Most obvious industry plants?

most obvious industry plants?

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/music/2015/06/what-is-an-industry-plant
xxlmag.com/news/2012/09/chance-the-rapper-talks-childish-gambino-cosign-signing-to-caa-and-new-mixtape/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this thread happens so often Im tempted to think its an industry plant itself

>tfw you were the industry plant all along by posting in these threads

i've never spoken to someone who actually listens to solange knowles

what the fuck are you trying to say

every goddamn time

i do, but then again you don't know if i'm a solange shill, so meh

This is obvious. She's not an industry plant, though. She and her family were complete outsiders to the music industry.

Wow. I completely forgot about this guy.

What say Sup Forums: Industry plant?

go home complex, (You) are retarded.
/thread

complex.com/music/2015/06/what-is-an-industry-plant

read the title of the thread and put it together you braindead faggot.

That year before fun. Got huge that definitly got shilled. I doubt anyone bothers shilling Sup Forums anymore though, the traffic is way down.

From who? to coachella real quick.

Agreed

LOL

LANA DEL REY

Chance's music is softer than a baby head

iGGY Azaliea and Post Malone are obvious plants, can't entertain most of these answers

i mean nate ruess was "big" before fun. and their first album is quality. but the dropoff in quality from aim and ignite to their second release, and how poppy and huge that got, leads me to think you might be sort of right, but that's not really the definition of an industry plant, since they were already established.

They did a bad job planting this one literally everyone forgot him

No, I refuse.

All niggers look alike?

She sucked dick to get where she is. Her whole
"indie taylor swift feminist leftist democrat" act is fake. She's laughing her way to the bank and breaking the hearts of beta's on the way.

>releases music for free
>industry plant

full retard

>im not a popstar! im a real human bean. i always fuck up on stage _totally by accident and not to seem like an independent artist_.

i'd be willing to bet a label or a group of investors have a piece of his self-named LLC. chance generates tons of money in royalties, licensing, touring, merch, etc.

back to /po/l faggot

>implying everything in that article isn't correct

Don't mind if i do

its chill, everyone that shits on chance are just white guys who circlejerk flavor of the month dudes like uzi vert and xxxtarnation and pretend that tpab and mbdtf were the second coming of christ because they got into hip hop in the past decade

Or they just don't like chance because coloring book is poppy mass appeal trash? Chance has peaked

lana del rey

pretty much but me I am a blacko and I don't like Chance at all how do you explain that friend

most obvious?

just about every musician youve heard of. most dont work for anything. your just put there because they can market you.

who?

i like speedy ortiz, not huge into them though so i don't know why you're saying they're plants. care to explain?

someone that completely turns the industry on it's head and makes money despite giving his product for free and successfully cutting out the industry is somehow an industry plant? seriously? you clowns are something else. You have no proof or any reason at all to even assume he is a plant other than not liking him.

I know the point of these threads is mostly to troll but like with everything on Sup Forums these days the lines are so blurred pathetic man children who want to fit in will parrot and push anything as gospel just to fit in... If you actually think he is a plant you are severely lacking in critical thinking skills

>turns the industry on it's head
I would like to know what you mean by this

Acid Rap was well received here, but now just because his next big project was divisive he's suddenly a plant? what's the point of attacking an artists integrity just because you don't like his latest release? If you don't like Coloring Book then make threads with arguments as to why it isn't good.

>someone that completely turns the industry on it's head

lol

>makes money despite giving his product for free

TIL royalties aren't a thing anymore

>You have no proof or any reason at all to even assume he is a plant other than not liking him.

he's getting radio play despite not being publicly signed or contracted to a major label. that's incredibly shady, because it simply doesn't happen. you HAVE to be working with a major to get radio play. period.

also, his sudden rise in the last 6 months is something to look at. i've never seen anyone go from being unknown to a superstar in less than a year, without the help of a major.

post I was responding to already said everything that needs to be said, He has figured out how to turn his music into an extremely successful career while completely cutting out the industry and not relying on their outdated methods of making money.

wtf is an industry plant anyway. top producers work with top artists are paid by top labels and music services to round out the industry. most of what generates discussion here is totally irrelevant to 90% of music listeners, get comfortable with that.

>In less than a year

Acid Rap will be 4 years old in April and was HUGE

google it

bitch i want to discuss it, if you don't actually have the evidence at the ready why the fuck did you post them

Twenty One Pilots

hes been gaining a huge following since 2013, where the fuck you been? and im sure if you pay the payola the radio will play your shit

Nope. Her dad bought part of the record company to get her an album deal.

it wasn't huge, but i see your point.

i'm just being logical here. him getting radio play is incredibly shady and anyone in the industry can tell you that. you HAVE to be working with a major in some way.

