Post feels, receive a fitting music recommendation

Post feels, receive a fitting music recommendation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68xg_Rky4MY
youtube.com/watch?v=nENIu0D4mJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=zXaXVIGg2_E
youtube.com/watch?v=XluhkMtXuFI
youtube.com/watch?v=zcoGMJVGg8w
youtube.com/watch?v=0CZY4yz2ewc
youtube.com/watch?v=FB3xElewqWw
youtube.com/watch?v=wTZo3jXXEnA
youtube.com/watch?v=smfanfzPMS0
youtube.com/watch?v=NXIudQPb41k
discord.gg/VsdvR
discord.gg/JmXW9FE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting brain raped from shitty mainstream pop music at the gym. Now I want to feel better.

Taylor Swift

dropped out of law school because of mental health reasons (brought on by my fiance leaving me extremely suddenly, leaving me thousands of miles from home entirely alone) plus i hated certain parts of it, been searching for a job ever since, literally haven't even gotten a callback for an interview and it's been nearly a year, been seeing a therapist but it isn't helping because mental healthcare in my town is utter shit, i'm absolutely fucking broke, in massive debt, living at home with my mom, have panic attacks seemingly randomly, insomnia, depression, PTSD due to some life-threatening situations and some abusive situations, hate self, passively suicidal (too scared to actually do it but probably wouldn't mind if i found out i would be dying soon, since i can't picture myself growing old anyway), want to be a musician but i'm so out of practice (due to abandoning music years ago for a more "serious" route in life, which clearly didn't work out and just put me in debt with useless degrees) that it's like starting completely over, i'm just generally worthless.

music please.

Sorry to hear that my man. youtube.com/watch?v=68xg_Rky4MY

thanks for the rec, i've actually been listening to RHP quite a bit lately. i wrote them off way too soon a long time ago, making up for lost time.

I listened Down Colorful Hill and Rollercoaster probably a 100 times each. I went through a terrible time back in my last year of school and RHP was basically all I listened to for some time.

Completely isolated and heartbroken and lost in life. Feeling hopeless and impaired.

feet smell

Completely alone, career going nowhere, frustrating job, emotionally distant from family, only friend I ever had passed away, finally found and fell in love with the person that means everything I've ever wished for but that person is already in a relationship.
And even then, craving for enjoying life, wishing so hard to travel abroad, play and listen to music, having fun like a kid, and just being enthusiastic about the possibilities of life

I've gotten so numb from being alone that I don't think I exist anymore, if that makes sense. I can not focus on anything, my mind is completely fogged out and blank.

I know what it's like to have shit mental healthcare. I went to a mental institution as a last resort before killing myself, and they turned me away.
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
Patron Saint of Bridge Burners - Sorry

I feel utterly disgusted at the thought of sex. How can people masturbate and open themselves so thoughtlessly and frequently without being terrified by their vulnerability? Why doesn't shame crush us all every day anew? Love is just an attempt to foolishly purify our animalistic nature.

lol Emergency & I is one of my favorite albums ever, and it is a really good rec for my feels, so thanks anyway.

for your feels, I'd honestly say Clarence Clarity - No Now. it's kind of a concept album about modern internet living, very maximalist, great album. even if you can't really relate to any of the things he talks about, it's stimulating at the very least, which it seems might be helpful to you.

aside from that, when i am feeling similar to what you described (which is fairly often), i listen to a lot of Xiu Xiu, though that could possibly make things worse for someone lol.

best of luck user

>foolishly
Why foolishly? Also isn't the chemical love feel part of our nature anyhow?

Because you can't purify what is merely a temporary need emblematic of human baseness and impossible to sustain or have any long-lasting effect.

i think you should probably not think about it so much. yeah, love is a construct, probably. but enough "liking/caring" about someone basically equates to most peoples' idea of love. so what if it's sometimes impermanent? the cliche "it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" is pretty true. if you want to be cynical about that even, "loving" and losing is at the very least something that will help you learn more about yourself and humanity in general.

The instinctint to pureness is just an animalitic impulse anyway.

Circa: nothing is pure, because its only andea in your heads.

fucking meghan trainor, with her shitty dance like your old man song....

Makes me want to kill myself.

I've been in an extremely good mood lately. I'm finally starting to feel on top of my studies and my gpa is improving. My family has been able to resolve alot of awful issues that's been plaguing us the past few months. And to top it all off, I confessed to my crush and she liked me back.

Fuck you stop being happy

stuck in a rut (self-induced boredom and numbness) and i'm too afraid and neurotic to actively change anything.
please remind me of the beauty embedded in the universe's unpredictability

tired of life, especially politics and political thinking, but it extends to everything, even most of the good things

Joy Division

It's okay user. I don't know your situation, but I'm sure there'll be happier days ahead as long as you push through and stay strong. That goes even if you're already happy.

