I need help from anons with computer knowledge

i need help from anons with computer knowledge
i bought a gtx 1070 and when i try to access the nvidia control panel it says "You are not currently using a display atttached to an NVIDIA GPU"
anyone that has this problem and fixed it?, i already tried deleting system 32 and it didnt help

using windows 10 64 bit

it seems like i have another graphics card installed and its defaulting to that instead, ill try disabling that card and restarting..

didn't help

install gentoo

The problem is you haven't downloaded Adobe Reader.

garlic bread

Plug the vga or the other one into the gpu instead of the motherboard

Did you install drivers desu

really?, but its fucking expensive, god damnit

Srs though you plugged your monitor into the GPU and not the Motherboard right

Did you remember to buy the multi-GPU lisence?

Have you even pluges your display cord into the Gpu yet?

rightclick and disable that intel shit

i only have 1 vga, the other connectors are dvi

Nice b8 m8

download nvidia then install drivers b

pretty sure i did, i installed the things that came on the disc i got and installed nvidia experience
all should be well driver wise

SHAWPIE IN DA POOPAH

Mate, connect your graphics card to your computer or your shit wont fucking work. Dont have cord? buy it.

Yeah plug the whichever your using into the gpu

Did you connect the screen cable to a port on your motherboard or the gpu?

You have your monitor connected via VGA and there's only one port on your whole rig?

i actually do have a dvi cable, i just thought the connector would be vga as its more popular

there are other dvi ports and an hdmi port, already tried using hdmi and it didnt switch to that

No nigger you have your shit plugged into the big flat square and it needs to be plugged into the fancy new part

Delete system 32

seriously

Plug into graphics card REEEEE

VGA is likely his onboard video

OP just connect the cable from your monitor to your graphics card like several people have already mentioned

Isn't VGA pretty outdated? I've only got displayport and HDMI connectors on my gpu

AHAHAHAHAHA so true :D

tried that already fag, gave me access denied shit, maybe using .bat will work
thinking about that i might have done that.. thanks for the help
what gpu are you using?

woops

wait, you got a gtx 1070 and want to use a VGA monitor? lol that's funny

but seriously the gtx 1070 probably doesn't even have a vga plug. you'll need a DVI to VGA adapter

go into bios and disable the onboard video card, then verify the cables are plugged into the gpu. /thread

I don't even have a VGA on my older Gpu.

>GTX 1070

i noticed it doesnt tried connecting hdmi but it didnt output a signal, guessing because the motherboard vga was hooked first
luckily i bought an adapter a while back

thanks for the help faggots, deleting system 32 and installing bonzai buddy fixed it

my monitor only has vga, my card has vga, dvi and hdmi, is it worth upgrading my monitor to get either dvi or hdmi?
also thinking about getting a new card that has display port, should i get a monitor with that instead?
please help, i'am a homosexual

Step by step guide on how to disable internal Graphics.
1. Connect monitor into Gpu.
2. Install drivers.
3. Restart Pc.
4. Enter BIOS (press Del or F12 depends on motherboard manufacturer)
5. Find option to disable internal Graphics (use Manuel)
6. Save and restart.

. Enter BIOS (press Del or F12 depends on motherboard manufacturer)
>5. Find option to disable internal Graphics (use
i can always disable it from the device manager cant i?

Upgrade monitor to hdmi at least (better quality and more future proof). Also VGA sucks dick.

Never tried it from Device Manager; it could work. It's probably more safer to go through the Bios though.

A better one than yours ;^)

but is it really worth it to only upgrade for hdmi? is it really that much better?

Incredibly better, yes.

It's the difference between a 4/10 and 8/10 chick.

try putting the cable for the fucking moitor into the GPU slot and not the onboard, you fucking idiot.

>>doesn't know one thing about computers = idiot

>implying that statement is not true
fucking idiot

okay, but what about displayport then?

you need to buy winrar
then it works

Even better