OOTL, what's up with Michael Gira's rape accusation? Should I wtf I hate Michael now or not?

OOTL, what's up with Michael Gira's rape accusation? Should I wtf I hate Michael now or not?

Larkin was full of shit, awkwardly made advances on her, but obviously not rape

im not some mra fag but he probably didnt do it. That bitch was gross and mikeys got indie cred for years, micropenis or not.

This is old news, no. Considering tracks like Raping A Slave and A Screw you shouldn't be surprised by this. Just because you like an artist doesn't mean you have to agree with every single thing they've done. There's no such thing as a perfect person

>implying Raping A Slave isn't about corporations raping the working masses
Pleb harder, bud. You really don't seem to understand early Swans.

Larkin was probably full of shit. If you took a close look at her facebook it was pretty clear the woman is fucking insane. Plus Gira wasn't the first man she had accused of rape. We'll never know for certain what happened but I would take Gira's word over Larkin's.

Tell me OP, would you rape Larkin Grimm?
She is ugly as fuck.

you should return to reddit or Sup Forums or wherever the fuck you came from

Considering Larikin's manager said she was bragging about fucking Gira after it happened she's full of shit

rape is almost never about sexual attraction and almost always about some repressed geek with masculinity issues trying to feel powerful

Top zozzle user, you don't know what you're talking about.

not the way she described it

desu just sounded like some drunk entitled old man wanted to fuck and thought she'd be down precisely because she's ugly.

shit she probably was until she decided she could gain something from the story

Are good people able to make bad music?
Are bad people able to make good music?

this is exactly how it went down
thats bullying, rape at least should have some degree of sexual intention

>t.Michael Gira

While Gira was married he started getting involved with Larkin, they hadnt fucked yet though and Larkin asked Gira not to make sexual advances on her but one night they got drunk and he coerced her into fucking.

it resulted in the worst RYM thread of all time

link pls

RAPE?!?!

WHAT IN TARNATION?!?!

>Early Swans is literal
>Any Swans is literal

Swans is like the most poetic band I know you're pretty stupid

It was a big scandal for, like, two days, then a bunch of Larkin's former bandmates and people from Michael's camp called bullshit, she deleted a bunch of her social media posts, and it faded away. Still a little fucky, but in what way we won't know for certain.

(Speaking of fucky, Sup Forums won't let me post the image with the relevant Facebook posts.)

gira is a 6'3 broad shoulder man with a deep voice and self employed

he aint no bitch

>OOTL
fuck off with your reddit-speak

Based!

>And love will save you from your selfish and distorted goals
>But it won't save me

W-what did he mean by this

>Sup Forums won't let me post the image with the relevant Facebook posts
image posting has been down for a few hours now

>Swans is like the most poetic band I know

What, is it between swans and Kanye for you?

Gira is the musical equivalent to Ayn Rand. I'll still admit to liking fountainhead, but there's a time and place for that shit and it's called fucking high school. Little surprise they both romanticize rape in their art, it springs from the same well of narcissism.

I personally am not surprised that some "fucked up" artist dude who was abused in a jail in the middle East as a teenager is a slime ball, but I'm not gonna give him a pass either. The way they both talked about it, it seems like they agree on the fact that he drunkenly (not an excuse) put his dick inside her while she was sleeping. Sounds like rape to me, but also like, 'I'm gonna fuck her anyway, there's no way she's not into me' style rape, which is gross twice over because there's this entitled delusion that goes along with it. A delusion that, I'm sure gira, an over the hill, semi-marginal musician, is naturally chock full of.

nah, even his wife said the allegations we're false

>masculinity issues
Someone who makes songs like "I Crawled" and "Weakling" clearly doesn't care about their masculine appearance.

>Swans romanticizes rape

>Dropping the accused when guilt hasn't been proven

Can we stop this bullshit?