When is it OK to root for a school you didn't attend?

When is it OK to root for a school you didn't attend?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=canada ncaa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never

The entirety of Ohio, Alabama, and Oklahoma do, so why not?

Only if your parent is an alum. If you attend a different school then you follow the one you went to.

If you go to a small school without a big D1 team

What if you work for the school?

>if you teach there
>if your son/daughter/brother/sister is on a team

Never

When you're a Leaf and the best you have in your entire country is one fucking NCAA Div 2 team.

What if your tax dollars fund the school?

Parent's school or the university is in your current city.

who is that

>LA had no football team for the first 25 years of my life
I root for USC what choice did I have?

A non-bandwagon team

When your schools rival is going into a championship game, it's your sworn duty to cheer for the rival team.

When a family member attended

cheer for the memes

Unless that team is fucking OSU. Then you bite the bullet and root for Bama

I'm Irish so I root for Notre Dame

Are you you implying people who haven't went to college are not allowed to like college football?

I'm a convict. I root for Miami

what the fuck? it's the exact opposite of this you clown

I didn't attend the school but a family member was a historical part of it and I root for them.

I'm an intellectual so I root for stanford

Dad went to blueblood. I go to a small university with no team. Therefore I root for his team/team I grew up rooting for. Prove me wrong

never.

never, even canada knows

>Go to a SECOND division school
>They expect you to cheer for them after you leave

what percentage of the crowd at Michigan-Ohio is/was an alumni of either team?

*either college

This is why college system and its fans are cancerous. You'd rather root for your conference than have some fucking pride and hate for your rival.

i went to the most bandwaggoned school most likely, and some people have their reasons.

I certainly wouldn't base my decision on the opinions of Sup Forums's population desu

there's only one conference that roots for its conference, and I'm not even sure that they do it

When they are playing uf

When you are a foreigner?
When you are a NEEt and haven't studied

When they are the flagship school for your university system.

i never cheer for alabama, georgia, missouri, or texas a&m

Fuck Wichita

When you went to rutgers

>ever cheering for JewSC or Michigan
Wew lad, I'd rather go Bootyblast myself.

>SEC

Only if your current uni is affiliated with the uni you root for.

t. UW System student

Only if you go to another school that isn't D1 and you grew up rooting for another team.

>All these cuck children saying the one your parents went to

Yeah. I go to a D3 liberal arts school so I just root for the state school from where I'm from

When you're rich and successful because you didn't fall for the college meme and learned a trade instead you can cheer for whoever you like.

Watching amateur sports is never okay. Get a life, faggots.

If you have family member alums, or it's your "home-town" team.

lmgtfy.com/?q=canada ncaa

if you are waifu is rooting for that team

Went to the university of north texas

My first year there was the first season at our new stadium

First win in like 5 years at home
EVERYONE RUSHES THE FIELD
my first memory of being at a real university was rushing the field with my future frat bros

My senior year we win the heart of dallas bowl
WE RUSH THE FIELD
Graduate a semester later

POETRY

Drove me nuts when fags would wear UT/TCU shirts on campus like nigga why are you even here

I bleed green and white
Tfw we suck again

>mfw we shut them out last year
>mfw i heckled at the game

When you're raised with it since your childhood and you've always stuck with the team through the ups and downs. Roll tide.

>making rules about someone's preferences

seriously, who cares...there can be any number of reasons for anything, why bother wasting your time thinking about any of it

i'm a texas tech fan (Because i attend the school of course) and I get a satification out of watching the Big 12 implode every year

if you went to UNT for anything other than music lmao and if you were actually a music major lmao

with that logic, why bother thinking about anything? there are so many thoughts out there and you'll never think them all. why take thought seriously?

when you didnt have the grades/money to get in, but your State school is really close by and your mom went there

and if their team is shit

We only have a March madness caliber basketball team, no football at all.

So I just root for good football and/or teams from my state (tOSU) to represent.

What if you're born and raised in some college town but actually didn't attend the school?

Never. This annoying australian (stayed there for college) faggot in my circle of friends in grad school relentlessly roots for stanford like he and his whole family went there. It's one of the most irritating things I've ever experienced.

When the school you went to is sub .500 for your life

What if I go to a D3 school without a team?

your kid goes there