EDM festivals

Do people attend solely for the drugs, or their love for the genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/btzdX7pMjaA
youtu.be/7eWtSnX-5u8
youtu.be/LVWYNk7k05Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jUUNtnrXPVk
youtube.com/watch?v=UjVqsguCk6E
youtube.com/watch?v=wy7hQJI-BYI
youtube.com/watch?v=SDHQ1JjiUm0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZclaXQWVRCg&t=766s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouzYQTZ5uxo
youtube.com/watch?v=ohmhZVjaqQo
youtube.com/watch?v=XOMT3bRJXOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They do it to have fun

Music is very pleb tier , so only reason why people go there is for drugs and sex.

Normies love anything that is trending. Like dubstep a few years ago or trap. American youth follows pop culture and got no taste in anything

EDM is actually one of the best genres of music to date. The ability to express yourself without lyrics shows how talented the artists are. Without EDM some of the best music on the radio today isn't possible. Many artists no matter the genre are inspired by EDM producers on nearly every album.

As long as pop has hard bass init im down. I used to be a metal cuck, its so fckin cringe now.

Pop music is like tvshows, mainstream stuff is what everyones always talkin about. Mostly cuz they dont hav time for other less pop shows.

To be a functioning part of society u gotta roll with pop, noone likes edgy cucks with their "real" music

It's not great. EDM is cancerous to be honest. Digging deeper is what's better. Shit like the chainsmokers, marshmello, Zedd, etc, aren't that great. When you look at drum and bass, it's what I call the ideal genre to make, since it's 20 years old and hasn't strayed from the original idea. For instance, compare Camo and krooked to the likes of the most basic edm song on the radio. There's a much more refined tune made underground rather then making it appeal to all

European DnB festivals
youtu.be/btzdX7pMjaA

American DnB festivals
youtu.be/7eWtSnX-5u8

Tell me which one is better and less faggot based

Mix of both, but the drugs have been stopping. Fabric had to close just because two died from drugs, so I guess it's now for the love of music and to have a good time

The chainsmokers are the voice of a generation. I wouldn't be reluctant to compare them to Kurt Cobain and Michael Jackson. Calvin Harris and David Guetta have made some of the most influential music of our time. Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

US festivals have slowly started to invite more hardcore guys, so that's pretty cool.

American looks lit af, European looks boring as shit.

>Implying they actually make good music

The chainsmokers aren't that talented. They've made shitty song after shitty song. I only liked one song from them, and that was a remix (Selfie-Botnek remix)

They're pitiful, and I would consider them worse then the fags who use the cookie cutter dubstep formula

Are you fucking retarded. Id go to the European one because the crowd is engaged with the music, plus the transitions are smooth. Also, indoors is better then outdoors desu

Fucking that. When I'm rolling I need space to dance.

So you'd take the crowd where there are more dykes and faggots whipping around plastic cocks.....

Well that's splendid for you user

Reference:youtu.be/LVWYNk7k05Y

Jesus Christ what are you

why the fuck are you taking such obvious bait

EU stuff that you linked looks pretty pale. Visual effects make for a better show really

Fuck man anyone wants to fuck in a rave?

Yeah, but I find that crowd much better. I like the music that's played along with the visuals. The switch up from ruhepuls to not normal is still a great one, then the guys put one of their best songs, then switch to bass House out of nowhere. It's pretty clever to pull that off in a set

>implying not satire

Frickin' idiot

Well I did fall for the bait. Of course nobody does think that the chainsmokers are good, right?.....

It kinda looks like a hiphop show doe, i think thats my problem really. crowded

I forgot to mention that the one that's crowded is part of a larger event called rampage, which just passed last weekend, and usually has lots of other acts. The American one was the last one of a 3 day event, so the crowd was less open.

Not really big into dance music but all my friends love it especially techno stuff. Went to cream fields with them this year and managed to have a good time. I'd say a good chunk of people go just to take drugs but there's also a substantial amount that go for the music.

These people come here. It's so funny to think that when I started visiting this board I trusted whatever I was told about music but now I see that most of the people here are utterly clueless.

>trips

People who enjoy the cahainsnokers are let's say "special".

Do people on Sup Forums even listen to edm?

