Am i the only guy on Sup Forums who makes films?????

Am i the only guy on Sup Forums who makes films?????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_z7VjAZ7Hzg
youtube.com/watch?v=b77YH3a3x8E
youtube.com/watch?v=JUSgLMC98E0
youtube.com/watch?v=koTuahOR_a0
youtu.be/o-2_lV7Q7y4
vimeo.com/97541594
youtube.com/watch?v=vgc1WXS21Vc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably. Now fuck off.

I don't get this attitude. Does everyone on Sup Forums just hate themselves?

No, we all hate you. Now fuck off.

I don't make films, I make film schools

But why?

My show just got picked up by Netflix

>lots of musicians on Sup Forums
>lots of mechanics on /o/
>lots of photographers on /p/
>lots of business owners on /biz/
>lots of mathematicians on /sci/

>no filmmakers on Sup Forums

for what reason?

He just hasn't shedded his Sup Forums sensibilities yet and thinks anonymous people on the internet are impressed by what he believes to be his "badass" behavior

Congrats man. How'd u do it. Did u go to school?

No
Some of us are too autistic to share what we've made, even though it's up on YouTube
Start a sharethread next time instead of being a little bitch

Others make true tv kino

I know but it still doesnt change the fact i'de really love to meet some like minded people (which there are lots of on Sup Forums) who are actually interested in collaboration. I think its really smart to find partners who you have judged primarily based on intellectual contribution to discussion rather than any superficial "political" reason.

No I went to Jewish friends
Worried my story will be butchered but I was broke before and now I'm not.

How many politicians on Sup Forums, dumb shit?

I know of at least one state official from Florida

Are we allowed to? Thats what i wanted to do anyways. Here's the one im most proud of. :( That's me in the video btw (the non asian guy)

No.

I hate everyone, including myself.

I'll play.

What was the process you went through to get it picked up?

>(((((((implying))))))) I'm not making meme lovers 2 and 3

Let me make it easy for anyone interested. each one is about aspects of my life obviously.

Autism:

Feels:
youtube.com/watch?v=b77YH3a3x8E

aesthetics:
youtube.com/watch?v=JUSgLMC98E0

trying to impress professors/i was stoned:
youtube.com/watch?v=koTuahOR_a0

U live in LA? Can u give a synopsis? Im going to be famous one day.

Got drunk with my Jewish friend from uni that has connections. A week later I had a meeting, signed a paper and got paid.

You can believe what you want user just don't be fold by the "hard work" lie. It is literally who you know.

But u live in LA?

What did you have?

A pilot script?
A series treatment?
Both?
Or just an idea?

Btw guys I have a film series concept worth over a million dollars if anyone wants to get serious and start a film company. Im dead serious. I would rather work with people from Sup Forums than 80% of the kids I went to school with.

No Texas.
>Can u give a synopsis?
Sci fi Game of Thrones but fun is all I'll say
>Im going to be famous one day
That's the spirit

I had a transcript for my novel and an outline where the story would go. They now own the story.

I'm down you want my email?

Yeah man

Is your novel published?

hi hi hi oh my brother, Id like to meet you too

They're looking for horror film scripts now too I was told.

Of course they are. The Netflix demographic eat up horror and that shit is cheap as fuck to produce.

I want in too... and im also dead dead serious about film.

josephodell @ hellokitty dot com

youtu.be/o-2_lV7Q7y4

My new film

Nope and it wont be now unless they want to. That was a hard pill to swallow. I may get a call to consult on the story if they move forward with it.

So how much did it net you in immediate cash?

How much you stand to make down the line?

Did you get an agent/more contacts from this?

What's the next step?

Joseph Odell? As in Josh's brother?

If this is true...

Good luck, man. I hope it's received well.

On that note, I'd love to have the imagination and wit to write, and legitimately decent, at the very least, dialogue. Can't bring myself to write fucking anything though, I know it'll just be garbage, and a waste of time. At least I can be happy for other people, and I'm not some bitter fuck. So it's good to see an user make it somewhere.

I'm about to get spammed probably but fuck it.

oh shit is that a real email? I assumed you were joshin me

Yeah go a head and delete that email.

You all can email me at
[email protected]

I just made it so im not worried about it being spammed. But for real guys. This would be pretty revolutionary. Probably the first time ever a film team was assembled over something like Sup Forums.

I sent you an email

Some old stuff
vimeo.com/97541594

Some new stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=vgc1WXS21Vc

>So how much did it net you in immediate cash?
I'd rather not give an exact number but my bills will be payed for at least the next 4 years
>How much you stand to make down the line?
Nothing they own everything. I could be contacted later on to consult on the story tho. >Did you get an agent/more contacts from this?
Yeah I have an agent now. They wont touch anybody that doesn't have one. As far as contacts not really.
>What's the next step?
Nothing really

>dialogue
If you're having trouble with that honestly smoke some pot or have a drink

>>no filmmakers on Sup Forums
>for what reason?
because film making takes social skills and people that like film and tv are social rejects who day dream about their favorite movies and shows. they hate that real life isn't like their fantasy.

its too hard to create things with people.

I think the ones who dream about their goals are worse than murderers, at least they do their fantasies.

tell me more. Im serious.

my brother says he's dead serious all the time but then chickens out, do you really really mean youre serious? forever?

