Browns have #2 overall pick

>browns have #2 overall pick
>never, ever have franchise QB
>fans don't even know the concept of having a franchise QB
>franchise QB sitting right there
>"nah we good, we'll take the injury prone bust"
>play said QB in first week of season
>game manages the fuck out of you
>injury prone bust proceeds to have an average game that ends with him getting hurt

what the fuck is the browns' problem??

Other urls found in this thread:

dawgsbynature.com/2016/3/9/11186896/report-browns-pull-offer-to-rt-mitchell-schwartz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You say franchise QB, but that only works if he can stay alive. When a team has all rookies on the O Line, drafting a great college QB is stupid.

The Browns were/are more than a QB away from being a decent team, Wentz would die if he was ydrafted by the Browns.
It's better to build a team and then put a rookie QB in than the other way around.

>It's better to build a team and then put a rookie QB in than the other way around.
People have been saying this ever since the Browns came back. When are they going to build a team?

Theoretically right now.
Their Defensive line and WRs are pretty good now.
They just need to shore up their ROL, LBs, and Secondary.
Then get a QB.
Multi-year reconstruction necessitated by years and years of awful drafting and development.

next year™.

we have over a dozen additional draft picks for next year. MONEYBALL BITCHES

>the browns
That is your answer, OP.

They are inherently inept.

to be fair he wouldn't be a franchise qb if he was picked by the browns

Brandon Weeden will take the Browns to the super game. Then we'll see who's laughing.

Rams are worse

>goff or wentz
>wentz tearing it up
>goff is the 3rd stringer after preseason because he couldn't outplay Keenum or Mannion

>Browns
That's your problem right there, OP

>tfw Browns fan
>tfw can't wait for Deshaun Watson to save us from Hell

Giddy up

I don't even think next year is the time to draft a QB. Without shoring up the offensive line, they'd just end up breaking whoever they get.

I say trade Joe Thomas and Joe Haden at the deadline for best available offers. We already have Philly's first too.

Give me Watson, a Left Tackle, a pass rushing linebacker, and then lineman and wide receivers.

>tfw no qt3.14 Flash Gordon until Week 5
>tfw this coaching staff actually thinks Terrelle Pryor is good
>tfw this front office PASSED UP Treadwell for Corey "I FUCKING SUCK" Coleman

Bury me.

I disagree.
Thomas and Haden won't fetch all of that, and even if they did they're better than anyone the Browns could get (which means that they'd be EVEN WORSE in the mean time).
The Browns need a center most of all, and players in the secondary take forever to git gud, even though Haden is getting worse he's still the best they've got taking him away would be catastrophic.
>tfw this coaching staff actually thinks Terrelle Pryor is good
>tfw this front office PASSED UP Treadwell for Corey "I FUCKING SUCK" Coleman
Pryor is fine for what he's costing, his height and athleticism alone open up the deep ball. And Coleman is fine.

Bernie Kosar was kind of a franchise qb.

A bad one but still

That Cleveland Browns was a different franchise.

Those are just more draft picks the browns can use on shit players

Joe Haden was trash today

Who is your favorite modern era Cleveland Browns QB?

Derek Anderson had a good season.

I thought RGIII was a good boi who jus need a black coach to unlock his true potential? He has that in Cleveland so why would they need to roll the dice for a new QB?

you mean that guy that almost lost to troy?

We'll just draft every available player from Alabama.

They stole a franchise QB from the Chiefs in Kevin Hogan
Leave it to the Browns to put the one franchise QB they've had ever on the practice squad

The Browns were only a couple overthrown passes and a muffed snap from losing the game with some dignity.
Momentum swings are a hell of a thing.

I've never heard of him, why is he so good?

don't forget Auburn

he's not. he's AJ McCarron without the Natties

the fucked up thing is that the Browns would have taken Goff at the #2 had he not gone first.

>Implying Deshaun Watson will be the top QB drafted next year

Brad Kaaya will be the first QB drafted, and the Browns will ruin him.

>what the fuck is the browns' problem??
They;re the browns.

their record of first round picks over the last five years is laughable.

The Center Irving is absolute trash, another wasted first rounder.

I don't blame mack for leaving but looks like they really should have at least resigned Schwartz. The franchise is about 50 mll under the cap atm

>mfw I realized the Chiefs released Kevin Hogan already

I kinda like Hogan. He's smart, athletic, and sees the field well. He's able to make full field reads and quickly go through a progression. The offense he ran at Stanford was a true pro style offense. His mechanics are awful though.

I actually broke down some of his tape frame by frame to figure out what was wrong with his motion. He has a hitch midway through his throwing motion where he pauses and loses the momentum in his windup. It's weird cause he has an unusually long windup as well. Some people claim he has poor arm strength but I think it's actually just really unorthodox mechanics. I'm not aware of any drills that could fix this, but if he can find a way to correct it I think he could be pretty good.

t.a former FCS wide receiver

Kaaya was ruined when Mark Richt and his choking ways came over to Miami

so take the qb and just dont play him

Browns have no excuse. The NFL is set up to give them every advantage to rebuild. They just need to draft and develop better.

not DeShone Kizer. Nigger are you even trying?

