Proof that nielsen ratings are bullshit;

Proof that nielsen ratings are bullshit;

This show was supposedly one of the 4 biggest shows of the 90's, supposedly watch by around 20-30 million people an episode.

>2016
>DVD and amazon video sales rank in the cellar
>I rarely come across anyone from that time who even knows or remembers what it is.

everyone i know loved that show....?

Oh and that reminds me (OP here), growing up as a teenager in the 90's, I didn't know ANYBODY who watched that show.

>disregard data
>i have anecdotal evidence that proves it's false

only thing this proves is that your theory about this is bullshit

and family guy got canceled twice because the ratings suggested that nobody was watching it.

DVD sales said otherwise.

The problem is that the only people who buy the boxes and subscribe to the Nielsen Ratings are fundamentalists baptists and mormons who just want to control what's on T.V.

Just because you're a millenial doesnt mean shows existed before you were born. Shits still on hallmark and it was on for like 10years. One first shows that dealt with cancer just like your post. Also hot pam anderson

FFS in the 80's and 90's they only had a couple thousand subscribers and were extrapolating the viewing habits of that small group to 200 million fucking people.

FUCKING RETARDED!

Yo I used to watch that show all the time when I pretended to be sick to stay home from school in freshman year. Fuck you saying no one knows or remembers that show. Kill yourself.

You must be among the biggest fucking dweebers ever, the ONLY people who watched that show were middle aged women, and complete fucking socially fucktarded losers, the kind who listened to Michael Bolton and thought that Winger was heavy metal.

i don't think so Tim

Yeah, all the hardcore kids were busy doing drugs, having sex and watching beavis and butthead (until the show got all tame and boring)

Yet you have a webm like that saved on your computer.

Your parents must be proud as can be.

Nobody gets that reference.

I'm also attracted to guys who wear unnattractive underwear

you did

looks pretty damn attractive to me

AHHHUUUUUH?

Did I say I was a somebody?

*Grunt grunt grunt* More power!

Lol winger was metal

the sun don't shine out your ass, junior

Yeah m8 I'm 21 and I loved that show along with my family and buddies?

That show is from before you were born.

Every Halloween we traditionally watch Home Improvement Halloween Episodes. Every Christmas the Christmas Episodes. Every time it appears randomly on TV screen we throw away the remote controle. Why? Because we get what we expect, and thats more relaxing than anything.

i used to watch this show all the time in the nineties. it was relatively funny but thinking back, that whole 'UUUHHH GGUUHHHH' shit sounds like he was fucking a hedgehog.

5/10 would fuck

What are you talking about faggot, everyone loved that show and millions of Americans cried when Tim the Tool Man Taylor and Al Bundy signed off for good

I thought it was random

Kek

Then how come nobody buys the fucking DVD's or the amazon streams? It's ranked in the CELLAR. Like, the bottom 5%

Not, the vast majority of Nielsen subscribers are in Utah, home of the mormons.

Are there any shows from that era that don't? Like... Dinosaurs or 7th Heaven or Beverley Hills 90210?

>buying DVDs
>subscribing to Amazon Prime

U fokin wot m9

Seinfeld and The Simpsons DVD's sell like tits and ass.

Tbh I don't even fully know what the whole Nielsen thing is... I have always wondered how the fuck they generate these ratings though

Ok, Seinfeld counts. Simpsons is still on so not so much. Also animated.

Shit I think OP is onto something. I cant find shit for torrents of it either.

Home Improvement aired in the UK too and loads of people used to watch it, even reruns after it finished.

but then the British will eat up pretty much all American TV, that's why Friends ran for so goddamn long over here
>a tv station had to put out a press release that after a certain date they would no longer show repeats of Friends
>this was considered big news

>

Not all shit that was once popular stands the test of time. Ever seen Family Ties? Popular as hell at the time, saw one recently and it was damn near unwatchable.

Nice digits there

>Ever seen Family Ties? Popular as hell at the time
Says who? Oh, that's right; the Nilsen Ratings.

That's the whole point of this thread; those ratings are bullshit.

so are you going to propose an alternative? or are you just typing angrily at your keyboard crying about how television audience metrics were not done in truly effective way 30 years ago?

wait, wtf! at that filename?!?! Did you snapshot that from a video that's at least 13 hours and 53 minutes?!?!

i Vaguely remember that show.
not becasue i didnt watch it, just becasue all the drugs true the years wiped my memory.

OP must have forgotten that in the early 90's regular TV was still dominant and not everyone had cable so yes it would make sense why the show was once real big. You cant compare yesteryear to now. In 2016 there are numerous alternatives to regular tv unlike the early 90s.

I say tool time all the time and people look at me like WTF?!?! Im just like remember Tim Allen and the fucking neighbor who just sticks his head over the fence to talk? Nobody remembers its fucking depressing.

Its too good to be true

Go away Junior. A shit ton of people watched it.

Yeah, IRL nobody remembers that show. For some reason I think I discovered something interesting about Sup Forums though.

OP, I grew up in the 90's and watched the shit out of that show. It taught me that power tools are masculine and neighbors that peer over the fence aren't creepy. Nielsen ratings NOW are bullshit. Back then people actually had landlines they answered and only a few channels to watch anyways.

Nielsen Ratings aren't based on surveys or polls. Someone literally subscribes to a service where they have to buy a box that they hook to their TV that lets the Nielsen people know what they're watching.

Oh, and ratings now are perfect because of fiber optic cables lines; cable companies and streaming services like netflix know exactly whose watching what and exactly how many views something gets.

According to who's real life? Your experience is anecdotal you newfag. Lots of people enjoyed watching that show, including almost everyone I know. Your experience doesn't equate to everyone's experience. This thread is cancerous shit.

>dat get

Holy fuck