first for ricks

second for what picks does everyone use

the red jazz iii's with the grip on them

yeah, I don't care, lol soz m8

rude

Dunlop Big Stubby 3 mm.

europoor plz go

i love my affinity tele!

i never use picks for anything and it is easier for me to just finger pick everything am i autism and should i learn

I mostly play mathy stuff and hate tapping with a pick or having to hold it with my mouth for 2 hand

dunlop max grip 1mm

guys, what's something you wish you had known when you first started on your instrument?

Start on an electric instead of an acoustic

that type of guitar, type of amp and the effects you use mean nothing next to the ability of the player. Your skill, or lake thereof makes all the difference.

>Iampoor

K, i'll keep playing my prestige series with perfect intonation and the most comfortable neck on earth while you tote around that 15lb les paul that can only play dad blues.

that my wife was a money-grubbing bitch whore

triggered much

Adding to this, I wish someone had just simply shown me the scale shapes and how to transpose them instead of trying to explain whole steps and half steps on individual strings. Would have saved me years of slow progress.

that the thing most 'successful' guitar players have in common is that their wives have 2 jobs

jazz 3s but the XL model

Anybody have much experience with Gibson dirty fingers pickups? Looking to replace the pickups in my epiphone explorer with something a little hotter.

Is buying an epiphone sg and installing Gibson pick ups in it a better option than buying a Gibson sg?

Do any of you have previous experience with installing expensive pick ups into cheaper guitars? How did it turn out?

>making a big deal about your guitar having proper intonation
I guess it is a big for ibanez, but most guitars can do that, even squier shitplanks

i have a prs se and i put seymour duncans in it. was a good decision, it sounds a lot better now

i believe that pickups are the most important thing when it comes to tone, the guitar is just a piece of wood and the whole debate about tonewood is goofy

Wtf I posted my question without looking in the thread first. Spooky

I put fender deluxe drive pickups in my $180 squier tele. Difference was literally night and day.
Of course i changed all the wiring, pots and switch too.

Do it.
But on a side note, the disgusting epiphone headstock precludes me from ever buying one for that reason alone.

Some of the new epi pups sound pretty decent, honestly. You can get a new g400, gibson pickups and tuners for under $600. You can get used SG standard for $500 if you look around.

I put good pickups in most cheap guitars i own, the biggest differences in sound are from electronics, and then scale length.

Feel would be the difference, sg standard feels better(but it should) and comes from the factory with a better set up and fret work(and the gibson electronics, obv). G400 feels fine though. I own both, i prefer the sg but both are good guitars. I had to set the g400 after i got it, the sg was perfect for me.

Basically, cheap guitar with upgraded electronics is still a cheap guitar and can have all the pitfalls, but it'll sound good. It can play as good too, just might take more work to get it there.

Grab your guitar and post a picture of it. Right now.

You shall not go unjudged

Go play the 24th fret of the low b string on your shitty squier or fag paul and tell me if it is perfect pitch. OH wait... you can't

fite me

From when a guy was asking about pickguards, im not by mine. I have like 7 others, but i dont take pics of them.

>inb4 vomit
Im normally the guy that posts that meme, honestly.

Right, because i own neither and neither have 24 frets

I actually really like that color on curly maple, i normally dont like curly maple. Like waves

It's pretty neat irl. Has this weird hologram effect.

Why cant guitar manufacturers get bookmatching right? Not to knock yours, but it would look so much more stunning if it was lined up properly

whoa whoa whoa pal that's a premium feature.

NAME a better looking guitar than the les paul junior with it's simple design and 10/10 ergonomics.

You aint lyin. I got an ibenhad with that issue, and it bugs me to no end because its not as nice as the one in picture when i bought it, like 2007

>upper frets super hard to reach
>non sculpted body
>baseball bat neck
>10/10 ergonomics

wow its like you just started playing guitar yesterday huh

No offense taken. I believe I read a while back that it has to do with the luck of the draw really. When they split the wood down the middle its really thick and they often end up damaging parts of the wood so getting both sides to be perfect isn't really cost effective.

Is Travis Bean a meme guitar?

youtube.com/watch?v=pXxMz3nuZBc

R8 my nut /gg/

>left handed
vomit

It's the wrong way round.

Not a les paul guy, but it's pretty nice.

Here's another i posted awhile ago, really nice 70s Dove knock off.

