Making an online RPG

>Making an online RPG
Anybody interested?
>Posting stream link if enough interest

FAQ:
>What is this game?
A 2d online fantasy RPG called Old World.
You can level up, mine, fish, cook etc.

>Will it be free to play?
Yes, and no pay-to-win elements.
You can donate for VIP status that gives you
some extra goodies and a gold badge, but nothing
that gives you an edge over other players.

>Can I help?
Yes. You can contribute with pixelart, MIDI music arrangements,
Sound effects, World Tiles, etc. Check stream for information on
rules on what I accept and how to match the games art style.

>What makes your game unique?
PVP Everywhere except towns, Interactable world
No classes, No forced main storyline (There is still world lore for those that want to examine shit)

>Where can I play this?
You can't right now. The game is still in development
and it'll take a long time until it's ready for "final launch".
I have test phases on stream where i release test clients though.

>When will this game be released?
I'm not sure. The line for "final release" is blurry in my mind.
I'll probably just say fuck it and release the game at some point
where I think the game is ready for real play and not just testing.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cakedrake
pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would love to help out with the pixe art
My twitter twitter.com/cakedrake
@CakeDrake

Some pixel art that I made pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp

Id watch. I like the contrasting colors, but i think those bushes should be more defined. They just look like darker shade of grass. Seems cool though. Good work so far user

OPEN THIS IMAGE ON STREAM.

IT IS AN IMAGE OF A WIZARD DOING THE DAB.

I WOULDN'T LIE TO YOU.

agree. you almost cant tell the bushes on the side of the building and the grass next to it apart.

Fake and gay

real and straight

I can't pay you since i'm broke and just a student doing this shit on my spare time, but if you'd still like to, you could come on my stream or add me on skype. I'll be posting my stream if thread keeps going.

My skype is: emil1000123

Also, good point.
I'll be adding colors to my list of hedge fixing.
Making them not so super square is my second issue, lol.

>also pic related is my plans for the town im working on rn lol

do you have discord?
If not, then you should get it

Also money is not my goal at all. Don't need it :P

I use browser discord
can you send files there, though?

Hell yeah! You can make a server for the project, and everybody can join and interact

Interested, where can i follow/ keep tabs on progress?

stream link
>twitch tv/oldworldrpg

Is the goal also to collect hamburgers? I don't understand why there would be hamburgers just lying around like that?

Why not just play Runescape??

Those are barrels

because jagex is shit

Make an app (game) for ios and android if you are really creative, over time you can make money out of it and become a millionaire. People will play literally anything these days, as long as they consist on swiping and tapping and avoiding random stuff and fast speed.

Just add hamburger upgrades

it would have to be a micro transactions game with hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in marketing and advertising for me to become a millionaire. i'm a student.

also, this game doesn't involve swiping things at fast speed. It's an RPG.

No, you doofus, they are clearly hamburgers.

this is a lie and a hoax

bump

With cokes...

I know, just gave you an idea. And I don't quite agree with the whole "hundreds of thousands of dollars spent in marketing and advertising" stuff. Users will advertise and promoting your app on your behalf if they really like it. Best example is Flappy Bird among others.

Oh look, it's the VB6 kid that said he was 15 in previous threads with this shit "game" again.

>sage goes in all the fields

No, you were just manipulated by the liberal media to respond in this manner. Those are hamburgers.

Flappy bird got promoted by the biggest youtuber... requeres a lot of luck

That's called viral marketing. I don't see my game becoming a subject of that at any time.

My game will have a smaller community. When you want to make a lot of money, you need to be able to invest money into it as well.

Thanks for the idea though. Will definitely be looking into porting it to iOS, especially since the developer of the engine is making a Unity webkit for $50.

Oh, this is Old World again? I remember playing this the first time you posted it here. It was kinda bad back then. I accused it of just being Runescape at the time, and, based on this comment I have a feeling I was right. Still, it's been a damn long time. Cool that you're still working on this.

>Hey guys I am creating a RPG with pixel art graphics

gtfo

What is midi music?

Do you mean midi note files that you will then attribute to a sampler/stock sound or do you mean simple music you can port into the game?

I could be interested in making simple song music

Pixel art ey? That shits easy for me, and with 2D animation its a cake walk. Send me your email or something. And the name's J, don't forget it buddy

there is already a game like that why u trying to copy rpg mo?

Migrated to monogame
stay mad faggot

The game is using a different engine now and concepts are being renewed. Yeah, Old old world was shit with even worse gfx. It's getting better though.

MIDI is a format used by computers to play notes. You'd have to use programs to export songs in MIDI format so I could convert it to fit the games style.

J my dude
Si1ver_streak is my Instagram
Message me from there on further

I don't have instagram.
Discord link: discord.gg/FRCXw