Garage, grime, or dubstep? Which one is best?

Garage, grime, or dubstep? Which one is best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL250DFFEC8E36ACD2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf do any of those have to do with each other

G R E B O

Theyre all quite different

how so?

Garage is rock
Dubstep is EDM
Grime is british hip-hop

Big mac, fries to go

He's probably referring to 2-step garage. Both grime and Dubstep evolved from UK garage. The reason it's called Dubstep is Dub(reggae inspired + 2step). These genres have in common that they all usually stray away from the four to the floor bass drums commonly found in EDM.

garridge

garage without a doubt

>EDM
don't use that word

What's with the Slammin' Vinyl cover, they never released any Garage subgenre stuff on their label.

But anyway.
Dark/late underground UKG > Garage House > early Grime > Eskibeat > Pleb vocal UKG > Early Dubstep > Current Grime > Brostep.

>Early Dubstep
What exactly are you classifying as early dubstep? Like half-time stuff from 2005 onward?

garridge

I'd say early Dubstep was Big Apple/first few Tempa releases that weren't Horsepower Productions, that kind of thing. Very early DMZ was still too much like dark UKG to be it's own proper genre in my opinion.

Fair enough. Yeah the genre lines were very murky in those days.

I agree but I find that Dubstep as a separate entity doesn't really have 2step sounding drum patterns and that is the main thing which differentiates it from UKG for me.

ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC

I want to get more into UK Garage and maybe also dubstep.
Any recs/essentials?

Go to a channel called Original London Pirate Radio and listen to everything set on there.

Then download everything from Locked On, Nice N Ripe, Ghost, Tempa and DMZ.

Eskibeat isn't a thing m8.

idiot

AHAHAHAHAHA

Yes it is you fucking idiot. Eskibeat is not Grime.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL250DFFEC8E36ACD2