Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums.

Obviously this isn't the place to go to for relationship or break-up advice but maybe some of you out there can relate.

Basically, my girlfriend of 4 and 1/2 years broke up with me 5 months ago due to "severe depression". She said she didn't want to be in any relationship and that she wants to find her own way and better herself. Shit was really hard on me because the time she broke up with me was right when I got a great-paying job. I wanted to marry her and already made up mental scenarios on how I would propose. However, I just wanted her to be happy again in any way she could find because I guess being around me didn't help her.

Fast forward two months, I still text her every so often to check up on her and make sure she's doing alright. One night, I get this giant paragraph from her phone number of her new boyfriend telling me she has "moved on", that "she doesn't want you anymore", and to "back off, first and final warning".

Brain triggers emotional distress

How could she lie to me like this

Was she even depressed

Obviously she never gave a fuck about me

etc.

Cry myself to sleep

She messages me a few days later saying sorry and that the man she's dating just took her phone last night and typed out the text. She tells me I can ask anything I want.

So I ask why she lied saying she didn't want a relationship when she broke up with me then two months later she's easily able to move onto someone else. She tells me that it just happened and it's not like it was a planned thing. I found it hard to believe, but I just moved on.

Fast forward to now, I check up on her every once in a blue moon to see how she's been. What would've been our 5 year anniversary was a couple days ago, and when someone brought it up to me I had a sudden mental breakdown. I miss her so badly. As much as I want to say "fuck that bitch" and move on with my life, I feel like I just can't. I truly did love her with all of my heart and soul. I still do.

What do to get better?

Kill yourself.

find another woman is the easiest way to get better

>/Thread

I should've inb4'd that one

Get tinder, fuck everyone who wanna fuck you.

Dude, be happy you didnt marry someone with sever depression, youd fall into that sooner or later.

Now, there are plenty of rekt threads/cock tributes, maybe let us help you in that way, lets make her disgusting for you so you can move on

This.

She was really sweet and did a lot for me while we were together. I can't say anything bad about her. I don't want to disrespect her like that, sorry to disappoint.

It just sucks that this whole thing happening has led to ME being in somewhat of a depressive state.

get a new gal, had a kinda close to your scenario. Just stopped thinking more and more about her, i still remember her but its not worth chasing someone that is shit, better to get a new babe and have 5 good years rinse repeat till you find one that is actually nice

You'll never feel completely better until you've replaced her. In order to heal most of the ways, you need to take full advantage of "out of sight, out of mind". Do not be exposed to her at anytime throughout the day. No texting her, no facebook.

being this much of a faggot

>is male
>had girlfriend
>faggot

Just know you're not alone.
Alot of people go through shit like this.

I've also had this problem and couldn't get over her, drowning myself in self-hatred and thinking i'm not worth anything.
The thing is, you make scenarios in your head about how it could have been etc, please don't.
This will only make you crave her more and the desire for her will stay as long as you keep fucking yourself up over her.

The only thing you should do is try moving on.
Do other things, keep your head busy with shit, and try achieving positive things. Get a new hobby, try to get to know new people etc.

TL;DR don't stay stuck in that routine of being sorry for yourself and keep going forward. The sun comes up and goes down with or without you, and you have the choice.

Yeah I've been trying my best to make sure I don't contact her or see pics of her, etc. The hard part is just not thinking about her. She pops into my head at completely random times and then I just get sad again.

Play some videogames, mass effect or the witcher, somewhat helped me.

Women are fuckin stupid. She was probably never really depressed, she just got bored.

Don't be surprised if she told lies to her new guy and exaggerated your flaws so she could pretend to be rescued and shit like that. Or she doesn't know what she wants and thinks she can hold you "on reserve" while she "finds herself".

First and foremost, sever all contact. Don't even give her the satisfaction of your anger. Women like her are emotional parasites. Bang lots of women and stop giving a fuck. Nothing drives a cunt mad like seeing a man she rejected brush her off like a 24 hour cold.

This is what I needed to hear, and I often forget all about those things even though it's so simple. Thank you user. :)

Listen buddy.
I know what your going through and I know it hurts. The thought of her touching somebody else probably makes you want to puke. Same with with my girlfriend right now. She was on the brink of breaking up with me because of her best friend trying to get us to break up (best friend is female so it's not like she was cheating etc.) But earlier today she told me that she told her best friend to off and wants to start concentrating more on the important things in life..like me. Find your dreamgirl OP, you seem like a decent guy so don't go out looking for rebound relationships. Stay away from anything like that for a while till you truly fall in love with someone. You will forget this woman. It wasn't meant to be. Couples that were meant to be together take things that were went to break them apart and come back stronger. That wasn't the case with your ex and now get up off your ass and go to a bar. Make friends, get rid of the ones that have any connection to your ex and start over. You are a successful guy you said? Successful people want to be with successful people. These are the kind of people you want to hang out with. Find a woman with hand-me-down recipes from her grandma and a girl that doesn't need much except for attention, spoil her and she's yours forever. Good luck faggot.

I was heartbroken after my relationship recently. The cunt found another man and just broke it off out of nowhere. There are 2 things that help

1. Time. It is the inevitable. You will forgive and forget one day.

2. Have sex with another woman. At first I didn't want to because I was distraught, but after I banged another girl, it was like magic. All my negativity went away, and it accelerated my "recovery" by a lot.

You will get better eventually.

This is a bit more misogynistic than I'd phrase it - but just about the best advice you'll get ITT.

She has no fucking idea what she's doing and is an emotional clusterfuck trying to hedge her bets. She probably got bored and didn't have the emotional intelligence to understand it or talk to you. Now she's probably exaggerated your flaws/clingyness to the new guy so he feels good about himself, and he's trying to be all tough to impress her.