I'm also interested in films with Sup Forums. [email protected]
It'll be more fun than the corporate junk I make for my job

>film series concept worth over a million dollars
how did you come to this evaluation?

do you have investors? what are your plans for distribution?

Yep

I don't make films but if they did they'd have a samurai

then you're in the wrong place, this is exclusively a shitposting board

I fucking love Good Charlotte

I'm interested in collaboration but it would be impossible to create anything in this den of thieves.

if you don't have a business plan and contracts (not verbal or "some post on Sup Forums") then you aint doing shit but daydreaming.

It's called the Dream Market. It's a young adult fantasy about an alternative world which is a take on the film industry for young hopefuls in the way that harry potter is about school. But it's more complicated.

The "Dream Market" Is a psychic field where CEO's, Mystics, Artists, and all kinds of weirdos begin accessing to get control of the collective consciousness (kind of like a cooler inception). Some do so to control the media we consume, some control the dreams we have, but its all about control and influencing society.

The plot follows two kids who are realeased from a bomb shelter (think fallout 3) where only kids were sheltered (all the adults had to fight and were killed off in this community) In the shelter the kids are all provided for by machinery so everything is pretty numb and quiet, but then the doors unlock and the kids dont know what to do. One kid whose about 11 and his younger brother who is 5 leave and find themselves in a huge desert wasteland that was once LA. In the distance are sparse, Lone, huge black monolith sky scraper towers with masked snipers patrolling.

The kids actually feel abandoned by their parents and in a very immature way, decide they can do whatever they want. They all decide to go to disneyland (called something else in this story)

Once they get there its a lord of the flies shit show and everyone forms gangs around their "lands" and individual rides and its very violent and idealistic and brutal.

Thats just kind of the set up.

Eventually the two main characters become "stars" and start rising through the ranks.

Its a take on celebrity culture and their demi god status if that makes sense.

Meme magic da moving talkie

this sounds terrible.

But it doesnt all take place at the theme park. When they become stars its kind of hunger games esq and they get swept off into the "mythosphere" which is a kind of timeless universe of legendary characters. Im kind of making htis up as a i go along at this point. All i really have established more than i've said is that there will be some really dark and some really pleasent aspects of "the dream market" which is the stock market for dreams where dreams and ideas and traded in secret psychic fields.

Some aspects will be like the gutters of the darkest parts of hollywood with weird baby monsters with implications of molestation and all that dark shit and then some really fantastic parts where they feel the true magic that film can offer.

>Its a take on celebrity culture and their demi god status if that makes sense
Hey Refn

how so?

Yeah but its more mystical. Its more about lucid dreaming and getting trained to be characters in other peoples dreams so that they do what you tell them. its like when you meet someone super memorable in a dream and then think you meet them later in real life.

too many concepts and not enough detail. the psychic thing turned me off as well.

sounds too goofy to be put into production. I'd have to see concept art if I were to invest in it.

Producer bro here. Not sure if you went straight to Netflix or through a middleman, but expect to not be involved or invited to set. If you are to be involved expect it to be answering questions from whatever screenwriter they use.

Sounds like it's your first rodeo, if you don't know, it's pretty much a universal rule for film that writers are not allowed on set. The exception being when the writer is also the director or is acting in the film. TV is a bit different, as studios work with writers to push the show in whatever direction they think will get the highest ratings.

All that said, if you are invited to set remember you are there to observe. If the director asks you questions, answer them. Actors will probably ask you questions, for the love of all that is holy do not contradict the director.

Best of luck to you bro, I'll answer questions if you have any. Congrats!

Yep exactly.

> avideo game

no wonder it sounded goofy

though Psychonaughts would make a great movie.

WTF IS HAPPENING IN OPIES IMAGE SRSLY

Well to be fair its not written you. Its in the conceptual stage. Thats how you start sometimes.

I made a couple shitty shorts, and I'm about to work with another user in developing an 80's-inspired script.

I'm trying to create a short film that I could film with just me and a girl I hire.

I have no crew because I'm the crew, and director and actor. just need a good concept where its just me and a girl.

>80's-inspired script
I'm making an 80's inspired chase movie

Now this is just my opinion, I've only made a cheesy pizza commercial for a self-started campus business but it was shown amongst a lot of other professional looking films and everyone said my commercial was more entertaining, so here we go

there's way too much shit. you need to peel away all the extra stuff, all the extra influences (the fallout 3, the random fucking snipers, the hunger games, etc.) and get to the central idea of the film and then build again from there. If the idea is how some people have so much influence over culture, for example have the film follow some fucking ceo from whatever advertising corporation and tell the story of how he trains some new comer to be as ruthless as him. At the same time, put some stuff in the background where after a big advertising campaign created by the main character goes green you see multiple people in the background conforming to that style. You see people starting to use phrases used in the advertisements (this might be a little too direct but you get it) and you just show how this ad guy just fucking changes everyone. Have a scene in the middle of the film where he meets some soldier, and the soldier acts all tough and shit and wants to fight him. But the ad man just smiles and says, I control you. Because the soldier joined the army for the hero/tough guy image, but people like the ad man created that image. And then the soldier's world just falls apart.

something like that

Not some fucking hunger games bullshit that will cost a billion and three dollars to make