Just watched this for the first time. Don't know why so many people consider it the best movie ever made...

Just watched this for the first time. Don't know why so many people consider it the best movie ever made, I thought it was just alright.

It's a pleb filter. You failed.

>Don't know why so many people consider it the best movie ever made

Enjoy your autism bro!

ComfyKino at it's finest.

If this is ever randomly on tv I have to watch the damn thing.

ok

the only people who think it's good are imdb-tier goobs

you also failed the pleb filter

Same here. I hated how unrealistic the prison system was.

>Guards allow a prisoner to do all their document work
>There is only 1 bully which the security guards beat up after he beats up the alleged wife killer
>Prison becomes a paradise for the main actor and everyone else
Is such a fucking weird movie

A loved it and cried twice watching.

>no grate on the other end of the sewer shaft
da fuq?

>>There is only 1 bully which the security guards beat up after he beats up the alleged wife killer
He beat him up because he was in Andy's debt for saving him shitload of money.

>>Prison becomes a paradise for the main actor and everyone else
I don't think it becomes.

and what? You're the pleb detector? What are your credentials, anyways?

It's a dumbed down version of a Tolstoy tale.

Comfy Kino belongs to the green mile

The actual patrician 's choice

i don't know if a lot of people think it's the best movie ever made, it's just very hard to hate or even dislike it. it's well made and very accessible to general audiences. might be why it's number one on imdb.

Comfy as fuck. Stop reading into it so much, enjoy it for what it is - a story about redemption.

Liked this movie but my gf made us watch it so many times that I'm just sick of it now.

dude it's the olden times man, everybody was unbelievably even dumber than we are now and by we i mean the 420 nu-male cuck millenials that are our generation.

It's really good, and it actually grows on you the more you watch it. Same as Blade Runner, I can see why someone would think it isn't all that people say it is the first time around, but just watch it a couple more times and you will eventually find it a masterpiece

>Don't know why so many people consider it the best movie ever made
Nobody considers it the best movie ever. Its well regarded as a near flawless movie that manages to pull off the miracle of being entertaining to both critics and general audiences. Many other movies do the things that Shawshank does better, but they usually have something more polarizing about them that prevent them from gaining the same kind of universal love.

Not the best film ever, instead it's probably better to say it is the least bad film ever.

No one considers it the best movie made.

Did he do it?

This, so much fucking this. Same with My Cousin Vinny.

i've never seen blade runner and if i were to watch it now i'd probably think it was overrated by a lot of people here but i reckon i would enjoy it.

the shawshank redemption is a great film and the element of comfy/nostalgia for a lot of people puts it a few notches higher.

plebs on imdb do

There are even lots of people who go "that movie changed my life!", it's ridiculous.

/thread

better comfy prison movie
thanks to based Redford

It's not the best movie ever made, it's just the most universally liked movie.

what's this film, never heard of it.

Morgan Freeman talking about sucking penises The Movie

Watching this later today, any moar prison movies user? I remember one I saw ears ago, they were in a swamp prison thingy and got whipped, cant remember the name sadly.

I don't get the name though, what's a shawshank redemption?

because the prison is shawshank and he gets redeemed or something

Well, there's this guy called Shawn who always shanks people and got the nickname 'Shawshank' he later finds redemption by shanking only the most evil guys.

is that the zack snyder remake?

Tell me you've considered that simply not liking something does not make a thing objectively good or not? Hell it's not my favorite movie either but just because i don't enjoy doesn't mean it's not one of the best movies i've ever seen. Your opinion of something doesn't make it true user

But it's the other way around it's an enjoyable little movie.
But it's so shallow and simplistic, how can anyone in their right mind call it one of the best movies?

nah, star wars Episode V is the best movie ever :^)