youtube.com/watch?v=xBftv5_tLKA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clathrate_gun_hypothesis#Mechanism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

makes me feel sauce is in order

the line graph kinda looks like a heart beat

gonna be honest....

....a little horny

What are you a faggot?

Fun fact: If every human on Earth held their breath for 2 seconds at the same time, carbon dioxide levels would drop by 6% - if we did this every day we would eventually stop global warming.

Feeling have a function, and that is to make us act. My actions cannot affect this problem. So I don't feel anything.

I'm aware of the changes. I know they are bad. I do some minor things every now and then like choosing ecological foods and paying a small monthly fee to a environmentalist organization.

I only hope that we don't die out, and I don't think we will.

Let's get everybody to hold their breath for 10 minutes. That should fix it permanently.

CO2 is good for plants dumbfuck

Enjoy being energycucked by the liberal "science" agenda

>energycucked
>once the infrastructure is installed, green energy is totally free
>fossil fuels continually bring costs forever

Yeah, well I think YOU'RE the energy cuck, so how about that, mister?

super psyched we have a president with his head so far up his ass that is going to double down on coal

"Green" energy is more wasteful than typical fossil fuels. Even in 100 years of operation, a wind turbine will not likely counteract its carbon footprint.
Think of the materials, the metal mined, the foundry where it was shaped, shipping them to the location, and of course maintenance. The only reason they're built is through government subsidies, which is basically ripping everyone off through their taxes.
Spain built tons of solar reflector plants which are closing down because they're not worth it to run.

I thought, people learn this in high school. I guess you dropped out before.
Plants even need a high concentration of O² during the night

Converting global energy usage to renewable, emission-free sources would be easier.

There's these things called solar panels and they work just fine .

>B can't be this stupid

400 000 years is way older than human history

Are you retarded?

legitimately sick. Instagram should never have stolen that color scheme from Powerpoint defaults.

that's the point

you can see what the natural cycle looked like before humans

It takes 20 years for a windmill to cancel out the carbon footprint.

>

>feelsgoodman.rar
look, we can't fix the place so we might as well burn it to the ground.

>graphs with 3 and 5 data points
nigga is you serious

what type of human are you talking about? Homo Sapiens? Neanderthals? You logic like a neanderthal, that's for sure.

cunt needs some soycaf pronto.

How do they know how much carbon dioxide was in the air all those years ago?

The same thing applies. Mining the materials for solar panels takes a lot of earth. They usually pay for themselves in about 30-50 years in terms of cost, but not in terms of carbon emissions to obtain them. And in that time they will decrease in efficiency and decay and possibly break.

time travel

of course a windmill needs maintenance/foundry and shit.
Do you seriously think that others system don't cost anything ? Can you be that dumb that you think a nuclear or coal plant is free ?

woaah

>Can you be that dumb that you think a nuclear or coal plant is free ?
They're basically free. Just build your coal plant over the mine and set the coal on fire. Cheap energy. Same with nuclear, just build the plant over an atom mine.

Are you serious? What do you expect between the graph points? An extreme growth and then a drop near the point?

Here , have some more:
ciesin.org/docs/004-038/004-038a.html
fao.org/docrep/w5183e/w5183e06.htm

core samples taken from antarctica. No, this isn't a movie you fuck.

You're missing the more interesting point, which is that business is all about offsetting impact versus potential benefit.

In the long run, I believe sacrificing carbon emission will reduce the carbon PPM count that is absolutely skyrocketing.

I believe elon musk's tesla powerwall and brand are a great start twoards the future of zero-impact power generation.

Did ya'll see solar city?

youtube.com/watch?v=xBftv5_tLKA

why the fuck was this so hard to locate.

You can't be serious we put that same effort into mining for the plants that run it . And the waste it produces has made water undrinkable in parts of America. The least we could is cut out the plants cut out the waste and cut out the emissions. We save money and keep people employed in maintance field. 30-50 years so we're pulling facts from fox news fucking kys user youre a cucked

Makes me feel happy not live in the equatorial regions.

