me at tobydyllans@gmail if you wanna talk logistics

did you bring a pair of timbs?

This guy will rape you.

I'm not joking that is literally a rape setup

hah just wait til you get to pabt

You are retarded user. Alabama hick town will always be better than homeless in frozen NY. Its predicted to be one of the worst winters since snow apocalypse 2012.

Don't listen to this dude. I tried to get his help and ended up in a bathtub full of ice, with a scar where my kidney was..

Go to a nearby mosque, they wil take you in. Continue your study to get a Job, and look into some illegal work(selling weed, fake brand clothing,etc) to increase your money supply.

LOL tell that to my 8 dollar beer

the mosque down the street wouldnt take me in cause i'm latino

Sup OP

I was in your position a year or so ago. Good fucking luck. Winter is going to fuck you in the ass, so you better see if you can find a Goodwill or something anywhere on the way to NYC. Buy coats, long sleeves, anything you can get for cheap as fuck. Explain your situation and how you're terrified and they might cut you a deal too.

I got back on my feet by reselling clothes. Supreme mostly. I remember begging for days and days to get enough money to buy a single Supreme shirt, and I proceeded to sell it for 4x what I paid. Rinse and repeat and before I knew it, I had an apartment in NYC that I could afford, as well as money for food.

If you can't find a job you're borderline fucked. Try the supreme thing, it's worth a shot. Good luck buddy, you'll need it.

believe it or not theres still stores that sell cheap shit. not everyone pays williamsburg hipster douche craft beer prices

Where do you stay? I've been to long island, yonkers, amityville, wainscott, nowhere had beer for more than 4

nothing fancy. i'm talking about manhattan bar price

>I proceeded to sell it for 4x what I paid
To who? Why wouldn't they just get it from the same place you did?

thats fucking bar prices in every big city. I doubt OP is going to be hitting the clubs in the meatpacking district and not getting cheap shit in bronx discount stores.

They took me in, and i'm latino as well. Just make sure you don't have any alcohol/drugs on you(goes for church as well). Do you have any family relatives in nyc?

I wasnt talking to OP nerd

where? i'm from NYC. ive visited two and they stop speaking english. inb4 i'm unbearable because i have a full time office job

then you hijacked the reply chain from

Supreme clothes sell out. Hundreds and hundreds of people wait in line for days at a time and still might not get anything. I bought the shirt, walked outside, and before I was 50 feet from the store someone had offered $250 cash and of course I took it.

I'm sure you can make some good cash by sucking cock.

i'm sitting on a huge collection lol. WTAPS stuff, Neighborhood, all three original blazers mint size 9, all the TNFS, a ton of shit throughout the seasons. its gonna peak in a few years and im chillin

Smart guy. Well played.

to all the comments about our impending winter; you guys do know we have must-shelter laws and the street homeless are the ones who just don't want to be in the shelters?
even if they kick out during the day unless OP is severely mentally ill he should be at least able to dress decent enough to not get kicked out of places like the library or starbucks during the day

Stop now! I predict you will die in NYC.
the image I have is that you will be stabbed while sleeping.

call me for a tarot reading or to find a place to safely stay in nyc: 4zero86zero384six3

You need to get a girlfriend ASAP OP, shack up.

Op here.. On a positive note.. Is NYC everything it's cracked up to be? Is it going to blow my mind and fill me with good feels?

Not for poor people it's not. Sorry.

some would say its 50 50 but its not. the shit is in your face more times than not. so many people but you will struggle to find yours. don't rely on the first friend you meet.

the novelty wears off quick. especially if you can't afford it

Londonfag here, I've seen countless people move to the city from the sticks full of optimism and dreams. 6 months later they're living in a box room in an area surrounded by niggers with utterly defeated looks on their faces.

Well.. Shit. At least the first night will ptopbably be really awe inspiring and dreamy and all that good shit. Well at least I have realistic expectations now.

*probably

Is time square pretty safe? That's where I get off.

Moving to London if you're poor or from the far north is bloody stupid.

As soon as you get off no less than 10 pairs of beady eyes will have sized you up in seconds as a naive out of town kid and will be working out what to do with you. Try acting like you make the trip all the time. Look bored.

Times Square is fucking awful
You'll be safe, it's just such a clusterfuck
Head uptown or downtown. I'd just uptown because that's where I live and I personally prefer it, but your call.

Astoria full of niggers there, CGeorge

You have any interest in seeing Dr. Strange? I've got two free vouchers and nothing else to do
Can't say I can help you much beyond that, but hey

stay under the 60s at night your problem could be other homeless

people wait around the stations for saps like you.

Homeless are going to be dicks once they notice you're not from NYC. Get inside somewhere for your first night.

If you have charisma get someone to start buying you drinks.

Um, sure. Considering all I've got is 30$, I probably won't have too much to do around town anyways.

OP is FUCKED.

1st time in NYC? OP IS DOUBLE FUCKED
Dont know the gangs, homeless, panhandlers, beggers lingo/modus operandi? OP IS DONE.

Good luck. You're set to faliure.

You've just got to turn that $30 into $60

Given the 10%/decade which is guaranteed of the stock market, that should take you...35 years.

Yeah, it will be pretty awe inspiring if you survive the first night

try asking strangers what to do. there are good people out there, maybe someone will offer you some help. don't listen to Sup Forums fucktards, they've never been outside their mothers basement

You are fucked. What is your plan?

Turn around and go home.

Find a job, and save up some money, somewhere between 3-5k. In the meantime, try to actually make some contacts in New York. Places to stay, jobs, etc.

Op, just get off the bus in Baltimore, your chances aren't much better, but at least it isn't quite as cold as NYC.

Buy cigarettes with money before you get there. Sell cigs on street tripple your funds.

It's too late man. I used all my money on this ticket. There's no going back now. I'm going into the danger zone. I'll be pretty content with just not dying tbh. It'll be okay.

have fun while you can mate

>going to nyc with no cash
>doesn't know anyone there
>winter about to hit hard

>head to dollar tree
>buy $30 $1 toys
>head to tourist area
>toys for sale only $2 a piece

Buy some camping gear and book bag and hike up to upstate new york, and prepare to just live in the woods.