Laugh at them, pity them, and look for another girl.

Btw, me again. Didn't elaborateon the I know what your feeling. I'll explain. My ex girlfriend was in a wheelchair and we used to get picked on alot. Went out for 3 years, never had sex. Was just nice to have someone to talk to you know? Best friends sort of. So no shit, I walk into my room after I come home from school and she's fucking my best friend. Broke his hand lol, hasnt grown back together correctly, can't close his middle finger all the way down. Anyway, I moved away that summer and met the girl I'm going out with now. I never thought I would get over my ex but look at me now. Don't worry. You will find love when you stop explicitly looking for it. Love yourself first.

You're the fucking best. I'm gonna save a screenshot of this message and look at it every time I'm feeling down. Thanks dude.

Dude, first of all, delete her, number, pics, fb, internet specially, block number, try not to stalk and do new things, try to go on a trip, make new friends.

Most emotional trauma heals at the same rate a bruise heals, or an addiction clears your system.

This is more like healing a broken bone.
I PROMISE YOU the intensity of the bad emotions will fade in time, about a year; and it'll go faster if you don't keep exposing yourself to it and reopening the wound, of course.

Hang in there buddy.

you can remind yourself of a couple things

> she's your ex and she doesn't owe yo anything anymore and you don't have to check up on her like that

> spend time with friends and got your mind of girls for a while, just try to have fun and things will get better

> the way she does things like say one thing and then she does the opposite tells something about her, maybe she is not as great as you thought,

>now that she has a BF you should really just fucking stop talking to her because you gain literally nothing from it it will only fuck you up

>don't hope that it will become like it was because thats the main reason why you keep feeling like you do

>it's not your fault so dont blame yourself

You weren't supposed to answer. You could be halfway to a bar right now. Don't overdo it, treat yourself with something that you usually don't drink. Make that something special for yourself so everytime you have it you get that feeling of freedom again. No problem buddy. I used to come to Sup Forums when I was feeling down because of my girlfriend talking to her best friend and I got help too. Hope you got that same positive feeling I got back then (pic related, some anons answer) if you want to indirectly thank me, just buy a drink for a girl. You don't even have to keep talking to her tonight, but you will see you again and she will remember :) keep up your shit buddy. Btw concerning the pic, my girlfriend was acting like an idiot. Got it all settled.

he's right about literally everything except the banging women nonstop part, sure it'll hurt her, but in the end it'll hurt you more.

easy. don't think about it. life is shit sometimes and some times things you have no control over just happens. when these things happen, don't think about it. yes maybe you could have done something different and maybe it's all your fault or maybe you are ugly as fuck. but it doesn't mater. don't think about it. if you don't think about the sad thoughts you cant become sad. i don't mean replace them with happy thought, then you're suppressing the sad ones and that's unhealthy. you need to learn to not think about it at all.

i was depressed and could't do shit. i was a gym rat. working out everyday to try to maybe get a girl i wanted but failed to get. so i built my self up so i could swoop in for a success full second try later. after a year of working out, going from a week beta fag that had problems even doing one push-up to fit alpha. i used omegle to get up my social skills and it works marvelously in real life. some months ago i got really really happy as my ideal body was some weeks away only and i could seduce a girl with a 40% success rate. i was becoming mentally strong as i felt like a god. i was a narcissist at the time and nothing could hurt me. then i met the girl with some of my friends that i don't have that much contact with at a concert. I knew two of the guys and then just met two of her girl friends. we were chilling and i were hitting it of with her friends. i was only interested in her though but i needed her friends to like me in order for a better success rate with her. i was flirting with her mildly but she was pushing back. she did not seam interested at all. i thought it was just her playing hard to get. then later i found out she got a boyfriend. then i knew she was not trying to play hard to get at all, she tried to stay faith full to her new man. when i learned this it was like my heart stopped beating and i felt like i were dying. i wanted to cry but i felt to narcissistic to allow my feelings to win.
>cont

Lurk

i soon after went home and wanted to fucking kill my self but resorted to my old habits of watching family guy and playing skyrim while browsing Sup Forums instead of /fit/ as i usually did for motivation. then after some weeks i started to talk with her again on snap chat as my friend reintroduced her into my life again some how. i suddenly got a spark of excitement as snap chat with girls is my specialty. i know how to play the game of a woman on the internet in a way. i have done this all year and succeeded most of the time lately. i then started to flirt with her again by complimenting her big fucking tits. i did that as i needed to see if she got mad, as i allowed my self a chance to try to get noodz but i could not destroy my self esteem any longer. she responded positively and the game was on. it got better and better i almost had the noodz lads, but then the old hag we call love distorted my mind and mad me a beta fag again. i resisted the urge to nag her about her beauty and the usual beta muh lady shit. but it was to strong. i had to abort it before it was to late. but i needed the noodz first. i send't her a dick pic while saying something fake like "send more bby

You met a girl and failed to flirt with her, found out the exact same night that she has a boyfriend, she didn't lead you on by initially reacting positively to the flirting either and you genuinely think you're not beta anymore after wanting to cry about it?

Fucking hell dude, this is some next level m'lady fedora neckbeard kinda shit; nice guys finish last eh?

hitting on a girl that has a bf

why are you giving advice you slimy fuck, you might aswell be the guy who hit on OP's GF and made him feel like shit you rat

>broken english
>Hits on a girl with a bf
>gets replies that are short, dismissive and positive
Heeeeey, rajesh how ya been man?

Glad I'm not the only one who had that instantly come to mind, also checked.