Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

ITT: newfriends try to troll newer newfriends with a worn out meme

I like to nigger
I like to nogger
nigger nigger
nogger nogger
nigger nigger
nogger nogger

So, if it's a better thing for me to imagine I have $1B in my savings account, did I just prove that I actually have a billion dollars?

Or are you just here to seed the waters with shit bate?

It's not a meme.

Pascal's Wager: The belief in kryptonite in the off chance Superman exists and wants to kill you

I love these fucking threads

Oh look, is this fucking thread again.

and which God are you going to wager on op? the three main ones are kikes, Christians and sandnigger God

My problem with Pascal is that it discounts the only thing we KNOW we have which is this life in favor of eternity that we have no guarantee of.

GIGO

Have you read a brief history of time?
Stephen Hawking gave a lecture at the vatican which basically disproved the existence of god.
Unfortunately nobody in the church was intelligent enough to understand it.

ITT: newfriends got trolled by an older newfriend with a worn out meme

Sunken fallacy costs.

There's the whole Sunday time you spend, the clothes.

And them churches ain't free.

Nor are the alterboys for the priests.

If you were assuming it's a toggle switch of
God Worshipping
-------------------------------
Not God Worshipping

Which according to the ol' bilberino doesn't work. You actually have to believe, eat the cracker (with no cheez spray mind you!), and earnestly spend time believing.

That's prayer, worship, and Sundays.

And that's just the mild bits, depending on your pick, you might have to go door to door, you might have to give up on friends if they are gay, you might have to do a lot of things... terrible things.

>Stale bait
Also, with the three main religions you'd be fucked either way cause if you "believe" 'cause it's safer then you would not have true faith.

I'd love to read that.

Oh I find these like mental equivalent of masturbation, in regards that they keep the pipes clean and keep the prostate cancer down.

Keep on posting oh Childlike Empress, it gives me something to do whilst my burrito cools down.

Pascal was myopic in his reasoning because he presumes that the only two outcomes are "no god" and "christian god".
This line of reasoning applies equally well to Odin, Ptah, Baba Yaga, Zeus, Amaterasu, Vishnu, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Fuck Pascal.
Fuck Pascal, fuck the Childlike Emperess, and fuck YOU.

It never states which God. Also, according to his logic, any God that requires worship to avoid consequences like hell should be worshipped, which means, you should believe in all the Abrahamic Gods at the very least which is forbidden by all of the Abrahamic religions (all of them state their God is the only god and worship of many gods is idoletry), so now we have Pascal's catch-22, where to hedge your bets, you need to close all the doors.

And before you say the Abrahamic God is the same god across all the religions, he's not. In Christianity, Jesus is both God, the son of God, and the messiah. At the very least, the Christian God differs from the others because they don't accept that he's the Messiah, the son of God, and God. With the big schisms, the recent word of God has changed based on which religion has interpreted it, meaning they aren't coming from the same source, which suggests either it's all horseshit, or there are different Abrahamic gods.

The odds get even worse. You might want to aim at a Panethon, it's got roughly the same odds like a scratch n' win ticket.

A statistical certainty would be aiming for like the three million Shinto style gods. Not only are they a combo platter, but they also don't have the whole "I am the only way" tag with them.

Furthermore, Pascal's wager is stupid. It's only a safer bet if you commit no sins. user's wager is that everyone is a sinner and none are worthy of anything but hell, considering all the hellworthy sins there are. There's no point in following any religion that basically guarantees you a trip to hell, even with confessions. Might as well not waste your time.

" They have no merchandise to buy, no commissions to pay, and no refunds to make for unsatisfactory service and results....

"Their commodity is fear. They blackmail their parishioners with threats of hell and damnation. These poor deluded people give them their hard earned money to save them from a hell that does not exist, and from eternal torment that was invented by the corrupt minds of priests to rob the living and in addition, they are exempt from taxation! Insult to injury!

Religion is the cruelest fraud ever perpetrated upon the human race. It is the last of the great scheme of thievery that man must legally prohibit so as to protect himself from the charlatans who prey upon the ignorance and fears of the people.The penalty for this type of extortion should be as severe as it is for other forms of fraud and theft."

Such an inspireing quote!

To take this further...
Let's assume for a moment that there is a single, all-powerful and perfect being that created everything. Why, then, do conflicting interpretations of the story exist?
Did god fail to clearly communicate his nature and intentions?
Of course not. A perfect being cannot fail.
Is the error in the hand of the priests and scribes who received The Word? Did god fail to find an adequate scribe?
Of course not. A perfect being cannot fail.

And yet here we are, in a world with multiple versions of the story and multiple sets of rules which are all supposedly handed down by the same perfect being. But if god is infallible, that means that this is exactly how god wanted it to be.

Ergo, if there is an infallible creator then multiple religions were created for a purpose and god doesn't actually want everyone following the same path. The fact that I disbelieve all of these religions is, therefore, according to god's infallibly perfect plan.

And if god wants me to be a disbeliever, who am I to argue?