Cosmogramma

Why is this so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LzUGaugPg2s
youtube.com/watch?v=5WFGuDxTSL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because you've not listened to anything else similar.

because you haven't listened to post-bop jazz yet

its not

because he's a great producer

I prefer his other albums for some season. You're Dead! and Until The Quiet Comes are his best imo.

nice contrarianism m8, upboted!

>come to Sup Forums to have discussion about an album you enjoy
>why is this album good?
>no discussion, just hate
people were asking what's wrong with Sup Forums
its the negative people

How the fuck is the OP prompting discussion.

If you want people to just say "it's great, I agree", try leddit.

if you want honest discussion, and this is a real Sup Forums protip, you gotta start the OP with something like "Flying Lotus fucking sucks". People will always be quicker to disagree than agree with OP and you can just blend in with all the other anons flaming the OP and talking about flying lotus.

Same goes for recommendations. You could say "Hey Sup Forums can you recommend me some indie rock?" and get 404'd or say "There isn't a single good indie rock album prove me wrong faggots" and get a million recs.

He asked a question, however simple it is, it's still provoking discussion.

nice counter-contrarianism bro
just because he's "contrarian" doesn't mean he's not right

Awesome album, though I prefer Los Angeles

THIS ALBUM HAS SHITTING FUCKING MIXING
IT SOUNDS GARBAGE ON ANY DECENT SOUND SETUP
THATS WHY I DON'T LIKE THIS ALBUM
ITS AN OKAY ALBUM
BUT ITS NOT FUCKING GREAT
OKAY?

good taste, la has dope percussion
i keep hearing this echoed on Sup Forums but it sounds fine to me

you can't hear how fucked this sounds?
youtube.com/watch?v=LzUGaugPg2s

This album does have god tier production, but I could never get myself to thoroughly enjoy this

I love how colorful the album sounds, how well synthesized all the sounds are so they range from warm to cold as fuck, and the progression in terms of rhythms that the album has as well starting off fast then getting slow then finally kinda ending in a middle ground of rhythms. It's got a lot of variety overall, while still sounding like its own signature stylistic thing.

See, on crappier systems, I would agree honestly. Dude has all these sounds that just seem to be in the forefront (which I think he does to bring out the percussive nature of each sound), and, at least when I was listening to him when You're Dead came out, his stuff sounded kinda messy to me. But nowadays I have a far better sound setup with a far better stereo field, so each sound is still upfront but also has more room to breathe.

its very blatant and full sounding but i think that helps the song in this case, quieter/sparse stuff like mmmhmmm and recoiled even satelitttteeee sound fine to me

with high end heaphones it sounds fine

It just sounds bad because it's on youtube

Well he didn't even provide any reasoning as to why he likes it, so people have no reason to do so when they say it's shit.

You can't put zero effort in to a post and then demand proper discussion. Lead by example.

Los Angeles is better.

And then you post a Sup Forums core album and get called a pleb for only listening to Sup Forums core lmao

I like the jazz influences here more personally.

listened to this album while tripping balls and blazed and it is now in my top 5 favorite albums of all time

dude get better gear lmao are you listening on iphone speakers?

Until the Quiet Comes > Reset > Cosmogramma > 1983 > You're Dead! >>>>>>> Captain Murphy

Cosmogramma > 1983 >>> rest
This is objective fyi

this sadly

This af

You're pretty close to correct, Until the Quiet comes is probably the best electronic-lounge album of all time.

Live jazz instrumentation, varied sound sources including hindustani inspired strings, some great bass from Thundercat, and the sounds of his dying mother's hospital machines.

This one is pure eargasm:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WFGuDxTSL8