They like them just because they're "hip and with it". I could probably write better music then them, plus them uszing halsey over everyone else is terrible. Could have gotten some more underrated vocalists then that whiny bitch

/bleep/

i'm starting to question if the music i listen to is actually better than pop music today

maybe i'm just contrarian. i try to listen to the top 100 stuff but it's all just so boring.

edm general?

I doubt he said they were any good. He just stated that they are being influential.

/bleep/ is trash. Sup Forums doesn't listen to EDM because most of Sup Forums are Ameritards who only have Skrillex & Deadmau5 as "EDM references"

Yes, chainsmokers marsh zedd n those you said are trash but Drum and Bass isn't any better (only Noisia are worth a listen)

That's why EDM is so great, it's diverse as fuck & it's all about new synths.
EDM artists worth a listen
Big Roomey: Blasterjaxx (really underrated), Jewelz & Sparks & Dannic
Deep Housey: Tchami, Malaa & Vintage Culture/Liu/Alok(GhostProduced Brazilian Bass)
Special Mention: Alpharock
Synth wank: Ummet Ozcan

big festivals:

for instagram and snapchat mainly, drugs and hedonism.

small techno / deep house hipster 'festivals':

drugs and music.

tfw no small psytrance parties i can go to

>Camo & Krooked
>The Brookes Brothers
>Cyantific
>InsideInfo
>The Prototypes

Literally don't even need to watch the videos to know that they will both be shite. There's about 4 good releases between the 5 of them.

Drugs.
Went to a couple of Techno concerts, everyone except for me and who I was with was on some shit. Feels really awkward to be sober in such a situation.

what does bleep listen 2 then?

pretentious IDM

IDM is like Aphex Twin though and they don't like him

>house and techno are "pretentious IDM"
huh

There's a separate thread for IDM. Although /bleep/ in it's current for isn't about music at all and is just about shitposting.

Move to Aus m8. Psytrance festivals in general have the best type of drugs and the best people.

youtube.com/watch?v=jUUNtnrXPVk

youtube.com/watch?v=UjVqsguCk6E

youtube.com/watch?v=wy7hQJI-BYI

/bleep/ is IDM

This

It's 295 shitposts and 5 regurgitated youtube links, shit general

lmao

>implying any techno is posted in /bleep/
And yea, it used to have some chicago/deep house posts but nothing new, ever. For them it's as dead as progressive rock.

If there had to be an /edm/ general at least people there ought to know what Beatport is Xd

>>implying any techno is posted in /bleep/
Of course there's techno posted in there
and there's new stuff all the time
what are you even on about

bleep doesn't listen to dance music, it's just old bleepity bloop noise from 30 years ago

Yeah, you really need to be on MDMA or at least speed to really get techno or hard events. People in the 90's knew how to fucking party, it's literally only about the music with drugs helping to enhance the listening and dancing experience. Like if you look at modern mainstream festivals, it's just a bunch of roided up normies fist pumping to shitty big room. In my opinion there's nothing more boring.

Examples of sick parties:
youtube.com/watch?v=SDHQ1JjiUm0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZclaXQWVRCg&t=766s

Uh, no?
This "you need drugs to enjoy the music" meme needs to die. I know literally nobody who needs anything other than not-being sober to enjoy a rave.
But then again, I'm not American so who knows ;-)

keep telling yourself that

Music, drugs, plur in that order. Even in the most inaccessible hardcore gabber parties, all the pills means you get some of the friendliest crowds ever.

>I know literally nobody who needs anything other than not-being sober to enjoy a rave.

This is clearly a lie, no one in the UK ever goes to any proper rave without taking something.

It makes sense desu, if you weren't off your tits there wouldn't be anything enjoyable about a rave. You can listen to sets at home so it's clearly not about the music.

I'm the same way now too, but I really think you need to try at least empathogens in order to truly understand the culture. Most newbies and normies come in with preconceived notions and unnecessary ego and aggression as a result. These type of people will never get to fully enjoy the rave scene.

You can listen to it autistically at home...
...Or you can go into the rave with the lads, enjoy your moshpits, live dj AND maybe even get lucky with some nice bird/s
:-)
>I'm from the UK therefore I know all about raves despite obviously having no human contact beyond these cantoneese cottonpicking discussion websites

you can try anything you want sure but it's not something as common as people here try to sell you

>you can try anything you want sure but it's not something as common as people here try to sell you

What do you mean?

>Moshpits at a rave

This is how I can tell you're an American.