Mannion's underrated af

>beats the Browns

Holy shit. Just put him in the hall already!

he's never gonna be elite though

how did the rams interview/work out both goff and wentz and decide goff has a better personality/skillset to be an elite nfl qb? he's so out of it. goddamn fire fisher and snead

he's BEWD 2.0, he's going to fall off the face of the Earth in a year or two

really like the guy, but I don't like Peterson's system. Also wish they would have thrown the farm at Garrapollo instead, but at least the FO made some decent moves to get back next years 1st rounder

BEWD?

Vontae Mack no matter what

It's what happens when they get shit front office after front office making awful decisions.
The Browns offered Schwartz more money to stay, but he still left. You can't just hold a gun to their head and force them to sign.

Foles

I thought the Browns rescinded their offer

dawgsbynature.com/2016/3/9/11186896/report-browns-pull-offer-to-rt-mitchell-schwartz

>the Browns possibly are posturing. Others think that the team is calling the bluff of Schwartz’s representatives, who may be trying to create a market that may not be there."
That's what I choose to believe. They saw what happened with Jordan Cameron before, and didn't want to get leveraged for a player that was good but not great.

I'd buy that bc that's exactly what shwartz is

a good but not great lineman

>When a team has all rookies on the O Line, drafting a great college QB is stupid.

they are starting no rookies

Irving and Pastorz are second year guys, Bitonio IIRC is in his third year, and Greco and Thomas are both around 10 years in

losing Mack and Schwartz was killer though, as Irving looks like a bust, and Pastorz is raw at RT, bc he didnt play much last year

Thomas and Bitonio are so good on the left side.
Pasztor will get better with experience.
Cam is just fucking everything up

to be fair a blind monkey could have played QB for the Eagles and looked good because he'd still be playing against the Browns

I've often wondered why, other than otherworldly incompetence, they Brown don't take a top-tier QB in the draft (great college career, great physical stats, great football intelligence, great discipline/maturity) and put him on a 3 or 4 year program of sitting on the bench until he and/or the team is is ready to start him. If there are no top-tier QBs in the draft, draft the best possible QB that's a bona fide first-rounder unless they're all garbage. If they're all trash, draft the best available offensive linemen and defensive linemen.

Even if the drafted QB is NFL-ready, keep him on the bench for the first year if the team is utter trash. Purposely tank the season to draft some quality offensive linemen in the next draft.

Come second season, the QB should be given at least 25% of the meaningful snaps during the regular season with the coaches carefully monitoring him to make sure he doesn't get beaten to a pulp if the offensive line is somehow still a wreck.

By the third season, the team should have at least a mediocre offensive line. The team should draft one or two skill players (WR, RB, TE) to give the QB a security blanket and the QB should be ready to take all of the snaps by this season. This season and the next will demonstrate whether the QB is a franchise QB or an OK QB. If he were a bust, he should have been thrown away in the second season.

A good QB can easily play 12 or more years so after a 3-year apprenticeship there's at least 9 years where the team shouldn't have to worry about finding a QB. It can take its time and draft a QB every now and then to serve as a backup or to train as trade bait. By the 9th season, the team should get serious about drafting a serious challenger to the starting position.

If both the starter and backup are top-tier, a la the Montana-Young days, that's a nice problem for a franchise to have nowadays. Certainly better than the QB hell the Browns have suffered for the past 17 years.

no. Wentz is a good qb. I'm more worried that the eagles wont give him the support he needs.

Watch the game lad. He made some tight ass throws that would beat any DB in the league, made a bunch of great audibles, and even did shit like recover from botched fumbled snaps. Much more faith in him than one read spread offense mobile meme QBs who get exposed after a season.

They draft a QB every year. They should build the rest of a team first.

Honestly, in those 17 years, the best chance they've had of doing all that was keeping Tim Couch on the bench for the first 2-3 seasons. He fucking took them to the playoffs. The BROWNS. To the PLAYOFFS. And they dare call him a bust. Guy should have a bronze statue outside the stadium.

wasnt there another qb on that roster that couldve been decent? I remember there was a preseason battle

When your last great QB was Brian Sipe you know you have real problems.

PS- Kosar and Testaverde were also quality in Cleveland.

>franchise qb
>wentz
>good
I'm so sorry that your team sold their future for a mid tier at best QB. Don't try to justify it by pointing at the Browns, they gave up on the season already, and have your picks.

>implying a mid tier qb wouldn't be a franchise qb for the browns

i'm sick of watching the browns swap qbs halfway through the season. 15 years is more than enough

The Browns need to be abolished.

>never ever have a franchise QB
Who was Bernie Kosar frank Ryan
Brian sipe Otto graham

>Draft terrible qbs year after year
>First chance to get someone actually good
>Time to build the rest of the team!

How many picks do you even think they gave up? It was basically next years 1st and two 3rds.

Tim couch

He was legitimately good in a terrible team

Not sure if you've noticed, but Treadwell isn't exactly lighting it up. He's not going to be very good.

Doctson and Fuller are the two best

Iggles gonna fly all over the NFL desu

yeah, Doctson has really been "lighting it up"

and then the next Browns bust, and then the next Browns bust

Against the youngest and softest team in the league.

is there a loaning system in the nfl like with soccer?