I just marathond the first two Godfathers

I just marathond the first two Godfathers
2 > 1

Nope. 2 was just a sort of deleted scenes reel, what didnt make it from the book, the young Vito stuff, which wasn't even needed. Michael's arc started and ended where he already was, a rehash.

Well acted and directed, but just another cash grab sequel. Even Coppola thought as much.

I agree the flashbacks were pointless. But in both movies the only character I really cared about was Michael and 2 has more of him

Makes sense, 2 has scheming, stone cold Michael which is a good performance.

Part 2 has the massive disadvantage of having no Brando while part 1 has 1 whole Brando.

>who is DeNiro

Aging Brando>>>>>prime DeNiro

>aging
Brando was 47 when he played Vito

Correct. That is aging.

That's odd. Because DeNiro's prime was when he was the same age

What the fuck happened to Pacino's acting?

His voice was sounded so much better back then, too.

Any Brando is better than any DeNiro.

>Flashbacks were pointless

Vito building his life and love for his family contrasted to Michael destroying his

Marlon Brando and Robert DeNiro are the only pair of actors to have both received a Best Actor oscar for playing the same character.

And you can take that to the BANK.

I didn't need to see a picture of you, user.

Vito was already shown to love his family, moreso even, in the first, while Michaels door-closing moment on Kay elegantly showed how he was now destroying his. Muh abortion in 2 was just a retread of that.

I know. But I felt they skipped alot of important stuff and only some of them focused on that aspect

Then how did it beat Chinatown for best screenplay?

He turned down to reprise role in the vidrogame because of his voice being totally different. Those cigarettes.

Now as far as what happened to his acting? Your guess is as good as mine. He's nearly 80. His legacy is cemented. He probably just stopped giving a fuck.

Oh...and 1 > 2. Just slightly tho.

>over 3 fucking hours

why?

>over 3 hours of good movie

Combined it was over 6 hours

>Vito's story pointless
>Godfather 2 inferior
>Michael same place at end of Godfather 2 as end of Godfather 1
what??? jeez, some really pleb thinking going on here.

Do you have an argument or opinion or anything or just greeentext?

>Thinking Kay really had an abortion

1 > 3 > 2

But we see all that in the first one, much more subtley and not over 3.2 hours

I know right?

She miscarried and instead said it was an abortion to try to show Michael that she had some power.

So then he kills her doctor who did nothing wrong.

>not watching Godfather 1 and 2 throughout the day on Thanksgiving right before dinner
You have not experienced true comfiness my friend, hell sometimes I watch Part II a little while after dinner with some mashed potatoes and green beans.

2 is better than 1 in context, which is the point I guess.

1: Pleb
3: Contrarian
2: Patrician

Jesus what a shit thread