Favorite Frank Zappa/Mothers album?

Favorite Frank Zappa/Mothers album?

zappa is autodidact hippie trash

>zappa
>hippie

all the 60s Mothers albums are so great it's not even worth comparing them, my favourite used to be Money, then Absolutely Free, and right now I love Freak Out the most.

>zappa
>anything but the original fedora
Dude you need to educate yourself.

uncle meat
i make fun of this subculture so i definitely cant get lumped in with it

He didnt even do drugs you dunce

FREAK OUT!

Im actually doing a discography of him right now, I just finished Jazz from Hell so im almost done with everything released while he was alive. Anybody wanna nerd out about some zappa?? Favorite less talked about albums? Albums everyone seems to like that you think are shit?

Is this bait or are you just ignorant?
Zappa HATED the hippies and went out of his way to mock them and make fun of them!

Have you even listened to the album We're Only In It For The Money from start to finish?

Educate yourself before posting such ignorant statements in the future user!

Fair warning to STAY THE HELL AWAY from this even as a die hard zappa lover jesus christ

Hes probably just baiting

Also heres a really good album that doesnt get any love, you wont like it if the 80's pisses you off though...

This one is mainly remembered for the controversy, but has some really amazing hidden gems

Im done circle jerking with myself over frank for now, ill be back later to be a snob some more

Has some weird parts but 'Oh No' and the song after that are just too good.

tfw 200 Motels soundtrack will never get reissued

Actually Thingfish isn't a bad album. If there's any complaint I might have it's that quite a few songs appeared on other albums prior to it. (Mudd Club immediately comes to mind) Plus Zappa directed a photo shoot in Hustler using Dale Bozzio as one of the models to promote the album.

Did you also know that Thingfish was the FIRST FZ album to come with his own personal parental warning sticker? (Nice dubs BTW)

Actually this album helped me cope with and laugh at the 80s and the proliferation of idiots that seemed hell bent on taking over the world. Worth it for the opening track and Dumb All Over alone but there are other great songs on there like Harder Than Your Husband Goblin Girl and Suicide Chump. A bit more commercial than most others. More akin to Sheik Yerbuti which I enjoy equally. Great choice user!

Another great album. Did you know the U.S. and British version are slightly different? Doesn't take away from the anti censorship message Frank Zappa was trying to convey.

One of my favorite albums from all time

Waka Jawaka and Grand Wazoo are great albums, given how popular Hot Rats is, I'm surprised they dont get talked about more

This. Zappa's jazz rock phase was his best, and doesn't get nearly as much love as it deserves. Sleep Dirt and Studio Tan are also fantastic Zappa albums from the same style that don't get as mentioned as his other 70s song-driven releases.

sleep dirt took me completely off guard and blew me away.

The shortest one, because Zappa was a talentless politically-illiterate hack.
Alternatively, Jazz from Hell because it's all instrumental so I don't have to hear his inane political ramblings.

Uncle Meat

>hating on autodidacts

You Are What You Is

Shut Up and Play Your Guitar vol 2

I really liked Thing-Fish. I'm not sure what Zappa fans have against it.