ITT: Charts and recommendations

ITT: Charts and recommendations

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14915-ugly-but-honest-you-should-be-at-home-here-songs-about-leaving/
youtube.com/watch?v=ragU6RvZNy4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

my favorite albums of 2017 so far

if you like aggressive hiphop and punk listen to death grips

+nirvana

u hear the new shit from Future?

ive been telling myself to listen to it, is it any good?

Best release yet

There's at least two other chart threads already. Check the catalog before you start a new one.

sage

You like pop-punk, that's cool, I won't dog on you, maybe try out some Modest Mouse type stuff
If you like Outkast, maybe check out some UGK

Polvo

Converge - jane doe
Dalek

Anyone ever tell you that you should change your name to "I, The Faggot"

We already have a chart thread, and you posted you god awful chart in that one too.

Is it true Sup Forums used to like MCR?
Aphex Twin
Bright Eyes

its like if every track from DS2 just blended together

Brand New

Ive listened to bright eyes lol thanks though. Try even oxen

These are my favorite albums, not in order, but I'd really appreciate any recommendations to aggressive/loud/screaming indierock. I have an itch that metal just doesn't scratch. it feels too forceful or like it's only screaming to be metal. Same with a lot of screamo/skramz. Just like bands that can unexpectedly start wailing.

I think you'd like Carissa's Wierd's entire discography, I hate to link pitchfork but this is a decent review I found of their three albums to get a context on them.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14915-ugly-but-honest-you-should-be-at-home-here-songs-about-leaving/

>loud indierock

You heard Parquet Courts yet?

Try some Coil if you want something like NIN or The Gerogerigegege if you want hard noise

Swans or maybe Sonic Youth's Bad Moon Rising

>10234921039 bowie albums

No particular order

Listening to Human Performance this is some good music and I'm glad to have found it (hadn't heard of them) but it isn't the same kind I'm looking for to scratch that itch, appreciate it tho, real neat find, so thanks user.

Never really listened to Swans and just religiously loved and listened to Goo and Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth, never actually listened to their other albums, I'll check that out, thanks bud.

Also you have a pretty interesting variety on your chart. I like the mixture of prog and indie.
I've seen Pain of Salvation as a cozier, somewhat more authentic and less shreddy take on heavier prog. I don't ever really get a spot to recommend this band, and they aren't unheard of here, but you might like them if you haven't heard them?
From 4 minutes till the end (the very end might be a tad melodramatic though) is some of the best I've heard in the genre. Really beautiful bass/drum pairing and the escalating key changes till the end are uh, cathartic maybe. Their entire discography is very melodic and interesting, one of the bands where every song could be a favorite at some point, not a single bit of filler.
youtube.com/watch?v=ragU6RvZNy4

>Human Performance

Maybe try their album Light Up Gold. It's definitely noisier.

I started with the first track of that one and then went down after I kept reading more about Human Performance being their 'big' one.
But it makes sense the noisier ones might not be breakthrough, I'll give it a full listen, thanks buddy.

Holy shit you helped me rediscover Veckamtimest, I listened to that so many years ago and almost forgot about. I was drawn to your list because This Is It is also an all time favorite. Anything else on that list have a similar feel to it or recs for what else to try?

Cheers user! It's a great album.

Similar to Veckatimest? Ehh I dunno. Best part about that album is that nothing else really sounds like it. But their album Yellow House is also amazing.

Also Daniel Rossen (their guitar player and backup vocalist) has an album out called Silent Hour/ Golden Mile that's breddy gud.

Beyond that I'd just stick Grizzly Bear into Last.fm or something and see what comes up.

Try listening to Rasputina, their leader was Nirvanas cellist in their last tour.

The B-52s (their first album)

If you like Goo and Daydream Nation you'll probably like Bad Moon Rising, it's definitely more abrasive and lo-fi than their later work. EVOL is also super good and is almost like a bridge between Bad Moon Rising and Day Dream Nation.
I haven't heard of Pain of Salvation actually but I'll definitely give them a listen since I like what I hear so far!

What's bottom left and is it as shitty as the rest of that chart?

honestly i think most of you are poseur pieces of shit who need to die

mclusky - mclusky do dallas
melt banana - fetch
xinlisupreme - tomorrow never comes
>tycho
>no boards of canada
also +pygmalion

Discipline By King Crimson

Disturbed

Have you listened to
Endless? I didn't like it at first but now it's my favourite Frank ocean album

>posts those words
>posts that chart
boy oh boyo!!

I dont know if mcr was mu approved but I know they were big on this site like skrillex up until they reached meme opus of black parade. Theyre kinda regarded the same as green day. I heard that dragonforce of all things was mu approved as well as SOAD (which is less random)

You might like Dog Fashion Disco, check their Day of the Dead EP. Dark freaky metal on the avante garde side.

bottom left?
middle right?

Modest Mouse, Crash of Rhinos,The Hotelier, James Blake

Pixies, Tame Impala

Black Swan's AETERNA, Shinkiro

Can see you liking
Disco Volante
High on Fire
Unkle psyence fiction

Can see you liking
Aphex come to daddy
The residents- god in 3 persons