/cfb/ - Lamar Jackson edition

It's a big week for Heisman front-runner Lamar Jackson and #10/10 Louisville as they host #2/2 Florida State. It's the first time Louisville has ever had College GameDay come to their city and it's the first time two Top 10 teams met in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium since 2006.

It's also a big week for the Big Ten as they seek a much-needed boost to their résumé with a trio of high-profile matchups:
>#3/4 Ohio State at #14/14 Oklahoma
>#8/12 Mich State at #18/18 Notre Dame
>#21/22 Oregon at #29/33 Nebraska
As it stands now, the Big Ten only has three wins over teams from other Power 5 conferences, and only one worth bragging about....

Number of teams beaten from other Power 5 conferences:

5 - SEC
>beat TCU, Southern Cal, UCLA, VT, UNC
4 - ACC
>beat Ole Miss, Auburn, Penn State, Illinois
4 - Pac 12
>beat Kansas State, Texas Tech, Virginia, Rutgers
3 - AAC
>beat Oklahoma, NC State, Purdue
3 - Big Ten
>beat LSU, Oregon State, Iowa State
2 - Big XII
>beat Notre Dame, Missouri

Other urls found in this thread:

m.appstatesports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=1544668&DB_OEM_ID=21500&
mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/emu_football_team_replaces_mic.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As for Florida State, they have two guys in the Heisman discussion

>my face when people actually think the team with the best defense and a top 10 offense in the country will miss the playoffs next season

>Brandon Peters (objectively and statistically the best QB in the 2016 recruiting class, it isn't even debatable)
>Ty Isaac (best RB in the game who will be 100% healthy, unlike the entirety of last year. he will put up 1200+YDs/10+TDs/5.0YPC)
>Jake Butt (a top 3 TE already going into this season, 1000+YDs/7+TDs)
>Sean McKeon (literally a Jake Butt-clone)
>Amara Darboh (top 10 WR, 900+YDs/5+TDs)
>Jabril Peppers (a black guy trapped in a black's body, one of the smartest players in football, elite measurables, incredible upside)
>Kareem Walker (one of the fastest and most explosive players in football)
>Joe Beneducci (best blocking FB in country)

>Best pass rush in the B1G
>Best LB corp in the B1G
>Best secondary in the country
>Top 5 D-Line

Barring major injuries to key players, there is literally no way the Wolverines are missing the playoffs this season

The Michigan B1G championship drought ends in 2016-2017

You can't prove me wrong

Cap it

hook 'em

>caring about, and ranking, conferences
lol. who the fuck cares. i support a team, not a conference. fuck you, southerners. you lost the civil war. get over it.

Not everyone in the south supports a conference. I only root for one team: FSU. I don't mind some other teams in other conferences and I'll root for them when they play a team I hate.

its one thing to be black, its another to roleplay as one on a mongolian rain dancing forum because youre a cuckold

post a picture of your hand with a time stamp

There is also two big games in the San Francisco Bay Area this week:
>#11/16 Texas at Cal
>Southern Cal at #6/7 Stanford

>116 word research paper due in 13 months

how fuqqed am I lads

Down South, the big game this week will be in Oxford, Mississippi
>#1/1 Alabama at #17/19 Ole Miss

You might as well just kill yourself now.

>mfw moving halfway across the country to a team that doesn't want you is (somehow) what it takes for Mike Riley to finally beat Oregon

Best game of Week 3 checking in

Fair warning: I'm black/white/Native American. I've got that Drake complexion. If you saw my nose or my hair you know instantly I was half black.

Should I go to gameday, spuh?

Absolutely, bro. If you haven't gone before, do it. Any college football fan should go to Gameday at least once.

