>painted nails

Nail polish is tested on rabbits you stupid hypocritical fuck

*spits in the eye*

"Je ne parle pas Italiano, ou est le tabac sil vous plate?"

KICK IN THE EEEEEYE

*turns 180 degrees and walks towards him*

And in the darkened underpass
Oh God, Morrissey has blocked my path
But a strange fear gripped me and I couldn't ask.

That was the point. You didn't need to explain the joke

ask me, I won't say no, how could I

Good post

what?

*removes kebab*

He looks really different there

he was transitioning from fem-morrisey to beefcake mode morrisey

*produces peperami*

Why do normies love this band so much? Usually a white guitar band with a singer who writes depressing lyrics is a huge turnoff for them.

I don't know any normies who know the Smiths. Most normies probably can't name any non-classic rock guitar bands

"So how does it feel to have forged a successful career off the back of Johnny Marr's talent?"

because Smiths appeal to normies and outcasts.

anyone can relate do Morrissey's lyrics if they are shy and miserable basically.

In the UK it seems like the hip and trendy thing to namecheck The Smiths.

Granted, most of them probably can't name many of their songs besides This Charming Man and There Is A Light.

I tell him that I identify as a cow so if he beats me up he's a hypocrite.

What? Marr is very talented guy but the majority of people love Smiths because of their lyrics.

>depressing lyrics

depressing yeah, but they're damn good and paint a clear picture in your head. also johnny marr's compositions and guitar sound are iconic.

But normies by nature aren't shy and miserable. They have good social lives, and probably get a lot of sex. That's like the antithesis of pretty much every lyric Morrissey has written.

From that era, the Happy Mondays or Stone Roses would be more suited to the normiecore genre as their music is more uplifting.

It's always the music that draws people into a particular artist first, then the lyrics. The Smiths would be nowhere near as good as they are without Johnny's guitar playing.

I Know It's Over makes me want to cry every time I listen to it. Too fucking close to the bone.

Yea, you are right about normies not being miserable but being shy is normal as fuck. I would say that the majority of people are shy.

Also, a lot of Smiths lyrics are funny as fuck. It appeal to everyoen

>It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate
>It takes strength to be gentle and kind

Simple but effective.

Smiths was a team. They hated each other but they were a team. Everyone in Smiths are talented. Marr was the most talented and Morrissey the least talented but they were all talented anyway.

Sorry, US fag here.
At least with the Smiths people here shrug and say "who", with Blur all the normies just say "oh my gosh I love Woohoo"

>They hated each other but they were a team
Im not so sure. After reading Morrissey autobiography it seemed they got along pretty well. The hate only really started when they started suing each other.

>If you're so funny
>Then why are you on your own tonight?
>And if you're so clever
>If you're so very entertaining
>If you're so very good looking
>Why do you sleep alone tonight?
>I know because tonight is just like any other night
>That's why you're on your own tonight
>With your triumphs and your charms
>While they are in each other's arms

Not surprising.

Morrissey wrote about repressed homosexuality amongst other things, during the American 80s heavy rock revival they were never going to break into the popular music market.

This song is about me desu

>Morrissey the least talented

doubt.jpg

he's a hugely talented lyricist and don't forget he made the vocal melodies himself. mike joyce was the least talented by far