Good news everyone! Climate change isn't an extinction level event.

*shrug* I didn't wanna live forever anyway.

>Are you serious?
yes, everyone knows you need 30+ for a representative sample.

>read my chinese propaganda links
no thanks

Why should I give a shit? Ill be dead before there is anything catastrophic. If you want to fix it, do so, stop complaining.

they get it from ice trapped in glaciers

That's methane you retard.

>fao
>chinese

Now you went full retard. You may want to look it up, MR. Down.

Did you even fucking open the links? One is a study made by the fucking US and there are more values for you to look at.
You are literally the most retarded person, I have seen today, congratulations on that.

>implying the US government and science establishmint isn't full of chink spies

um..

yet, we are still going through an extinction? how does that even relate to the question of OP.

it makes me feel like burping

Like I hope we run out of oil before everyone dies.

You'd have to do that eventually as fossil fuels will run out, but it's a great way to reduce harm right now.

Hmmm... your mother?

I dont see what the problem is. We need O to live, and we are C based creatures, so CO2 just makes us stronger.

How fuckin dense are you mate

Almost at 420!

about as dense a black hole. Your mums.

>How does this make you feel?

CO2 makes plants grow. I like to eat and/or smoke plants. I don't see a problem here.

If elevated CO2 levels mean an environment that would suffocate Jews, it's a reason to celebrate. Dead Jews, living humans. L'Chaim!

>just build the plant over an atom mine.
>over an atom mine
>atom mine

Nuclear fission is the cleanest, safest energy source we currently have, unless a stable fusion reactor gets figured out. People need to get over the"scary" factor of nuclear and realize it's what we NEED to be using right now.

need more vespene gas brah..

Your game is slipping.

I sentence you two twelve billion lashings.

>implying humans can stop the natural cycle of the earth

Idiots like you should an hero

That's 24 billion lashings!

Fuck you very much mate, chernobyl, burning into the ground, what's the half life? Oh yeah that's right its fuck you.

Fukushima, still burning, unable to be stopped, leaking into the ocean? What movie came of that script? Godzilla you dumb cunt.

Fuck you, humanity cna't harness nuclear either, we're fucked basically.

give or take one or to.

It makes me feel that science lies to cover for the new Pope. The Eocene Period had CO2 levels of 900 ppm.
The graph is phony baloney.

This. And we need ITER and Wendelstein 7-X working now!

>Lybia and Turkey in charge of powering Europe and North Africa
Dat political stability
Dat free copper
What could go wrong.

>nasa
>phony baloney

How the hell do people actually believe this? Do you really think casting a giant aluminum tube and some blades is more harmful than burning thousands of tons of oil?
Turbines may have a lot of metals that have to be mined (burning oil in the process) coal powered plants do as well. The difference is that the wind turbines don't continuously burn those hydrocarbons.
Any of this oil shill propaganda can be easily defeated with even a modicum of common sense.

Got too do what you got too do.

>study made by the fucking US
>state mandated research in the US
cool story bro

Chernobyl's reactor design was obsolete before it was even built. Fukushima wasn't as big a disaster as you think (most of the disaster was the tsunami itself), and it could have been entirely avoided.

There's proposed reactor designs that could utilize spent fuel pellets, cutting down on waste. There's also lead-cooled reactor designs that physically could not melt down.

Do some research into new nuclear technology and you'll find that we have the ability to generate massive amounts of energy with very little waste, and we have methods to reduce the danger posed by existing nuclear waste by reusing. We need to put money into nuclear and get these projects off the ground so we can cut our dependency on fossil fuels.

mostly annoyed that we're trying to curb it.
and you've got countries opening new coal mines, and fools putting their heads in the sand. offsetting anything we do.

It's not about stopping it you fucking idiot.

It's about figuring out how to stop us speeding it up enough for science to develop a way of finding a new home.

