HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT

THAT ALBUM FUCKING SUCKS DICK MAAAAN

wolves in the cuck room

>wittr

what makes wittr considered hipster black metal? They seem like a pretty generic throwback to more traditional sound. Sunbather and Liturgy makes perfect sense.

babby's first black metal for people who want to have "diverse" taste

Hipster black metal at this point is just a catch-all for black metal made by anyone who isn't a kvlt-obsessed edgelord Scandinavian teen who's only ambition in life is to burn churches.

>baby's first black metal
>not burzum or darkthrone

No, you don't get the situation at all. Hipster black metal is stuff that blends black metal aesthetic with some of the most accessible music ever, hence deafheaven and co.

It's like you only read half the sentence, woah

stop replying to the nu-male metal bait faggots

>bait
most of it is objectively spot-on to anyone who's listened to more than 10 metal albums

deafheaven fucking sucks but I like wittr

It's bad "black metal" made by posers, for posers

Pretty much the lowest of the low when it comes to black metal. It's not even good, if you're actually familiar with the genre you will have explored stuff so much more interesting you'll think this is utter shit (which objectively, it is)

Metalheads are retarded and arbitrarily deem things impure because they're hipsters terrified of hipsters.

Ok but my problem is that most people who rant about hipster black metal outright refuse to elaborate on what makes it "objectively" inferior when pressed to do so, instead falling back on the usual "you just don't get it lol" non-argument. And I'll most likely get the same response to this post.

It's the emphasis on atmosphere and post-rock influence instead of edge and traditional sound.
Easy for a MBV fan to listen to it and say "yeah I guess it was pretty good except for the horrible growling" to look well-listened in front of his friends. Same problem Deafheaven, Isis, Sunn, and a lot of other great bands have. People like to latch onto extreme things for image, so they gravitate towards the most accessible of the extreme.

>"haha hipster metal"
say the cucks who only listen to fucking black metal.

The entire point of black metal is to be fucking hipster.

Eat shit.

Extreme genre purism in general is cancerous. Punk as well. I can't relate to anyone who takes their tastes so seriously and objectively that they'll screech autistically at anyone who intrudes on their secret club and experiment with their sacred cow.

because it's a meme and has no real meaning, it's just an insult like "pleb"

yes, its because metal is the place where the losers and rejects go, so they dont want the cool kids to come crash the party and take over their secret club

thats why metal music has to be so unaccessible so that only the right kind of people will get in

t. nu-male

This only makes sense if you ignore all large metal bands that play arenas.

In my opinion the genre was doomed to purist resentment as soon as it left Europe, and there was no escaping what would inevitably be a fundamental schism between the Scandinavian old school and the American new school. A music culture that's founded on such insular principles, even if the music itself is compatible with genre fusions, will never accept change regardless of any factor. In short, it's useless to debate "hipster black metal" vs "real black metal".

yeah but those dont count. i should have specified kvlt black metal and death metal and whatever else

Black metal is probably my most listened too genre and I think WITTR have some bretty good albums desu.

to me the whole idea of "posers" in metal (and punk for that matter) is just fucked and wrong. I think that anyone in life, no matter who you are, if you want to listen to metal it should be open to you. Especially with the rise of the internet, walls between scenes have been broken down and anyone can listen to whatever they want. The idea of a "pure" scene has dissolved and I think the world is better off for it. All that's left from the bygone era are funny little "purists" scrambling around frantically trying to shout down anyone who dares to listen to a kind of music they like without being trve or kvlt enough. It's so funny to me when elitists try to call people out as "posers," as if in their heads they are the last bastion, a shining knight defending the sanctity of black metal from the unwashed hordes. Like, get the fuck over yourself dude.

honestly, the elitist 'no fun allowed' people get laughed out of my local scene.

this thread is so cancerous.
do you faggots really expect a musical style to exist for for more than 30 years without getting popularized?

oh quit being a homo

This. The whole "hipster vs not hipster" debate is not actually real

Mirror Face 1 is one of the best songs