I get it, no doubt. You need a powerful bandsaw, good sharp blade, and some time and patience. A production environment doesn't have those luxuries, and they can't just toss mildly expensive lumber. And after planing you can lose some real thickness off even 8/4 stock. You have to at least plane and joint a corner to ride the fence. It can be a real hassle. Wont stop me from complaining though because Im an entitled american

Ultex jazz 3

Which one?

It'd be nice to be proficient at both but if you prefer not to that's fine

The camera mirrored the pic i swer guise :^)

Why would you ever want to be playing the 24th fret low b?

May's signature model looks comfy but you'd look an absolute tool playing one.

>not fireglo

into the trash it goes

Are there any pickups better than emgs? The sounds is so metal and crushing. Why would someone even ask for a different toan?

Reee

Are you baiting me, brother?

Get this bait out of here

>Why would someone even ask for a different toan?
there gay

>Why would someone even ask for a different toan?

dunno, maybe they're more than 12 years old

why is jerry so underrated

>tfw just bought an EMG81 at GC today

Let the shit flinging begin!

nah honestly it's a beautiful guitar

I could probably afford one but would be too scared to damage it gigging so it would just sit in my spare room.

tasteful

Because he hasnt done anything noteworthy or well known since layne died. He used to clown on everyone. I remember hearing Man in the Box the first time when i was really young and it really stuck out for me, he uses a wah better than most people he'd be put in a league with. He's a really solid player, and his background vocals made layne sound so much more powerful.

The fucking gayest! Only 81s will do! I run an epiphone les Paul black beaut with 3 81s that I run all at the same time constantly. Sounds wicked coming out if the insane channel on my line 6 spyder 2 15 watt. 2003 vintage. So sweet.

ay

Fuark that's a tasty bit of wood.

He had some wicked licks on the last two alice records though, the ones with the black guy

Tasteful.

Well thank you I wasn't expecting compliments

For reference it's a Michael Kelly Patriot decree, the build quality is quite good according to my local luthier tho I wanna change the pickups to something less bright

Fair enough mate

It just didnt hit me nearly as hard as their old stuff. I don't want to be the faget that says that, but it's true. That guy sounds good, but he doesnt have the same intensity. I would rather hear them on the radio than all this other bullshit that's out now.

>n-notice me s-s-s-senpai
does it have binding on the front alone or on the back too? Lovely colour
looks metal while retaining its class

I hear you. his riffs on facelift are still the best, and I modeled my playing style after that pretty heavily when i was younger.

Get ready for tin can leads with buzzsaw chords

Front only, back's just a wood color all the way up

I do love that angry-wasp-in-a-jam-jar tone

Why is half step down so magical.
All the sudden my inspiration just goes wild.
Maybe it has to do with less string tension being easier to bend I don't know.

it's not, you're just a dipshit who falls for the placebo effect. I bet you believe in tone wood too.

Woooof

>nobody is allowed to have fun and I must project my bitterness and hatred onto everyone else.

No wonder gg is shit

yo can somebody give me the exact rhythm of the three notes at 0:03, 0:07 etc.?
2 16th and an 8th is as close as I get but doesn't sound quite right

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua2loiGHZ38

got this from twitter..

how do you play guitar to the point where you bleed?
what even makes you bleed??
i can also pretty much guarantee that the play was using a pick

It plays a trick on your ear , string tension changes make more of a difference I find than altered pitch tunings

rhythm player here. tips of my fingers bleed occasionally even with a pick when fast strumming.

>telling people facts is not allowing fun
>making sure a retard knows that what he just said is irrefutably stupid is met with someone blindly defending him.

I know who you voted for.

Play hard enough and the strings will eventually dig into your fingertips

memes

>saving anime pictures on your harddrive

>untrimmed strings

ree

dumb weeab

guilty

don't see the point. see a lot of professional guitarists who don't bother too

> not very good right-hand technique (especially while standing)
> playing my first show at our yearly school music night thingy
> First song: rise against: state of the union
> playing it in drop d instead of Eb
> Full of adrenaline just smashing the strings
> I apparently smash my thumb against a steel string with about 100 bpm
> ofc didnt even realise I was doing this
> blood on guitar

Any Gator Grip and any Ultex Sharp

Because they're all over the fucking place and it's annoying. How does that not bother people you can't even put it in a fucking case easily

REEEEE

Honestly, that song got me into punk rock. Saw them a couple times in front of less than 1000 people right before swing life away hit radios. Met them once, talked to tim on facebook for a while too. Really big band for me, really nice guys. One guy from the original line up was playing with dennis from 88 fingers louie in another band so i got to meet him too. That band did a really cool cover of a husker du song.

>facebook
I mean myspace, kinda buzzed and its all because