Album rate thread

go

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadfrankoceanendless.wordpress.com/tag/mediafire/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

template

no complaints there

what do you think of fair warning? its got some of eddie's best playing but its a very dark album and has some weird ass songs near the end

definitely hit and miss, I like it though. Some parts where it seems like they were messing around and were partying too hard to realize it wasn't working. better than diver down overall though i think

shittaste/10

everything should be moved down 1

Soundtracks for the Blind (Silver disc)

Soundtracks for the Blind (Copper disc)

>come in alone
>second worst
no

Same dude here, desu The Sound and Helpless Child are 15/10 but w/e

It's a good song. The other one's are better though

>To Here Knows When
>Not a ten
wew

about to be the first person ever to post an album i don't love

I was debating 9 or 10, it could easily be a 10, I just felt 9 when I made this

shit meant for the 11 to be on Marquee Moon

>In the Fade
>not a 10

What the fuck is wrong with you

>Evidence above Gentle Art and Star AD

Evidence is great.

I agree. One of the best on the album, still not as good as Gentle Art and Star AD

Fair enough.

that applies to virtually every post in these dumb threads

I guess I'll commence with the comparisons.

What do you like about After School Special?

It's just really interesting, fun and creepy

>thorn tree in the garden being the worst
disgusting

how have you placed I Only Said above To Here Knows When and When You Sleep

kangaroo is one of the best songs of all time

elevation is so fucking under-appreciated

beach life-in-death is one of the best songs of all time, and so is sober to death and bodys

also why isn't this album/band talked about more often on Sup Forums?

I imagine most of Sup Forums is here to get away from their fat white family

It's one of my favorite tracks on the album. What You Want is my #1

You gave Not the Sun a 7/10? I appreciate the good rating but that's a good one

bump

Endless blows Blonde out the water.
Blonde does not have a single 10/10 you retarded faget. 8/10 at the absolute most.

Endless = The album Frank himself wanted to make

Blonde = The album Frank made for retarded faggots like you who wouldn't understand ambient contemporary R&B. Endless was something new and original as fuck. Blonde was Channel Orange 2.

Think about it, if he released just Endless, all the dick riding homo fagets would've been BUT MUH HIPHOP. Endless was clearly his artistic masterpiece.

>Endless
>something new and original
The only thing new and original was getting a bunch of dudes to to do woodwork on a constant loop while the album played.

Frank can do what he wants and people will buy it, if Endless was his masterwork he would've sold it as an album, rather than the pretentious art piece it is.

Endless download: It's not on anything except Apple Music.

downloadfrankoceanendless.wordpress.com/tag/mediafire/

Says the guy who gave 9 10/10's

If you gave Blonde 9 10/10's, I sincerely don't expect you to understand Endless. Endless was pretentious as fuck, but that isn't to say it was bad. It was a masterpiece. Music is about being pretentious. There isn't a single great musician who wasn't a pretentious asshole about their own music.Critics have been saying "pretentious" to disparage albums since the beginning of time, it isn't until 10-30 years after when people start understanding how much of a masterpiece such works were.

>Says the guy who gave 9 10/10's
>implying I'm even the same guy
The fact is, if Frank made Endless as his masterwork [citation needed btw] he would've a least made his "genius" available to the public in a way that didn't involve some subscription to some streaming service, but he hasn't because it was just something to create hype for Blonde

>Music is about being pretentious
Might want to actually look up what the word means before using it

I know what it means, and my statement still makes sense. Musicians will always release an album when they're far up their own assholes, and critics will try and call it 'pretentious' instead of actually listening to it, and seeing that it is actually a masterwork. The final song on the album is pretentious as fuck, and understood by very few people. Of course he isn't going to try and publicly sell something that goes "ON THIS SAMSUNG TELEPHONE, YOU CAN LIVESTREAM YOUR LIFE".

He knew it was pretentious, but that doesn't make the entire album any less of a masterpiece. I think the last song is weird as well, but the entire album is avant-garde and unique as fuck. No other artist out their would even try and release ambient contemporary R&B because of idiots like you who don't understand it. The entire reason he released it for free is because he knows it's a bit noodley in parts. But for people who understand that music, and don't just listen to sub-generic hip hop, the album is revolutionary to modern R&B. There isn't a single on the album, he wasn't expecting it to be straight to number 1, It's far too avant-garde/free/contemporary to ever take a spot in the public eye. For now at least. I'm not alone in thinking Endless was better, anyone who knows anything about music will agree with me. If you just listen to generic hip-hop and will ride Ocean's dick so hard that you will give his album 9 10/10's, you aren't expected to understand Ocean's masterpiece.

Nope, still don't know what the word means.

It means something that thinks it's important/avant-garde but isn't.

By definition, something that's pretentious can't be a masterwork of any kind.

If Frank wanted to make an avant-garde project, he would release it like any other, if he really was worried about people reacting to it badly he wouldn't have released it at all. But he did, and he released it on A STREAMING SERVICE BY A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR MAKING COMPANY.

Overall I don't really care for Ocean, Blonde is overrated but at least I see the appeal in it, there is little appeal in Endless at all.

I believe he meant that Frank Ocean knew that the music would go over heads and perceived as 'pretentious'. Haven't heard either albums, I'm only here for MBV.

can someone give me a rundown on what makes something a 10 or a 9? Is it just based on if you can listen to it over and over again?

agreed