Why aren't you making six figures yet Sup Forums?

Why aren't you making six figures yet Sup Forums?

I work in a shop and no one is hiring since we are in an economic recession

I've been making six figures since I was 25. I'm 42 now.

Didn't even see a day of college.

Government employee, I am making 100k

I salute you. Without you, I wouldn't get my morning coffee, or whatever it is I buy in a shop.

I think this is called "trickle down economics"

What do you do?

Why 6? 7 it is

He's only holding about $181/$182 dollars. he shouldn't look that smug with a fan that weak.

Because I'm on Sup Forums when I should be focusing on improving my financial situation.

Since 19, currently 35.

0 College
IT Manager - International Company
X-hacker-fanboy

White unicorn and still a loser.

Roughly the same, went into infosec.

S'good to be honky.

Fair enough, at the end of the day someone has to make coffee

Lead Sound Designer for a major game company.

$104,000.

I am.

I left infosec but its still my true love.

'm a telecom engineer and i have the choice to start an manager career( planning, budget etc...) or expert career (DSL, machine learning, big data ..).
manager in a big belgian telco company or expert at nokia.

I have the felling that in the future, the manager will be less important that the expert profile. What's your opinions ?

I'm sorry your company values its sound design so little. Your rank-and-file programmers are almost certainly making more than you.

Probably, but to be fair, they do a lot more work than I do, and its not nearly as fun. Half of the time these days I'm enjoying my time building our foley libraries and supervising VO sessions. They stress out over long crunch periods without OT pay. I work a solid forty and go home unstressed.

No one will pay you six figures unless they're making seven or more
If you work for someone other than yourself you're a cuck

I am having a hard time answering this.
Short answer is, if you are a nerd (true nerd) go tech and stay tech.

If you are smart and have some ego and like leading, go manager.

I regret my movement but still the technical guru of my firm.

Debate this choice long and hard...

I also agree with your last point. The manager role is far fewer then technical demand.

God I hate administration type shit and manager people sometimes. Worst fucking thing to do... and it consumes ALL your time.

I drool when I get to do something technical and have time.

wel actually i do, so now what?

Tell us your job

Cuz I'm lazy and I smoke to much pot

thanks a lot for your answers, i 'have an ego and so but everyday i feel dumber thant the previous day.

To be clear, the management doesn' t require brain. i have the opportunity to change (now or never, a long time without technical practicing decrease the chance to come back to R&D)

i used to

it's pretty okay