smoke on the water

No Quarter

Kashmir

achilles last stand

their version of dazed and confused

Over the hills and far away

Ten Years Gone

A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

But to answer your question, it's No Quarter.

When the Levee Breaks

Battle of Evermore

Or this

I agree with you.

That's consistently been my favorite Led Zeppelin song for nearly a decade

There's something about it that bucks all of the Led Zeppelin writing conventions and makes something that's still great

The Rain Song. I love the transfer through all the different seasons and how the feel of the song progresses. The modern day Vivaldi

Toss up between or Ramble On

>No Quarter
Tool cover

The Crunge!
Best white boy James Brown tribute ever! Even better than The Who covering James Brown off of My Generation and this is coming from a dyed in the wool for life Who fan!

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

how many more times

In The Light

Four Sticks

This is the correct answer.
Well it does contain the best riff ever written.

Carouselambra

This desu.

This no question

This

No Quarter

this

I'm gonna let you in on a secret: nobody gives a shit.
This is coming from someone who's been active in the bluegrass and blues scene for 22 years.

Fuck all of you, it's Going to California.

Echoing No Quarter, but my inner pleb tells me it's Black Dog

squeak squeak

No Quarter, or Since I've Been Loving You, or Achilles Last Stand.

Either way, they're the top 3.

implying there are any

Band named small faces has a song called you need lovin. nearly identical to zeps whole lotta love.

Came here to post this, Achilles Last Stand is their best by far. Kashmir, No Quarter, and maybe The Battle of Evermore would be the runner-ups.

Stairway to Heaven then Immigrant Song, then Black Dog.

This is the correct answer.

Personal favorites are

Since I've Been Loving You
Rain Song
Over the Hills and Far Away
No Quarter
In My Time of Dying
Down By the Seaside

Achilles Last Stand

I think people would care if it was mediocre but since zeppelin was so good it didnt even matter

objectively correct

you seem like the kinda guy that reminds people that John Lennon used to beat his wife

I watched a one man play saying that the blues community expects people to steal and copy and borrow songs from one another. It's keeps the community alive. Much like hip hop.

>Over The Hills And Far Away
>Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

theonion.com/article/man-always-gets-little-rush-out-telling-people-joh-53190

der lemin songh

fool in the rain

Correct answer

This is my personal favourite
I can definitely see why most people say this though

this guy knows

THIS is the correct answer, fucking plebeian hipsters

hey hey what can i do

everyone else is ultra pleb, jesus

this, and their best album is houses of the holy

It's obvious that No Quarter won this thread. Even if it didn't it'd still be the best Zeppelin song.

The one where they ripped off an old Black Southern man's song and claimed they wrote it

in the light is their best song followed by ten years gone and all those who disagree are absolute plebs

>I'm gonna let you in on a secret: nobody gives a shit.
>not even the artists who literally sued Led Zeppelin for plagiarism

>"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."

literally have nothing in common other than the word breakdown

In My Time of Dying

Black Doggo.

That and all of the music

>hurrrrrrr every song ever is a ripoff of Canon in D

you sound retarded bruh. turning 2 notes and a groaning drunk mississippi black man who's been dead for 28 years into a hard rock international pop hit is so easy, there were only 3 bands that could do it!

if they credited those artists there would be absolutely nothing wrong. but because plant didn't even know who he was quoting and his managers were greedy, people like you get to have a sense of superiority

Which one?

Yes it's there

The one that goes BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY

custard pie

Good one user!

Led Zeppelin sucks they stole music from real black blues musicians

Kashmir

But did they steal Kashmir?

more reasons its obvious no quarter is their best, its one of their few original songs

>On 11 April 2016, Los Angeles district judge Gary Klausner ruled that there were enough similarities between the song and the instrumental for a jury to decide the claim, and a trial was scheduled for 10 May. The copyright infringement action was brought by Michael Skidmore, a trustee for the late guitarist, whose legal name was Randy Wolfe.[31] On 23 June, the jury ruled that the similarities between the songs did not amount to copyright infringement.[32] In July, Skidmore's attorney filed an appeal against the court's decision.

deal with it

Nobody cares, faggot

Thanks for sharing, fuck zepellin and all those who hail them as graetest

See >In July, Skidmore's attorney filed an appeal against the court's decision.
We'll see

>Spirit
>Sue Zep
>Lose
>Hated by the public now
Yeah it is working

>We'll see
it will get thrown out, just like it should

i hope the guy goes bankrupt trying to keep the case alive, all over some meme progression dating all the way back to bach

The one that they didn't steal

>just like it should
Tell me about your music theory studies user

this

or communication breakdown (even though that was a cover)

playing guitar for 20 years, go ahead and test me

ten years gone

>playing guitar for 20 years
You started playing when you were 1? Wow!
>go ahead and test me
Chart out all of Bohemian Rhapsody right now

youtube.com/watch?v=pTsvs-pAGDc

they got away with not acknowledging this was a cover for decades

yea, you're like 15

how about you chart a random mahavishnu orchestra song

The Quarter

Because that's the only one they didn't steal

Led Zeppelin is straight garbage

Sorry that's not a chart for Bohemian Rhapsody

Thought you wanted to be tested? I guess not.

the stuff like dazed and confused and the riff for stairway to heaven seem way worse than what they did with the stuff ripped off from blues guys

if you know anything about blues, its basically formulated around ripping off/sharing/permutating riffs of the guys who came before you, all that stuff they ripped off had been ripped off previous to them ripping it off, its just the way that form of music worked and what they did with it is actually kind of authentic in a way

>if you know anything about blues, its basically formulated around ripping off/sharing/permutating riffs of the guys who came before you, all that stuff they ripped off had been ripped off previous to them ripping it off, its just the way that form of music worked and what they did with it is actually kind of authentic in a way
Oh are Led Zeppelin poor African American men from the South?

the only reason zep gets shit for ripping off blues guys is they are a massively popular group and the blues guys wanted money because they spent it all on heroin and voodoo dolls

no, what they did to the riffs was altering the arrangements/riffs to an extreme extent, much more so than one blues guy to the next as was practice 1900-1950s

those poor African American men from the south in the early 1900s had ripped off certain aspects/arrangements,riffs of irish, northern england and scotish folk songs previously

which is where blues music came from, african rhythm with melodic characteristics of music from UK from stuff like traveling minstrels in colonial/pre civ war US and indentured servants

people that give zeppelin shit for the blues stuff don't know anything about blues

>It is ok if you're black and poor

That's correct, because user's argument was a shared musical heritage.

LZ was not a part of that.