Is this the most innovative rock album of the last 10 years?

Is this the most innovative rock album of the last 10 years?

hey

*midi doots*

isn't this metal

Liturgy didn't invent rap metal

it's also trap and neo-classical

*midi poots*

they just blackened it!

so what's the deal with this album and why is it memed so much

it hit a unique sweet spot between "so bad it's good" and "actually seriously fucking good" that we didn't even know existed

It's one of the few albums that you can actually claim hold a candle to Trout Mask Replica in its divisiveness and (even if you claim it's shit,) innovation.

are you baiting? that's retarded.

i mean its cool that he added some lex luger drums to a mediocre black metal album and did anco vocals but he forgot to make it sound good somewhere along the way.

>tfw can't stop jamming kel vahaal
how the fuck did he make that mess sound so good? It's almost magic

No because it's a metal album

It's like saying that The Beatles were the most influential Blues band in history

literally the only good rock album in the past 30 years. pure genius

metal is a subgenre of rock, you mouthbreathing retards

but dat chord writing

metal is rock you retard. and it borrows aspects from metal, pop, hip-hop, punk, "indie", minimalism, etc.... idk usually shit like this thats so undefinable as a single genre would be called avant-prog or some shit but its too accessible to fall under that label imo

And rock is a subgenre of rhythm and blues, which is a subgenre of blues, which is a subgenre of folk

So it's actually a folk album then

fine i'll give it another listen jeez

>that mid-record peak of Quetzcoatl and Father Vorizen

when it's good it's great, but Aesthetica > Ark Work > Renihilation in terms of consistency

>Father Vorizen
>Haelegen
complete waste of 10 minutes

heavily disagree. Father Vorizen is the chant of the year, and Haelegen is prosaic prog definitely not at its best, but far from its worst.

I just listened to this for the first time in over a year.

It is such an interesting failure and I'd rather listen to an interesting failure than total mediocrity.

It's an absolute mess but every song on it has a bit that makes you think, "fuck me, that is amazing."

A 3 is too low of a score. An 8 or 9 is too high. A 5 or 6 would suggest mediocrity. I honestly don't know what I would rate it.

I'll tell you what, I'd enjoy listening to it about once a month, though.

it's dungeon synth. not too wild

definitely. aesthethica did a lot more for black metal and is much better in my opinion, but the ark work is full of so many genius ideas and innovation.

i never thought of it that way.... shit youre kinda right

correct

yes

THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION WILL OPEN AND CLOSE

Yes.

>black metal with Ableton plugins
wow so innovative

T R A N S C E N D E N T A L
R
A
N
S

I am convinced this is the best album ever produced.

HUNTER IS CUTE

C U T E
U
T
E

>Casio-keyboardcore
>innovative

these are actually completely unironically accurate statements. gj

With everyone shitting on this album I expected it to be really bad but I listened yesterday and it's actually amazing. Dare I say it's better than Aesthethica, though it's been a year since I've listened to that.

>Dare I say it's better than Aesthethica
if it was better mixed, possibly
i just hope HHH learns you can't have everything playing at once and expect everything to be covering each other up in the mix

is it so hard to ask for a clean sounding Liturgy album?
apparently so, but i'm still very down for LP4

It's not better than Aesthetica if youre looking for metal stuff, but it's my favorite album of 2015