The new Dirty Projectors album has dropped early and it's really good

The new Dirty Projectors album has dropped early and it's really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/71729-dirty-projectors-release-new-self-titled-album-listen/?mbid=social_twitter
mega.nz/#F!rQczRBTI!aM1pVonmH7FTzRu8Mje_5g
pitchfork.com/news/71518-dirty-projectors-and-fleet-foxes-debate-modern-indie-rock-both-bad-and-boujee/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where's the mega

Listening to it on Apple Music. Here's a streaming link.

Forgot the link pitchfork.com/news/71729-dirty-projectors-release-new-self-titled-album-listen/?mbid=social_twitter

mega.nz/#F!rQczRBTI!aM1pVonmH7FTzRu8Mje_5g

it's not good, alternative r'n'b is a horrible shit genre

The last song is incredible. His best album closer since Rise Above.

It ends oddly abrupt tho, what's up with that?

I kind of like that, though. He's come full circle. Nothing left to say, so why drag it out. Beautiful closer.

came back to Sup Forums for the first time in years to see what people thought.

this is the only thread about it. what the fuck.

I'm super into it conceptually but it hasn' totally clicked with me in a "like" sense yet, i think repeated listens will grow on me more. Really like the opener and closer tho

is this legit?

Don't you remember? You have to wait for it to get an 8.8 BNM and then it'll be spammed here for a month.

Death Spiral is the worst song in the album.

oh shit yeah i forgot.

Also i guess 90% of Sup Forums was probably still in elementary school 5 years ago when they last had an album

> 'Death Spiral’, which follows, goes even further, producing the most overtly pop moment on an album that is full of them. It is a song that will divide opinion, more ‘Cry Me a River’ than ‘Stillness is The Move’, with Longstreth’s voice channeling its inner Justin Timberlake as it reaches for some impressively high notes.

Can't wait to like it

Listening to it right now. It's pretty fucking dope

representative of the fall of indie and begs the question why did anybody give a shit about that white bread shit anyways

cool

Aotysf is either this or Sun Kil Moon

Work Together is very spicy

pop moves, indie divorce, one-man show

It's actually garbage. Only has one decent song. This is the corny bullshit they were DISTANCING from in the late 2000s, now they've stooped to just being trendy indieshit hacks.

Tiny Mixtapes a shit

>It is a ridiculous song, overblown and extravagant.
The next track is incredible which only makes it worse.

people that listened to dp in 2009 were 90% trendsters that are now listening to hip hop

>It is a ridiculous song, overblown and extravagant, but brilliantly so in the way it cares not a fig for DP’s guitar roots.

If you could include the rest of the quote that would be good

Prediction: Everyone but Eathony Eattano will love it. Antwon will give it a 5/10.
Screencap this

Wow i cant believe the singles ended up being the only good tracks in the album with the exception of "I See You".

yeah i downloaded and am listening now :)

2 l8 alrdy TMT h8

Ascent through clouds though

Some good moments but I got the same feel from 22, a million: aging indie rock dude trying to stay hip with superficial electronic effects

I feel like he's going to fucking hate this thing

Why? He loved No Now

Am I the only one that misses Amber Coffman?

>appropriating black culture and changing sound to RnB
>5.6 pan inc.

she is most certainly missed. The best parts of the album are when he adds a similar female voice in the mix

>amber broke my indie heart
jej

because No Now was good and this is not

Why the fuck is this allowed?
Swing Lo Magellan at #5 even though it's far and away the most popular song in the list? #1 has the second lowest play count here.

>The people on reddit praising this as the second coming of indie
Come on now

it's still p good though

It's just Yeasayer.

lmao this

Longstreth hasn't wowed me since Mount Wittenberg Orca

Yeah same. That single she released seemed a bit basic and soulless too. Almost like.......they need each other *holds back tears*.

pretty sure popular is sorted by the last 30 or 60 days or so. like in the month of december all of sufjan's popular tracks will be christmas songs. whenever a band puts out a new single or album it's usually up there.

If you're talking about /r/indieheads and the "indie is saved" comments, they're making fun of this: pitchfork.com/news/71518-dirty-projectors-and-fleet-foxes-debate-modern-indie-rock-both-bad-and-boujee/

Now that the dust has settled...
Bitte Orca > Swing Lo > The Getty Address > Dirty Projectors > Slaves Graves And Ballads > The Glad Fact > Rise Above > New Attitude

Thank you. Why are there absolutely no results when I search for Dirty Projectors on Soulseek? Props on discovering the proper album name btw, self titled releases are always asking for it.

Second on Bitte Ocra being the best.
It was the first album of there's I gave a listen, and I feel like I was spoiled.

Literally a shit-tier opinion, tbqh.

Bon Iver did it better

lmao no he diddnt and justin actually had ye write for it

Kanye hasn't even written his own lyrics in a decade much less written for other people

DUDE MY GF BROKE UP WITH ME NOW I MAKE WIGGER MUSIC LMAO

honestly, i'm kinda struggling to get past this in some parts. but the sounds...

>just like a breakup