In the history of nuclear power, there have been three accidents - Chernobyl, Fukushima, and 3 Mile. Only in Chernobyl did anyone die. Think about it - in the second and third worst nuclear disasters, nobody even died.
Coal powered plants release more radiation into the atmosphere than nuclear powered plants anyways since coal has radioactive material from deep inside the Earth.
Nuclear powerplants are dangerous only when something goes wrong. Coal powered plants are constantly spewing poison even when working properly.

>compares some 80's shitty ukrainian nuclear plant with 00's supervised high tech nuclear plants

top kek m8 i r8 0/10

How do they conduct this study? Sifting through layers of rock?

Glad that I'll be dead in around thirty years from the cigarettes.

Even if burning oil is good for the environment, we have to decrease our dependence on foreign oil anyways. We don't want the Middle East to be able to cuck us and ruin our economy whenever they want.
The oil is going to run out eventually so we might as well choose when to wean ourselves off instead of being forced to when the wells run dry.

High tech low orbit satellites. Lot of em.

There are lots of ways to get this information that have been analysed rigorously and are always within like 1% margin experimental error.

Ice cores are the most popular.

Dam strait boy,
Cants stops the natural cycles
>hay billy-jo pass me another tire, to puts in the burin hole

Some guy on /sci/ was posting some scary charts saying that the Clathrate Gun had been fired and we're all fucked.

Yes. The deeper you go the older the rock is since it gets deposited in layers over time. Pockets of air gets trapped in bubbles of rock and scientists measure it.

the thing is, it's gonna take a lot more than small actions from everyone. Because even if you can limit your impact, you only have a very small leverage. You're still forced to commute to get to your job, so unless you live close enough to bike there, you'll at best use public transport if suitable, or have no choice but to take the car.
Then you'll need to get basic necessities to actually survive, and even if you shop for the most "green" products, there will still be a non negligible environmental impact in manufacturing, packaging and transporting those. Again, you need a bare minimum of environmental impact to actually survive.

The real thing that is required is a gradual, and global reduction of the pace of the economy. Instead of always going for the brute force method of "increase throughtput", we need to start valuing efficiency way more than we already do. Even if it means taking more time to solve an issue than it would require with brute force.

Funny how half of your citations are Dr. Rohde. He is intensely interested in global warming and would not agree with this retarded picture at all.

Feels good. Everyday I light my chimney.

Look at all that lovely air for the plants to breathe

You just light a chimney?

Hardcore. Dick Van Dyke would beat the shit out of you.

We won't.
Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

Just like evolution, 'global warming' is a liberal, anti-Christian myth designed to scare people.

What plants?

We could end global warming in just over two weeks!

>still believing that global warming is real
>not knowing that libcuck vegan "scientists" are being paid to tell people that global warming is dangerous
>not knowing that the earth naturally heats up every 100,000 years right before going into another ice age
>mfw we're all going to freeze to death because hippie fags are speeding up the process

>Some guy on /sci/
goddammit, what did i tell you about listening to people on other boards?

good, if you like gardening

you know better than satellite that is directly measuring these in space?

Nothing. It's been politicized. I don't pay attention to it anymore. Even if man made climate change is in fact real. It doesn't matter anymore. Nobody is going to believe anybody about it ever again. Next time don't tack it onto a criminal you're trying to get elected.

>Clathrate Gun
Explain to a stupid user what that is

Pretty awesome. BTW, I'm a plant.

>Still believing jewish oil shill propaganda
>Being so blind you can't read the graph
>Not knowing tens of thousands of scientists from all over the world are all trying to save the world meanwhile you plug your ears and pretend everything's fine

idgaf

Just like Islam, Christianity is a zionist, anti-gentile myth designed to scare people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clathrate_gun_hypothesis#Mechanism

tl;dr: There's a bunch of methane trapped in ice somewhere (referred to as clathrate). If that shit thaws and releases the methane into the atmosphere then we're fucked. As in game over man, extinction class event.