Today is my birthday, but no party or gf :(

Happy birthday mother fucker

>cal
>a big game against anyone

41-10 tex

happy bday

I'm a Miami fan and I'm nervous as fuck honestly. If Kaaya is still shitting the bed and we're one dimensional I think we could easily lose.

huskers are gonna roll on oregon

something to the effect of 41-24

Happy b-day, faggo. Who's your team?

tOSU, and my school

>#4 team plays #11 team in what is essentially a home game for #4

#4 team plays like a top 5 team

#11 team plays like, the #11 team.

#11 loses a game the rankings said they would, giving the rankings some validity.

>#11 becomes #19

>Wisconsin beats shitty overranked team
>#10

FUCK YOU AP I FUCKING HATE YOU

>Papa John's Stadium

Happy Birthday, and go bucks!

I don't think anyone else thinks this is as funny as you are making it out to be. Kind of forced tbqhwyf

>Google map all these American universities
>Many of them are in the middle of fuck nowhere

you seem white or kebab at most. That complexion isn't enough to make racists lose their shit

It's like building a giant campus near large cities would cast a lot of money or something.

>middle of nowhere
theres more to the US than New York, Texas and California

>pumphrey is actually getting heisman votes

Wew lads

No way he wins it, at most he'll be invited only to see Deshaun Watson win it in person.

>Doubting Webb

Its going to be a shootout desu

Any other Philosophy majors here in /cfb/?

Ivy League football starts play this week! (Ivy League plays 10-game seasons)

>Harvard's team is ranked preseason #1

Meanwhile, today, the annual U.S. News & World Report 2017 Best Colleges Rankings was released:

Ivy League dominated the Top 15:

Ivy League
>1. Princeton
>2. Harvard
>3. Yale
>5. Columbia
>8. Penn
>11. Dartmouth
>14. Brown
>15. Cornell

Compare to the rest of the Top 25:

Pac 12
>5. Stanford University
>20. Cal
>23. Southern Cal
>24. UCLA

ACC
>8. Duke University
>24. Virginia

Big Ten
>12. Northwestern University

SEC
>15. Vanderbilt University

Independent
>15. University of Notre Dame

Conference USA
>15. Rice University

FCS
>20. Georgetown University

Div III
>3. University of Chicago
>7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
>10. Johns Hopkins University
>19. Washington University in St. Louis
>24. Carnegie Mellon

No football team
>12. Caltech (Los Angeles)
>20. Emory University (Atlanta)

Top 25
1. Princeton University
2. Harvard University
3. University of Chicago
3. Yale University
5. Columbia University
5. Stanford University
7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
8. Duke University
8. University of Pennsylvania
10. Johns Hopkins University
11. Dartmouth College
12. California Institute of Technology
12. Northwestern University
14. Brown University
15. Cornell University
15. Rice University
15. University of Notre Dame
15. Vanderbilt University
19. Washington University in St. Louis
20. Emory University
20. Georgetown University
20. Cal
23. Southern Cal
24. UCLA
24. Virginia
24. Carnegie Mellon

I know there's no way he wins it, just good to see people giving him respect votes

Heading into Week 3, here is your Top 40 in the new AP and Coaches polls, organized by conference:

SEC WEST
#1/1 Bama
#17/19 Ole Miss
#17/20 Texas A&M
#20/22 LSU
#24/24 Arkansas
#35/35 Auburn

SEC EAST
#13/16 Georgia
#15/15 Tennessee
#23/23 Florida

ACC ATLANTIC
#2/2 Florida State
#3/5 Clemson
#10/10 Louisville

ACC COASTAL
#25/25 Miami
#27/34 North Carolina
#31/34 Pittsburgh

BIG XII
#11/16 Texas
#14/14 Oklahoma
#19/21 Baylor
#26/26 TCU
#32/32 Oklahoma State
#37/NR West Virginia

BIG TEN EAST
#3/4 Ohio State
#4/5 Michigan
#8/12 Michigan State

BIG TEN WEST
#9/12 Wisconsin
#11/13 Iowa
#29/33 Nebraska

PAC 12 NORTH
#6/7 Stanford
#8/9 Washington
#21/22 Oregon

PAC 12 SOUTH
#26/28 Utah
#29/30 UCLA
#38/39 Arizona State
#37/41 Colorado

INDEPENDENT
#18/18 Notre Dame

AAC WEST
#6/7 Houston
#38/NR Navy

AAC EAST
#36/NR South Florida
#38/NR Cincinnati

MWC EAST
#30/31 Boise State

MWC WEST
#28/33 San Diego St.