There also hasn't been a proper rave in the UK since 1994

>moshpits

Ahahahaha

Spanish >Moshpits at a rave
You've seen those 90's techno vids and now think you know jack shit about raves?

I mean most people don't take empathogens and instead just go shitfaced drunk. Not saying you can't take 'em but I'm just pointing out that it's not a common practice, not even in Ibiza.

Idk I'm from aus and if you go to any big trance event or even just legit techno parties, 90% of the crowd will be on M or K. Funny story too, at my first psy festival I was on LSD and freaking the fuck out until I realised literally everyone else was also tripping. You really can't beat the vibes and the sense of connectedness of being on the same substance as the rest of the crowd.

sounds like you need to learn to adapt, my nigga

>You've seen those 90's techno vids
No, what are you even on about.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouzYQTZ5uxo

youtube.com/watch?v=ohmhZVjaqQo

Lol

youtube.com/watch?v=XOMT3bRJXOo

so?

I go in Psy Trance fests for both honestly.

>mad pards that can't get into proper dance music.

baka, pham.

I posted the "295" one, I'm British and love dance music but fuck /bleep/, it's an awful general and you can't justify it with >muh bantz

When did we drop the house/techno name for EDM?
It's like calling punk rock rebel rock

For the faggots that hate EDM/house/techo/whateverthefuck just think of it as the evolved form of disco

How do you not recognize obvious bait

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, fuck off

I think calling all electronic EDM is an American thing, to me EDM just means the big room sound

i go there for the tunes, if you actually post music and know your shit about electronic music you'll fit right in.

i agree most of the time is stupid memery and trips faggotry, but it's the only place with quality edm.

>"electronic music"
>"edm"

Never post in /bleep/ again

Good Goy

>electronic dance music

do you have a broader term or what? lls.

Edm should branch out to all. The references I can pull up are better then what Sup Forums can put out. Tell this board to listen to the likes of billain or noisia or ivy lab. This board needs to hear stellar sound design

tfw people say edm music

I've been digging shit like Thylacine and Comah's mixes lately

Any recs?

>I know that they're shite

Who the fuck are on man. I can name 10 songs that are great from the 5

Climax
Tear you down
Good to me
Natural desire
Pale blue dot
Electric
Under the neon
Suffocate
Loving you is easy
Metamorphosis

EDM != all dance music

Pardners man lls

It's been like that ever since skrillex came. You can't make it any simpler, but it's just from how many sounds that the genre can make. Either it's the crap you hear at festivals or you listen to snails or those who stretch what the genre is

Good shit, this type of music is never posted on bleep. Seems like they are a bunch of pard posting neckbeards generally averse to anything hard.

EDM is not a genre

If they ever hear stuff like Ivy Lab-Sunday crunk (Mefjus remix) or Snails and botnek-Happy hour, they wouldn't call it music at all, yet they go off at sets

Yeah that is true. Too broad of a genre. Either it's dance or electronic

I love how nu-males harp on feminism and non-violence and shit and then go to edm festivals and support sex trafficking and murderous drug cartels by buying a bunch of shitty x and research chemicals

Neither are genres either.

Techno alone is as old and varied as rock by 1992. Same could be said of house and breaks nearly. Each are as distinct yet varied.

yeah, petty they're both made with the use of ELECTRONICS. you people are so fucking clueless...

It's a good irony. If the fags want to learn, then watch the mess unfold in their face. But it's been decreasing lately with drugs. Sex on the other hand, could be on the rise just because of Sweden

>Buying quality drugs from DNMs supports sex trafficking
Fuck off you autist

Bob Marley and Slint music is both made with STRINGS, let's talk about them together

Go for the drugs and openers.
EDM is shit.
Hardstyle, Trap, Drum n Bass, Psytrance that's the shit

are you really this fucking stupid?

This. Dubstep is good if you produce it like a wine. Those like culprate, myro, virtual riot, space laces, downlink, and excision all make their dubstep uniquely theirs. But when it's made to be quickly made, it isn't perfect.

Trap is a mix, since you either get some amazing vibes or it's bland

This whole thread is full of bait

Lol, they all suck, let me help

1. Loefah
2. Ramadanman
3. Mala
4. Kahn
5. Coki
6. Skream
7. Goth-Trad
8. Shackleton
9. Kode9