I don't think he's an industry plant, he just came from an affluent family and had access to better opportunities than most. I hope he proves me wrong in his career trajectory, but when I listened to acid rap I was just floored, he talked about real issues young adults face and matched it with great beats and a plethora of word play and literary techniques. I think coloring book is completely watered down chance, uninteresting lyrics that didn't stand out and he lost some of that young, ignorant, but wise charm that he became known for.

he replaced his waaaaaaahhhh-ing with a slight more guttural whine and you think it's "watered down"? the nerve of some people

So? Still means theres a label behind her it just so happens her filthy rich family is also part of it now.

see now this is a valid well though out opinion. I still like coloring book but definitely not as much as I liked Acid Rap and for some of the same reasons as you.

good publicists and working hard to get exposure. also acidrap was a big deal for the past four three years atleast
xxlmag.com/news/2012/09/chance-the-rapper-talks-childish-gambino-cosign-signing-to-caa-and-new-mixtape/

I refuse to support more than one black contemporary bi-sexual and it's not Chance

The vocalist from Korn's dad used to be Frank Zappas keyboardist so I heard they were a plant.

good publicists are the reason why he's in the media, not why he's getting radio play. there is definitely something going on behind closed doors.

how the fuck would that even get them signed or discovered though?

>i heard they were a plant

you mean from the same fucking thread that happened yesterday? the same fucking thread that debunked that claim?

w2c shirt on the right

You're retarded if that's the only thing he got rid of in the new album. Take off your cocoa butter colored glasses pls

me either

KoRn, as shit as they are, did more to establish Nu-Metal as a unique genre than any other band, they practically created a genre and literally pushed it into the mainstream. I don't know what your definition for industry plant is but I don't think anyone at the forefront of a completely new sound is an Industry Plant, though I'm sure his dad's connections helped them somewhat.

How was it debunked I missed that part

first, the whole "dad was zappa's keyboard guy" isn't verified. next, like said. also, people posted videos of them doing generally "non-planty" shit, like basically they were too weird and "rebellious" in their early days to actually be a plant

releasing free shit doesn't mean you aren't corporate lol he has a distribution deal with apple

being an industry plant and success through nepotism aren't the same thing

I mean, it's kind of dumb to say that. Mostly only a bunch of fuckboys and trendy folk I know love his stuff, he seems more crowd than content, but he isn't bad and he has released free music and the like.

The best indication of any "Illuminati Industry Plant" shit would be that picture of him with Obama or whatever before he dropped much, but I don't have that offhand, and I think he was related to a staffer or something.

his dad worked for Obama, so apparently Chance met him for the first time when he was really young

Yeah, that's what I thought. But while he may have connections, maybe, and didn't "grind" like some people did, he seems legit. Just generally quiet, doesn't seem to get involved with stupid bullshit, which lord knows is how most celebrities these days get a name.

u2 and oasis

lana del rey

Theres no true plants in the industry. Unless you count The Monkees.

REAL SHIT
where's the early chvrches pics and shit? exactly senpai.

blue sky archives got her foot in the door.

What about Alice n Chains? They got signed by a major label after only playing live gigs for 2 weeks.

He's clearly not an industry plant, but he's one of the industry's victims

there's no early b-sides, pics and videos from their early days starting out, no demos or anything from them. it's so obvious, just a fake "indeh" band made to market feminism and making males more feminine and soft.

How. You might as well call The Archies industry plants too.

>we want the reddit audience

>these people post on Sup Forums

you can search old vids of his band playing in shitty bars

then back that shit up, show me some early shit from them demos, b-sides, videos, etc. you can't find any until about the release of "the bones of what you believe"

I'm even a fan of them and I can say all three had "careers" in music before chvrches, but I'm getting what you're saying.

Milli Vanilli

christ, her parents are apparently millionaires and paid her way into the music industry. artsy literally has an article about how privigled rich kids get into and know in the art scene more than their poorer counterparts. they keep up the indie diy bullshit up just to sell records.

you forgot to add that there's a rumour that they own some of the venue's in glasgow. makes sense of her threat to linkin park that they won't play shows there again.

>people well-off financially have an easier time establishing themselves in industry than less well-off people

This is mind blowing stuff

Yeah, corn's definitely a plant

Redpill me on Linkin Park beef

look it up im not going to spoon feed you

No shit. She doesnt need many fans of her music. Shes Beyonces sister, she can ride on that alone.

>being unknown to a superstar in less than a year

i know what you mean but the dude has been very prevalent in the music industry since Acid Rap but only broke out to mainstream with Coloring Book

It's not interesting enough for all that