MAC WEST
#36/43 Cent. Michigan

SUN BELT
#40/NR Appalachian State

here's my delima as a student.

I like going to the tailgate with my fraternity bros and stumbling into the game shitfaced but this means i have to miss all the other games. I prefer watching games on TV by myself because i have autism or something.

Why me me

Army, Navy and Air Force all came away with W's to advance to 2-0. The last time all 3 service academies started 2-0 was in 1996...20 years ago

Check out the helmets Air Force wore last week

However, Penn has the most 1st place votes!

which happens first: an fcs team getting ranked in the fbs ap poll, or a sunbelt team getting ranked?

first for Lamar Jackson will faze out and not be even invited to the Heisman presentation
>has admited he doesnt know his plays, quote "stares his reciever down and if he's covered then he runs"
>literally admitted he doesnt know how to play quarterback
>used his athleticism to dominate FCS tier programs
what do you think is gonna happen when he plays a program like Florida State, that has a defense that can easily match is athleticsm? literally Kenny Hill 2.0

iirc FCS schools cant be ranked because they have their own rankings

NOLES

Dubs and Louiseville will get exposed this weekend and the Noles will win the beat them, Celmpson, and UF.

why would you need dubs to prove the truth?

FBS can be ranked. Appy State was ranked as an FBS school, for ex

2007 - Thanks to a new policy that makes all Division I
teams eligible to receive votes in the Associated Press Top 25 poll,
Appalachian State University was listed on four ballots and received
19 points in voting for this week's poll on Sunday.
m.appstatesports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=1544668&DB_OEM_ID=21500&

My dudessss

Who's the person who gave Brown that 1st place vote?

>Conference USA unironically has no teams in the Top 40

kek

yep, some even refer to it as the App State Rule.

>Southern Cal

>UT
>middle of a city filled with californians, hard to build new shit
>TAMU
>has an airport
You need land for new buildings senpai.

>Cornell
>8
like clockwork

Weekly reminder Iowa is undefeated and will remain so for the remainder of the regular season.

>thinking you wont get upset by NDSU
prepare.

NDSU is the best team Iowa will play. Including michigan and wisconsin lol.

And it will not be close.

>Implying they can survive the Bizon

>not having a tv at the tailgate and watch espn app
You dun fucked up m8

Bama opening with FSU next year.

Note both Stanford and Michigan State took bye weeks in Week 2 to give them each two full weeks to prepare for the challenges they are in fear of in Week 3:
>Mich State at Notre Dame
>USC at Stanford (Notre Dame plays both these teams: ND hosts Stanford Oct 8, and ND plays at USC the Friday after Thanksgiving during Rivalry Weekend)

Meanwhile ND and USC (who played Div 1 teams from Nevada and Utah) in Week 2) both took their bye weeks on Oct 22 to give them a mid-season rest, kinda like a halftime

Florida isn't going to bother with any undefeated hype train at the beginning of the season.

That's a piss easy schedule

No, MSU has a bye in week 2 because Pedo State decided to fuck with their schedule last-minute, rearranging the schedules of everyone else in the B1G

What do you guys think of this? ND seems way overrated to me. Keep in mind ESPN rarely gives teams more than a 60% chance to win unless they are playing a cupcake

also note that: with Stanford and Michigan State both burning their bye week last week in fear of the foes they face this week, it means Stanford and Michigan State won't have an off week the rest of the season

Meanwhile:
1. both of Stanford's rivals for the Pac 12 North (Washington and Oregon) scheduled their bye weeks for Oct. 15 to give them a mid-season rest
2. one of Michigan State's rivals for the Big Ten East (Michigan) also scheduled their bye week on Oct 15 to give them a mid-season rest. As for Ohio State, their bye week is Sep. 24, this next week after they play Oklahoma. Probably because they figure Oklahoma is going to be so tough and bruising that they need a 2-week break to recover before they get back to the comfy Big Ten.

