*listens to When the Levee Breaks once*

>*listens to When the Levee Breaks once*

commenter is in middle school and has a better chance at pussy than you

More like When Levee Broke Wind

Is John Bonham the most overrated drummer to exist on this planet? For fuck's sake, Bonham basically just looped the first three seconds for seven minutes and that was it, that's the entire fucking drum section of When the Levee Breaks.

the kurt cobain of drummers

its really jimmy page's cock everyone should be sucking. He got the drum sound.

BECAUSE
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY IS WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUT

>t. middle schooler who was born in le wrong generation

Nah, John Bonham was the real deal. Some of his celebrated peers were more overhyped than he was.

He was pretty good. Not one of my favorites, but he's pretty good.

His drum playing isn't amazing or anything.
But his drum sound was revolutionary. Should he get the credit for it? idk.

>Some of his celebrated peers were more overhyped than he was.
If you mean Keith Moon I will end you

That was exactly who I had in mind actually. But there were others too.

I'll admit that Moon isn't the GREATEST drummer (that honor belongs to Bruford), but I don't see how he's overhyped.
I'll also concede that Moon wasn't the greatest member of the Who as many suggest (Entwistle was by far the most talented, just listen to The Real Me).

>That was exactly who I had in mind actually.

I don't think anyone would celebrate Moon for his technique. He's celebrated for his charisma and stage presence. Greatest live rock drummer ever for that reason.

>they've never listened to Can

Do you really think people like that even know the drummer of Can died yet alone existed?

>OP never got to Achilles Last Stand on Mothership

I'm not knocking on Moon or anything but he is widely regarded as being in that class alongside Bonham due to the influence of their bands, and it's just... not even close.

His technique is actually something that a lot of drummers marvel at, because it was the type that you would never teach a beginner and most seasoned drummers wouldn't dream of playing like that but it worked for him and only him. I kind of feel the same way watching him, but yeah his party animal nature got him a lot of recognition too.

The comment was on When the Levee Breaks, though.

I guess Neil Peart is just too technical for you neanderthal drumming fans.

Hope you all die in a fire.

>Hope you all die in a fire.
Jeez, Neil, I thought you libertarian types saved that rhetoric for the homeless.