I'm in the worst mood ah

I took everybody in my life for granted and now I'm all alone.

Starships - Nicki Minaj

really really stressed out lately, i need something to relax a bit but not too boring and slow

>Confessed to your crush
You shoulda just asked her out son, chicks dig confidence

Everyone's main bitch and side bitch are out of my league too ah. Music for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=nENIu0D4mJ0

The Pharcyde - Otha Fish

(there's many other people out there man, you'll find someone else)

Weezer discography

youtube.com/watch?v=zXaXVIGg2_E

death grips. at least you won't feel worse by listening to someone singing about love or relationships

Dude, even by Pinkerton, half the songs were bitching about how hard it is having meaningless rockstar sex while looking for love. Not the feel that guy is looking for.

I've circumnavigated my problem of trying to fix my faults by just caring a little less

It's about breaking out of your habits and tendencies to ruminate on shit from your past to finally move on and grow.

iktf

youtube.com/watch?v=XluhkMtXuFI

high functioning depressive. being alone sucks, but being around people sucks just as much.

Been meaning to listen to Bark Psychosis for a while, thanks for the rec

I feel tired of setting goals and never accomplishing anything. I am tired of myself. I feel useless, with no future in sight. Every dream i have seems impossible, and that discourages me from even trying. I am lazy, but i truly wish i wasn't. And i can't change. Every day i tell myself "okay, this time it'll be different", yet nothing changes. Loneliness doesn't help either.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcoGMJVGg8w
youtube.com/watch?v=0CZY4yz2ewc
youtube.com/watch?v=FB3xElewqWw

youtube.com/watch?v=wTZo3jXXEnA

thanks

I got into that really bad for like 2 years once
you don't want to let that go very far

bumping because feels threads are important

I dropped out of school due to mental health. I've had a breakdown, chronic insomnia (I wouldn't sleep for days), and probably some form of complex ptsd though the ptsd wasn't an official dx a doc did say it. Officially dx'd GAD and I think major depression at one point. I was passively suicidal and then actively suicidal.

Long story short I completely understand, I had a similar life. I'm mostly better now it's been a few years but the first 2/3ds of my life or more were extremely bad.

I have 2 pieces of advice, 1 of which no one here is gonna like hearing but I'm telling you the truth.

1. Don't listen to sad or angry music, do the opposite. Music affects how you feel and if you listen to music that is the same as how you feel you'll feel worse. I could tell you some of the saddest songs on earth, like one that was written by a suicidal person or etc. but it would do the opposite of helping you.

2. Accept Jesus Christ's sacrifice for you on the cross. Yah, this is the one people hate. I was a professing atheist and I thought the LAST religion on earth that could ever be true was Christianity. I even held the fringe belief that Jesus didn't even exist as a person. Long story short, I was completely wrong, and this helped me the MOST get over my extreme hardships. People hate hearing this because our hearts are naturally turned from God, but it's THE best answer for you. I mean it, with love, user. Will pray for you.

i'm the dude you responded to. i also was diagnosed with GAD, we really are quite similar lol.

i appreciate the advice. i understand what you mean about sad and angry music, but it is somewhat cathartic to me in a way. like if i can take out my anger and sadness by listening to something that sounds that way, i feel less of it in real life directed towards myself or others. though, admittedly, that's probably not always the case and i just do it to wallow in my sadness. sometimes it helps though, but i do need to keep what you said in mind.

as for your second piece of advice, i really appreciate it. i grew up christian, became a militant atheist in high school like any good edgelord, and then when i went to college i ended up getting one of my degrees in religious studies. now i'm agnostic, i don't know what i believe. i think i believe in something, i just don't know what that something is. and i'm kind of okay with that. i think it's perfectly normal, acceptable, and often helpful to turn to one's religion in times of hardship. the only problem with my "religion" is that it's very intangible and uncertain, and so it's not really a rock for me like it is for traditionally religious people. but again, i'm kind of okay with that. i like being able to take in what i perceive as truths from various religions and sects, because i think i believe there are truths in most of them. but again, i really appreciate the sentiment, i recognize the care that comes with saying something like that. thank you.

Got turned down by the girl I've loved for months now.
We're still friends and honestly I wouldn't trade that for anything, but I know we'd be good for each other and imagining what could be kills me.

I appreciate your response, I did pray for you and hope things get better for you. Listen to dance music, it's good for your nerves if you find comfort in repetition and it's generally happy.

I suggest some old school good feeling trance like Amrin Van Buurin's boundaries of the imagination.