>tfw im applying to transfer to app state the same week they play miami at home
Its meant to be guys

It has more to do with no flexibility because of 9 conference games
Which is a ridiculous idea to begin with

Austin has completely changed over the last decade. What used to be a small town is now an overpopulated mini-Seattle. I think it's the best place to live, but the problem is a ridiculous amount of people think the same exact thing.

As a civil engineer, I can tell you that the transportation system there is beyond fucked. The city hall thinks spending money on improving it will just invite more people there; although it's the university, music festivals and hipster attractions that keep people moving to live there at an average of 2 or 3 people a day.

Thanks for reading my blog. I love Austin and it's worth visiting. Just don't move there.

how much longer until you guys vote in a tranny as mayor?

welcome to App Nation, friend.

excited about living in Boone?

Visited the campus in April, walked away pretty excited. They only showed us the freshmen dorms though. Are all the dorms that shitty?

No, how fucking dumb are you? Literally two seconds on google gives you the correct answer.

Mich State was supposed to play Eastern Michigan last weekend. But Mich State pulled out so they had 2 weeks to prepare for Notre Dame

In 2009, MSU agreed to play Eastern Michigan in 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2020 with the first 3 at MSU and the 4th at EMU. Mich State paid EMU $650,000 for the games at Michigan State in 2012 and 2014. But since Mich State wouldn't pay EMU to come to MSU in 2016, both schools came to the mutual decision in January 2015 to cancel both the 2016 and 2020 games. With both sides pulling out, neither program will have to pay the $500,000 buy-out fee in the contract. EMU quickly filled the slot with Missouri (Missouri beat EMU 61-21 last week) while Mich State left it open to give them 2 weeks to prepare for Notre Dame

mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/emu_football_team_replaces_mic.html

fucking love it

The only shitty ones are East Hall, Coltrane, Gardner, Bowie, Eggers, and Justice.

All of those are scheduled for either demolition or renovation over the next several years.

The rest are nice.

Is East Hall really haunted? Also, any tips for incoming students and what to expect?

Southern Miss hasn't started conference play yet. Give it time.

meant to reply to

wtf i have harvard ranked #1 overall

East Hall was originally a hospital for the county before it was converted into a residence hall.

I've heard lots of stories from people who lived in East, from stuff moving around in the middle of the night, to voices, cold spots, and all sorts of creepy stuff. Several people have reported seeing a "girl in a white gown" on I think the 2nd floor.

>Big Ten education

sounds spooky. So no tips for incoming students?

If hiking is your thing, check out Rough Ridge, Cone Manor, and Beacon Heights. All great hikes for catching the sunset. Hebron Rock Colony is good if you want to get in the river.

Essential restaurants:
>Proper
>Lost Province
>Cobo
>Coyote Kitchen

Essential Bars:
>Appalachian Mountain Brewery
>Lost Province

Greek life here is decent, but you don't need to be greek to find decent parties.

I highly recommend having a 4x4 vehicle for the winter up here. Lots of snow and ice.

Yeah we went to the Daniel Boone Inn, was pretty good but way to pricey. I do love hiking though, and I plan on getting into snowboarding too. What frats should I avoid joining though if I do decide to go greek?

Buffs

SKOO BUFFS

kerryon goin for 200 vs tamu

Avoid the FIJIs and any frats on probation.

Aside from that you should be fine.

>theres more to the US than New York, Texas and California
name one thing

How about Florida?

ND may have lost but they looked better in defeat than MSU has in victory.