*deletes Orion*

*deletes Orion*

faggot

onion rings are good dude wtf

this

It's not a bad instrumental, but so many stolen Iommi and Tipton licks.

Orion is the only good song in this album faggot

Also generally metal music sucks, except old Sabbath and some doom/stoner metal

Imagine a whole album of Orions, that's what the Cliff Burton solo album could have been

Overrated shit. I'd delete 1/3 of this album. Definitely not Orion though, you have shit taste.

Ride the lightning and Justice are better than Puppets

you're fucking with that one song on endtroducing dude, orion has to exist for that

*deletes Escape*

I see no problem.

Load is one of there best records. Top 3.

*ReLoad

I tried playing Metallica on a turntable set to 16 rpm and I got Black Sabbath.

absolutely, I might even put Kill em All above it.

Really? I always put Reload near the bottom woth St. Anger. Load was a much better album all around. Reload had some good songs like Fuel, Devils Dance, Where the wild things are, and Fixxxer. But other than that I never got into it.

*deletes sabbath and stoner metal*

Every metal band are just a copy of Black Sabbath

Kill em all also amazing. The black album i play more than Puppets. Not that its a bad record but its hyped as the bands magnum opes. When you hear the other records you realize the other albums are much more engaging.

>*deletes Orion*
Nah I wouldn't delete anything on that one. To live is to die on justice is far worse.

Rtl>puppets>ajfa>kea>black>hardwired>death magnetic

I think for me, the reason MoP isn't as high on my list is just how similar it is to Ride the Lightning which I prefer, while And Justice For All..., Kill 'Em All and the Black Album all have their own unique sound.

Really? I lump Rtl and kea together. Both have more of a thrash feel from the Mustaine influence than puppets and ajfa do. Not as muscular of guitar lines, more attacking.

KEA has pretty much the same guitar tone Dave Mustaine always uses, that buzzy "swarm of insects" sound. RTL's harmonic-rich tone is pretty unique in Metallica's catalog, and MOP establishes the tone that James pretty much sticks to on all subsequent albums.

it's been literally years since I've listened to any of them all the way through but I always felt that RtL and MoP had really similar song writing approaches and that RtL totally relies on those muscular guitar lines but really depends the song your looking at, Creeping Death, For Whom the Bells Toll, Ride The Lightning could fit on MoP easily but with say maybe Fight Fire with Fire and Trapped Under Ice definitely having that more reckless and complex Mustaine feel to them

Yeah I could see that. I think kill em all is a lot more scooped and trebly than any of the megadeth records other than maybe so far so good so what. To me master of puppets, your right, has a similar tone to his sound for black album - garage inc, but to my ears it has a lot less treble than any of those albums, and the use of passive pickups on the rhythm tracks gives it a much more dynamic sound than on the later albums.

Basically I'm just trying to say it still sounds like a performance the way that ride the lightning and kill em all did instead of a mathematically assembled record like all their later shit does.

Right. Thrash is supposed to have a light, floaty sound with no low end. MOP is just a little too crunchy for that.

Old Sabbath and doom/stoner are the best.
Obviously metal doesn't generally suck, but at least you're half right.

I think sing for song they're very similar. But to me there's just a tad of distinction. Like the thing that should not be being very swampy while for whom the bell tolls having more of an nwobhm feel to it, and ride the lightning having that big chromatic part with the 16ths notes and the spider chord fingerings. Tempo wise ride is a much faster album and has more alternate picking on it. Master of puppets has like 5 songs that are all downpicked.

>Basically I'm just trying to say it still sounds like a performance the way that ride the lightning and kill em all did instead of a mathematically assembled record like all their later shit does

In particular, the fact that Lars was still able to actually play drums at that time.

I mean, I don't think it needs to be gone but it's definitely the most forgettable/worst track

You mean Leper Messiah

Master of Puppets [Elektra, 1986]

I feel a distinct generation gap between myself and this music, not because my weary bones can't take its power and speed, but because I was born far too soon to have had my dendrites rewired by progressived radio. The momentum of this band can be impressive, and as with most fast metal (as well as some sludge metal), they seem to have acceptable political motivations--antiwar, anticonformity, even anticoke. Fine. Problem is, the revolutionary heroes I envision aren't male chauvinists too naive to know better, they're not Arnold Schwarzeneggar as Conan the Barbarian, all flowing hair and huge pecs. That's the image Metallica calls up, and I feel no more obliged to summon their strength of my own free will than I am the 1812 Overture's. B-

>I feel a distinct generation gap between myself and this music, not because my weary bones can't take its power and speed

Uh...did he actually listen to any of the album other than the first two tracks? Because most of MOP is slow/mid-tempo songs. Just Battery, the title track, and Damage, Inc are fast.

Not surprise since he admits he likes punk and doesn't get meal

Christgau is the guy who bases his opinion of a band's entire discography off one hit single of theirs.