I also recommend traditional indian music, listen to evening ragas.

If you're one of those people who actually feel anxiety from repetition like in electronic music, then maybe some up beat feel good songs you know you like.

Glory metal also tends to make people feel good. Like hammerfall etc. It has the agression to get your energy out plus feel good nerdiness. Think of songs like 'Dreamland.'

American football (1st lp tho) is good for le sadness and stuff like that, i love them. You could check them out to see if you dig them.
Also, i'd suggest the song Cherry by Moose blood, because that's an amazing sad song and has some lyrics that can be applied very heavily to tfw she doesn't love you back.

Damn, that's a tough one. I hope you get out of that hole soon, user.

Tfw she doesn't love me back and I'm scared shitless of not finding a decent job after I finish my studies

I didn't expect this amount of sad stories, this really hits close to me... I wish there was a way to kinda alleviate each others. Is anyone down for a discord group or something? Musical therapy really is a thing, I don't know where I would be in life without music.

I feel like every day of my life is a waste. l hate myself and I'm very greasy right now. I feel lonely but it's my own fault that I'm lonely. I want to make profound statements but I never have anything to say.

Blur or Weezer
Igorrr
Planning for Burial
Aluk Todolo
Daft Punk
Melt Banana
Giles Corey
Majority Rule
Songs: Ohia

>Is anyone down for a discord group or something?
sure

girl and i were talking but it didn't work out :( she was very cute and we had the same interests gib muzak

Realizing i will probably never truly connect with my father

Im poor as shit.

Realizing i might have trust issues specifically with women and its fucking up my relationships.

any music for these feels? can be a seperate one for each but id be impressed if you found one that encompassed all 3.

got drunk last night
acted like a obnoxious idiot
woke up embarassed

did this too a couple weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up a failure that dissapoints everyone who ever believed in me.
I spend hours and hours, every night trying to get my shit together long enough to do work, but I just end up becoming increasingly anxious and pissed at myself for not succeeding. It feels like all of my goals and dreams are disappearing and nothing seems possible or worth it. My sleep deprivation is worsening and affecting daily life, and I've started distancing myself from friends and family which only makes things worse.

I cant really think of any recs that you haven't almost certainly heard already, but I really feel you man. Shit sucks

I hate every memory I have, even good ones. I feel embarrassed by them and always think of how they could be better. Sometimes I wake wishing I had amnesia and could start again.

Pressured by parents into pursuing a career I don't want to, and am months from graduating college, while doing poorly with grades,
Just want to make music but can't

youtube.com/watch?v=smfanfzPMS0

Gojira - Magma
or Die Antwoord... your choice.
FOR EVERYONE! DAMN IT PEOPLE! STOP BEING SAD OR ANGRY! FAP YOUR ASSES OFF! it helps.

If you dont mind japanese shit
youtube.com/watch?v=NXIudQPb41k
and Kinoko Teikoku - Eureka

Am in love

Beautiful. Thank you user

I did it senpai.
discord.gg/VsdvR

In Rainbows

Kinda finally over my depression. Starting to feel more and more normal day by day, as if a shroud is being lifted. Recently got a gf and im surprisingly not that psyched about it seeing as i have been alone for the last 3-4 years, she's cool tho. Kinda reluctant to change who i am and have been just because im becoming happier, so still listening to dark ass music and smoking way too much weed. Im not sure how school is going, i flunked school in my earlier years and im now making up for lost time in a kind of post-school school. Boarding school, living with alot of different people whom are all awesome. Cant really focus on anything, and i dont care. School has always been a bummer for me and my ADD has made things impossible since day 1. so even though my future depends on it i am indifferent to school and cant bring myself to take anything serious seriously. Kinda still riding on the dream that somehow i'll make it with my music, the connections are there but my motivation and persererance is not.
Music for this feel?

Desert Island Disk - Radiohead

About to finish my education, feeling anxious and alienated about my studies/career/adult life.

It says it has expired.

Bump

Beat Happening - What's Important

Minor Threat - Straight Edge

Scott Walker - Amsterdam

Red House Painters - Lord Kill The Pain

Beach Boys - Here Today

Flotation Toy Warning - Even Fantastica

here's my feel: I'm a lousy dilettante with too many hobbies and not enough commitment. I have creative energy but I can't seem to invest it properly. I work full time in a job that I hate. I can sense life slipping by me and soon it'll be all be finished, before I've made anything meaningful of myself.

ok this time i got you my man.
discord.gg/JmXW9FE

Caught in a love triangle between two girls who are friends, first one has commitment issues and leads me on because of it and the other is genuinely interested in me but has a bf. Recs?

lay low