So I'ven a metalhead for a very long time, I listen to thrash, symphonic, melodic death, etc...

So I'ven a metalhead for a very long time, I listen to thrash, symphonic, melodic death, etc. But I've never been able to find a band quite like pantera, so heavy but not like those extreme metal genres. Also I found thrash very repetitive now. Can you recomend me a band that has the same sound? (Not just any groove metal band)
I already know Lamb of God, Down, Superjoint Ritual, Exhorder and Damageplan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OWsuO5tWk80
youtube.com/watch?v=y-_7dyEUaWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>down

He said he already knows them

Bump

Machine Head-Burn My Eyes is a good album, and Crowbars self titled, it was even produced by Phil Anselmo

Try Code Orange or the most recent Gojira album.

Shit metal.

Northlane

>But I've never been able to find a band quite like pantera

There isn't one. Pantera solved Metal.

Five finger death punch?

hellyeah
five finger death punch
disturbed
godsmack
theory of a deadman

>been a metalhead for a "very long time"
>never got past pantera or melodeath

I remember being 17 too, OP.

stop

>Unironically liking Pantera
nice meme

Try Slipknot, they are very loud and brutal and they make my head bang all day all night

Anal cunt

check out Chimaira, they are a little heavier but have a similar style to pantera.

Most other groove metal bands are shit unfortunately. Check Corrosion of Conformity though, or maybe early Mastodon if you're cool with slightly proggier stuff

>I listen to thrash, symphonic, melodic death, etc. But I've never been able to find a band quite like pantera, so heavy but not like those extreme metal genres

if you're unwilling to dig deeper than commercial pop metal all you're going to get is boring copycats

walk on home boy

hahahahahahaha dimebag had it coming, shouldn't have ripped off metallica

kek

>listening to Pantera
hahahah NU-MALE XDD, GO ASK YOUR FAT WHALE '''GF''' TO PUT HER STRAP ON AGAIN XD

yuck

rekd and kekd

But AxCx is unironically good

>finds thrash repetitive
>likes Pantera
Nigga just listen to one of Metallica's mid tempo tracks like Ride The Lightning or something.

elaborate bait

Dear Satan why?

>Pantera
>Commercial pop metal
Take off your corpse paint and join us in the real world user

>I listen to thrash, symphonic, melodic death

This BTFOs the stupid musically inept pretentious Pantera haters

There was a moment in the early 90s when there was a kind of area of metal that was heavy in a post-thrash way like Pantera but not thrash or death. Mostly groove metal. Which quickly gave way to nu-metal later after that early 90s whole vibe and era was replaced.

Prong, Sepultura, Biohazard, later Suicidal Tendencies, Body Count. I'd throw in tweaker-core like White Zombie into that era. And a different thing but Danzig were a part of that moment too.

I guess you could throw Metallica's Black Album and Anthrax's Sound of White Noise into that moment too. A slower, riff-y post-thrash thing that was pretty radio friendly, that was 'realer' and less hair-spray-y and tweaker-ier than Hair Metal, but still technically 'real metal', right before Grunge changed the radio format, and before 'fake' nu-metal was to come along a little later. And shortly before Metallica did Load.

And another way to look at it is the sound a lot of the big thrash bands themselves had in their more mid-tempo radio crossovers in the early 90s, and the bands that opened for them around this era.

Ballsdeep
youtube.com/watch?v=OWsuO5tWk80

Bloodsimple
youtube.com/watch?v=y-_7dyEUaWI

Good thrash metal actually REALLY fucking grooves.

t. Blackie poser

Maybe you should try something less heavy, like Cannibal Corpse or Dying Fetus. Don't let the clean vocals scare you away tho, it should be a refreshing experience after those harsh Pantera vocals. Sit back, relax with an iced tea (however Arizona brand is the only true metalhead tea), and enjoy Choking On Broken Glass on the album, The Bleeding